Three Legendary Cars trophy [Ford Mark IV Race Car, Jaguar XJ13, and Ferrari 330 P4 '67]

MWYSONG23

9 minutes ago, BaneRises314 said:

Is anyone having luck gettin in touch with PD regarding this trophy? This is getting ridiculous a month in and no one will have the platinum but worse we still don’t know exactly pops this

Be patient. I am sure that if the right car is in the legend dealership it will be clear that it is the right one, as it was with the Sauber Mercedes C9. The description will make it clear.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zskins26 said:

I can understand this sentiment, but... there is kind of a certain charm to this whole scenario, you know?

Like things have gotten so regimented and efficient that in 90% of games that come out all the trophies have been earned by a lot of people within 72 hours of launch. Or if they're grinds they may not be earned, but they have been figured out.

But now we're here almost a month later passing theories back and forth trying to figure things out. How often do we get to do something like this? It's kind of fun. We'll figure out the 3 cars eventually and then it'll all be over and mystery solved. I'll miss all this a little.

I totally agree, this is a community trophy. It is like one of the old things back in the day, help me discover what this mystery item used to be. Most were solved, but there is one that still lingers I believe that never was. Every one had ideas or theories to pursue and it was a group feeling of accomplishment when these were solved. 

• Like 1

I understand the appeal of the mystery, but this isnt CSI ?

When we do pop it it will be yet another corny car as the trophy icon.

Reveal the list. PD or we storm the PD offices with mufflers in hand!

I still maintain that whoever thought of this trophy is a true dickhead.

Most of this list blows chunks. I bet the genius creator doesn't even wash their ass 10 times in a week lol ?

Edited by TheGoaler
Spelling
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Quetschboy said:

And I say this 3 cars cannot be bought. They will be rewards from the upcoming endurance races.

I just don't know if this is allowed by Sony's trophy rules. I've never heard of a trophy which wasn't obtainable because the content required for this trophy wasn't available until over a month after the game's launch. It's like having an online game with season 1 trophies in the main trophy list, even though season 1 isn't coming out until later.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Asimb0mb said:

I just don't know if this is allowed by Sony's trophy rules. I've never heard of a trophy which wasn't obtainable because the content required for this trophy wasn't available until over a month after the game's launch. It's like having an online game with season 1 trophies in the main trophy list, even though season 1 isn't coming out until later.

How is it different to the more common suggestion that we have to wait X weeks for the car to come into rotation?

1 hour ago, Asimb0mb said:

RDR2 had online trophies in the release, and the RDR Online came out like 5 months later.

Also there are a lot of games with unnobtanaible trophies at launch that still are unnobtainable, sony does not give a shit.

Edited by Steven-Spiegel
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Quetschboy said:

And I say this 3 cars cannot be bought. They will be rewards from the upcoming endurance races.

Well, that's pretty unlikely. The base game is sold with a set of trophies and each trophy can and should be unlockable in the base game, not through DLC or a patch (at least without any trophies glitched in). All games come with a base trophy set and sometimes new trophy sets are added with DLC. But they are independent.

1 hour ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

RDR2 had online trophies in the release, and the RDR Online came out like 5 months later.

Also there are a lot of games with unnobtanaible trophies at launch that still are unnobtainable, sony does not give a shit.

Wrong lol

A quick google search will tell you that RDO was released in November 2018, which is, a month after RDRII was released, and that it had been delayed on top of that.

And wrong again, there aren't "a lot of games" with inaccessible trophies at release. In fact, it's pretty rare.
I have 250 plats,10K+ trophies and near 400 games, I know my stuff lol.

Edited by ArkoDark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ManiaWP said:

How is it different to the more common suggestion that we have to wait X weeks for the car to come into rotation?

Well, it fits perfectly with Polyphony's MTX policy.
It doesn't take a genius to see that every part of the game has been designed to push players towards MTX and this trophy too, unfortunately.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ArkoDark said:

Well, it fits perfectly with Polyphony's MTX policy.
It doesn't take a genius to see that every part of the game has been designed to push players towards MTX and this trophy too, unfortunately.

Don’t need microstations when you’ve got an amazing AFK method for farming ?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, ArkoDark said:

Well, that's pretty unlikely. The base game is sold with a set of trophies and each trophy can and should be unlockable in the base game, not through DLC or a patch (...)

This is an always online service. Online trophies are always dependent on eventual patches to be achievable.

I don't see a great difference between the cars availability relying on an online store update or a patch with new events. Either way, it will require external activation.

49 minutes ago, ArkoDark said:

I have 250 plats,10K+ trophies and near 400 games, I know my stuff lol.

You have trophies!?!? Sacrebleu! ?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, DR-INSANE95 said:

Today it is the Mercedes 300 SL, that won the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1952. In 1952, seven years after the end of WW2 and three years after the resumption of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, Mercedes scored a superb double and the first win for the German manufacturer in La Sarthe.14 Dec 2012

No, that car didn't win Le Mans. It's a coupe version based on a car that won Le Mans. Totally different.

It's more than obvious all the cars that will count for this trophy will be the actual Le Mans winners (possibly still a Daytona/Spa/Nurburgring 24hr winner but with the 917k looking very unlikely). 

That means, like the Sauber C9, it will have the identical livery and the number of the winning car.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Asimb0mb said:

I just don't know if this is allowed by Sony's trophy rules. I've never heard of a trophy which wasn't obtainable because the content required for this trophy wasn't available until over a month after the game's launch.

It is permitted as long as the core mode exists. One example, I bought NBA 2K21 at launch in Sept 2020 and that included trophies requiring content that was always planned to roll out in July 2021/after the NBA season was over. (if you look you will see the first platinum was obtained 10 months after release).

• Like 4

16 hours ago, TheGoaler said:

I understand the appeal of the mystery, but this isnt CSI ?

When we do pop it it will be yet another corny car as the trophy icon.

Reveal the list. PD or we storm the PD offices with mufflers in hand!

I still maintain that whoever thought of this trophy is a true dickhead.

Most of this list blows chunks. I bet the genius creator doesn't even wash their ass 10 times in a week lol ?

Yea I see the part about it not being CSI. Like in a game like Elden Ring there are mysteries to be discovered, but the answers are on the disc and it's up to the community to find them. Here, no matter how hard we look we're (probably?) locked waiting for the Legendary shop update.

Even still, being a month out and still having no idea who's going to be first to pop the plat is exciting!

• Like 2