Three Legendary Cars trophy [Ford Mark IV Race Car, Jaguar XJ13, and Ferrari 330 P4 '67]

MWYSONG23

10 minutes ago, Sakumiashi said:

but we got a credit reduction on the best race and fews cheap game has it and it's supposed to be the top racing game of Sony, it's like shooting his-self in the foot in my opinion !

I agree with your statement that this was a shame, I am just trying to find the pros of the story ;)

I also think that you shouldn't have to spend -with the most efficient techniques - more than 20h for a single ultra rare car (bravo to everyone who did it though). At the same time there is a terrible lack of content to farm credits with championships, even if it should be added in the near future. (Investing your time to get great cars has always been the GT DNA imo..., but yeah Sony has been quite vicious on that one)

Notably they also reduced the final cr reward after you finish the café, from one million to 500k at the roulette :/ That is such a shame from Sony. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfGold said:

I agree with your statement that this was a shame, I am just trying to find the pros of the story ;)

I also think that you shouldn't have to spend -with the most efficient techniques - more than 20h for a single ultra rare car (bravo to everyone who did it though). At the same time there is a terrible lack of content to farm credits with championships, even if it should be added in the near future. (Investing your time to get great cars has always been the GT DNA imo..., but yeah Sony has been quite vicious on that one)

Notably they also reduced the final cr reward after you finish the café, from one million to 500k at the roulette :/ That is such a shame from Sony. 

no for sure we've both right on that, just it's a way to get out money for the most impatient of us lol

15 minutes ago, KingOfGold said:

They seem to have nerfed all the credit payouts for roulette spins, I guess they think the way to make up for a lack of content is to make you play twice as much for the same rewards.

I'm betting there are Polyphony developers having a lot of fun reading the thread as we all try to figure it out - "Oh they're so close to figuring it out, but they're not quite there yet! I have an idea, let's just wait another month and push out all 3 cars on the same day, tehehehe!" xD 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

I'm betting there are Polyphony developers having a lot of fun reading the thread as we all try to figure it out

Big studio devs barely have time to see their families this days, doubt they spend a lot of time on internet forums.

Their corporate overlords on the other hand...

yes-scheming.gif

52 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

"Oh they're so close to figuring it out, but they're not quite there yet! I have an idea, let's just wait another month and push out all 3 cars on the same day, tehehehe!"

This thread will be 1600 pages by then, some people will have spent the entirety of their kids college savings on mtx, and others will have their consoles melted from all the afk grinding.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Hobzy said:

I dont think it's even cynical at this point.

Why have a trophy to collect 3 cars and not specify the cars? -> More mtx

Why turn off trophy progress so you cant even tell if you have the right car after buying one? -> More mtx

Why nerf event payouts? -> More mtx

Why put only a few cars on at a time? -> More mtx

Why time limit the cars and create fomo? -> More mtx

There is literally no other reason for most of these than to try and force more mtx. None of it is a coincidence or by accident. 

The answer is money to all the questions ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hobzy said:

I dont think it's even cynical at this point.

Why have a trophy to collect 3 cars and not specify the cars? -> More mtx

Why turn off trophy progress so you cant even tell if you have the right car after buying one? -> More mtx

Why nerf event payouts? -> More mtx

Why put only a few cars on at a time? -> More mtx

Why time limit the cars and create fomo? -> More mtx

There is literally no other reason for most of these than to try and force more mtx. None of it is a coincidence or by accident. 

Why have a trophy that can only be had weeks/months after the game came out? So that trophy hunters don't sell their game too early after getting the Plat, so that there are fewer used copies to buy and people buy the game new or digital.

19 minutes ago, PhiphyL said:

Why have a trophy that can only be had weeks/months after the game came out? So that trophy hunters don't sell their game too early after getting the Plat, so that there are fewer used copies to buy and people buy the game new or digital.

Trophy Hunters are a very small group, they don't care about us. Not only PD, it goes with almost all corpos. Also, with that MTX forcing patch, many of my friends sold their games and will wait when it will go for around 10$. So whatever PD has done, it's working completely otherwise. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PhiphyL said:

In addition to that, game developers are also interested in extending the gamers database for as long as possible. They want as many players as they can for as long as possible. So, it's not only for the money through mtx per se, but having players play their game for twice as long by nerfing prizes. 

Edited by karpathoulas667

At this point it is very likely that the trophy is bugged. There are a number of trophies bugged at the moment. For example the "Toughening Up", "Wheely good fun" and even "In-Depth Mastery" where you supposed to play 50 Sport races but I got it somehow with less than 20. Had 46 Races on my profile, done one race in Sport mode with 5 laps and got the trophy.

I think some trophies in this game are bugged and made even this one. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, playmrsic said:

At this point it is very likely that the trophy is bugged. There are a number of trophies bugged at the moment. For example the "Toughening Up", "Wheely good fun" and even "In-Depth Mastery" where you supposed to play 50 Sport races but I got it somehow with less than 20. Had 46 Races on my profile, done one race in Sport mode with 5 laps and got the trophy.

I think some trophies in this game are bugged and made even this one. 

We can 100% confirm it is after we've had a third 24 hour winner that has the #LeMans. We've only had 2 so far. I know the 917K thats in the game won Daytona. But my guess is that the trophy description is misleading, not necessarily bugged.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ViioZero said:

So today i talked to Playstation DACH about the trophy if they could get more information about the trophy and what cars are necessary to unlock the trophy. They answered the following: "Hey, we'll try to get the informations about the trophy and get in touch with you as soon as we know more about it. This might take a few days". 

So as soon as I know more about the cars needed I'll Tell you guys about it. So no more stuff about "does this Car count or nah" is needed and we all can sleep way better. Cross fingers they'll get the information everyone is waiting for. 

Stay save guys and happy trophy hunting! Cheers! 1f3ae.png

Thanks for reaching out. Hopefully they can tell us what the cars required are.

From an objective and literal reading of the trophy: "Acquired three legendary race cars that were once destined to win 24 hour races"  it looks the description is false or its bugged as we've had the Ford GT40 Mark IV which won 1967 Le Man; Sauber Mercedes C9 which won 1989 Le Man and the Porsche 917K which won the 1971 Le Man. Three 24 hour race winners, all from the legendary dealer and yet people with all three report no unlock.

Just now, AxillarySloth53 said:

From an objective and literal reading of the trophy

I think the problem with this approach is that the translations into various languages give rise to different interpretations. There are a whole bunch of near-synonyms to 'destined' that seem to be popping up in the Japanese, Dutch, German etc descriptions that cloud the literal reading of the trophy.

I hope for the sake of the sanity of everyone in this thread that the trophy is not bugged and is unlocked soon (then you can all go back to enjoying the game instead of grinding non-stop for credits). 

30 minutes ago, AxillarySloth53 said:

Thanks for reaching out. Hopefully they can tell us what the cars required are.

From an objective and literal reading of the trophy: "Acquired three legendary race cars that were once destined to win 24 hour races"  it looks the description is false or its bugged as we've had the Ford GT40 Mark IV which won 1967 Le Man; Sauber Mercedes C9 which won 1989 Le Man and the Porsche 917K which won the 1971 Le Man. Three 24 hour race winners, all from the legendary dealer and yet people with all three report no unlock.

The 917 in the game is the one used in Daytona 1970. Not the le mans winner of either 1970 or 1971. Its still weird since this version won the 24h of daytona. But it could be that only Le Mans or Nürburgring winners count. But that is not really specified. All we can hope is a specific Le Mans winning car to finish the requirement.

Edited by DutchJordi

5 minutes ago, SnowblindSenpai said:

Once we all figure out how to get this damn trophy this shits getting uninstalled so fast. I have never once regretted buying a game, until GT7. Nice $80 down the drain, v cool thank u GT.

I've got to agree, all these reduced payouts and ridiculous prices has left a sour taste. Not to mention there's not even any new cars to even bother grinding for.

I find myself getting annoyed that I'm playing it and after these three legendary cars I'm out.

• Like 1

Maybe we'll know tonight, the 500 Mondial is sold out, so there's a new car coming in. I have 20m in the bank so I'm ready for whatever.

If not tonight, the next car to be replaced will be the C9 in 3 days (maybe 4?). I think it's available to buy for 3 more days + 1 day sold out but I'm not 100% sure. It might be 2 more days to buy + 1 day sold out. 

I'm usually a patient man but I want GT7 as a platinum trophy count milestone on my profile, so the longer this takes the more annoyed I am lol.

• Like 1