Three Legendary Cars trophy [Ford Mark IV Race Car, Jaguar XJ13, and Ferrari 330 P4 '67]

MWYSONG23

1 hour ago, Asimb0mb said:

Btw I expect to see the Mazda 787B in the legendary cars shop very soon. Should be eligible for the trophy. I expect 3 million credits.

Let's hope that the new car which is supposed to replace the Corvette (C2) '63 in 12 hours is not DB5 '64, because if that's DB5 '64, we have strong chance to get 20 million S Barker Tourer '29, followed by 100k Willys MB '45 and 8 million CLK-LM '98, all of which are useless for this trophy.

2 hours ago, PhiphyL said:

Has someone tried to translate the Japanese text for this trophy? That's the one we should be looking at!

I did that on the first page, though I'm not a Japanese native speaker. I'd translate like this;

Acquire 3 legendary racing cars that were born to win 24 hour races in the past.

かつて24時間レースに勝利すべく産声をあげた、伝説のレーシングカー3台を入手.

1 minute ago, Wendenhorn said:

Acquire 3 legendary racing cars that were born to win 24 hour races in the past.

Doesn't sound like 3 different cars to me, and neither does it sound for other languages.

Well.. everything is possible at this point ? But I do appreciate the effort from everyone here

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sakumiashi said:

uj74.png

seem someone doesn't wanna share with us who's the cars required for that trophy, seems we can buy three times the same cars, not a shadow of a doubt !

Edit : I'll go with C9, this car has everything to be on the listing !

Probably devs testing trophies. 

• Like 1

Guys Iam almost speechless. I really thought most of you will achieved it after the Porsche was listed. So lets review something.

The Ford Mark IV and the C9 Mercedes had both won 24h le mans. 

The trophy description says only 24hour races. Not Le mans specific.

We have or had other cars at the Legendary Dealership which won other 24h races (not Le Mans)

Maybe you need one Le Mans winner, one Daytona winner and one Nürburgring rinner?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Quetschboy said:

Guys Iam almost speechless. I really thought most of you will achieved it after the Porsche was listed. So lets review something.

The Ford Mark IV and the C9 Mercedes had both won 24h le mans. 

The trophy description says only 24hour races. Not Le mans specific.

We have or had other cars at the Legendary Dealership which won other 24h races (not Le Mans)

Maybe you need one Le Mans winner, one Daytona winner and one Nürburgring rinner?

There are two possibilities on how to treat the 917K '70 and XJR-9 '88. They won both Le Mans and Daytona, but according to their liveries, 917K is a Daytona winner and XJR-9 is a Le Mans winner.

If the livery is important (917K is a Daytona winner, not a Le Mans winner), we have the following options;

1. Any 3 Le Mans winners: We've got only two Le Mans winners, Mark IV and C9, so we need either 787B or XJR-9 or F1 GTR.
  2. Specific 3 Le Mans winners: Same as above, but we don't know what's the right combination among the possible 5C3 options.
  3. Specific 3 winners (either Le Mans or Daytona): We've got three winners, Mark IV + C9 for Le Mans and 917K for Daytona, but we didn't get the trophy. So at least 1 of them is wrong. In this case, C9 is the most likely wrong one. We need another winner, probably either 787B or XJR-9 or F1 GTR or 330 P4.
  4. Mark IV + 330 P4 + XJ13 (GT5 trophy): We still don't have 330 P4, so this hasn't been completely debunked yet.

If the livery is not important (917K/XJR-9 has the double crowns), then we have the following options;

1. Specific 3 Le Mans winners: 917K + Mark IV + something (787B or XJR-9 or F1 GTR). This something has to be significantly more important than C9. I don't think any one of them has the 917K or 962C like importance, but if I have to pick one, 787B (because in this case, it's one for each region America / Europe / Asia, but no other car could do that. Also, this is the only rotary Le Mans winner and the first Japanese winner and had been only Asian winner before TS050).
  2. Mark IV + 330 P4 + XJ13 (GT5 trophy): We still don't have 330 P4, so this hasn't been completely debunked yet.
  3. 917K + 330 P4 + XJR-9: All Daytona winner combo, but Daytona is not exactly as prestigious as Le Mans, so low probability option.
  4. Any 3 option was debunked by 917K + C9 + Mark IV

There are other options as well (such as less prestigious 24 hour race winners, like Nürburgring 24 Hours or Spa 24 Hours, or much less important class winners, etc), but these are pretty much it. However, out of those options, Specific 3 Le Mans winners + livery is not important or Specific 3 winners (either Le Mans or Daytona) + livery is important are the only conditions that are compatible with the following descriptions (which is extremely suspicious).

• 917K: making it one of the most significant models in motorsports history.
  • Mark IV: because of these facts that the Ford Mark IV has a special place in motorsport history.

I'd say among the potential candidates (787B, XJR-9, F1 GTR, 330 P4), if there is any car with the similar description (talking about significance in motorsports history), then that has to be one of the correct cars.

Edited by Wendenhorn
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Wendenhorn said:

I did that on the first page, though I'm not a Japanese native speaker. I'd translate like this;

Sorry, didn't look at the first page somehow!

Well yeah, that doesn't help because the XJ-13 was definitely born to win Le Mans (it just didn't).

Edited by PhiphyL

1 hour ago, Dadu_Westside said:

I will continue to buy everything that might fit the description.

I'm running an AFK script to make money shared by another user here (Septomor) in this thread so there's literally no efforts required from me besides checking what's new in the Legendary Dealership whenever there's a new car coming in.

I'm not proud of "cheating" with a script to make money, but let's just say it's kind of my own crusade against MTX lol. Plus, since it's a 100% AFK script, I'm actually taking a break from gaming and catching up on movies/TV shows/family time/work despite my PS5 running 24/7 :)

Very good idea. This will be my answer to PD regarding the nerfs of winning pricemoney. Guess I will use this method too. If I can can make it work I guess ?

• Like 3

I actually wonder whether you need to have three cars from the same category for the trophy to pop? For example, 787B, XJR-9 and C9 are Group C Prototypes and have won the Le Mans 24hr race. So it's no good having two of them and one 24hr winner from another category.

• Like 1

The cynic in me thinks it's 3 LeMans cars and PD changed the trophy description at the last minute to 24hrs winners just to make it more difficult. And put in a load of 12-20m credit cars that are not LeMans winners to trick people into MTX. And they've sort of covered themselves by making the actual LeMans winning cars somewhat low priced (4.6m and 3m).  They probably wouldnt design a trophy for purchasing 3 cars that would come to a combined 30-50m credits, because the press they'd get from a trophy that would cost £400 in real money MTX to achieve, or 75 hours of pure grinding, would be really bad publicity. 

9 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

Description says that cars that were once DESTINED to win LeMans, not actually won. 

I dont understand why some people keep saying this.

Destined to win = win. There's no ambiguity there. And it's translated from Japanese anyway so it's even more obvious that the cars have to have won. Not just competed, or been 'designed to compete'.

Edited by Hobzy
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Hobzy said:

And it's translated from Japanese anyway so it's even more obvious that the cars have to have won. Not just competed, or been 'designed to compete'.

Well no, the Japanese says they were "born to win". Can be interpreted as "designed to win". Like the Jag.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PhiphyL said:

Well no, the Japanese says they were "born to win". Can be interpreted as "designed to win". Like the Jag.

The Jag wasn't destined to win or born to win, because it did not win. It didn't even compete. 

If a car didn't win LeMans, then it was not born to win LeMans.

Now if it just said 'designed to win'. Then we might have a problem.

Edited by Hobzy

Is it possible that the 917K doesn't count because it won, but doesn't have the #LeMans or any of the other. I know the Jag had #LeMans but it didn't win. Could be that PD fucked up with the tags on the Porsche in combination with the win requirement.

13 minutes ago, DutchJordi said:

Is it possible that the 917K doesn't count because it won, but doesn't have the #LeMans or any of the other. I know the Jag had #LeMans but it didn't win. Could be that PD fucked up with the tags on the Porsche in combination with the win requirement.

It doesnt have #lemans because it isnt the version of the car that raced in LeMans, it's the Daytona version.

At least, that's going on the cars livery and number and giving PD at least enough credit to not have just fucked up all the tags.

That's why I think the cars that will count in the end will be LeMans winners and have the LeMans tag.  So the Mark IV and the Sauber will count (I hope). And the trophy will be eventually achievable the next time they put a LeMans winning car in, with a LeMans tag, and probably priced similarly to the other two.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hobzy said:

It doesnt have #lemans because it isnt the version of the car that raced in LeMans, it's the Daytona version.

At least, that's going on the cars livery and number and giving PD at least enough credit to not have just fucked up all the tags.

That's why I think the cars that will count in the end will be LeMans winners and have the LeMans tag.  So the Mark IV and the Sauber will count (I hope). And the trophy will be eventually achievable the next time they put a LeMans winning car in, with a LeMans tag, and probably priced similarly to the other two.

But that would confirm that the trophy description is misleading. So it's either, 917K is bugged or trophy description should say Le Mans only.

3 hours ago, RapiDuS said:

That is what I believe as well... not supporting PS5 trophy tracker is on purpose. 

It does not make sense that such an exclusive game (maybe the number one and most important Sony exclusive) does not support one of the basic PS5 features.  

POWGI Game has this feature this is what it make me laugh so loud, obviously is done in purpose, money money money ! for those who's whaling into MTX's 

3 minutes ago, KingOfGold said:

We are super cynical to think they did it on purpose haha, do you really think that the PD team gathered at a meeting table to talk about this ?

"Ok so let's not activate the tracker so that trophy hunters are forced to use MTX's". I think it's a bit exaggerated haha. Most players don't play for the trophies in my opinion. 

That being said, I just love reading this forum thread every evening and thinking about all the theories, I have also learnt interesting facts about historical legendary cars, and this wouldn't have happened if Polyphony Digital just told us which cars we should be waiting for :D 

but we got a credit reduction on the best race and fews cheap game has it and it's supposed to be the top racing game of Sony, it's like shooting his-self in the foot in my opinion !

• Like 2