Three Legendary Cars trophy [Ford Mark IV Race Car, Jaguar XJ13, and Ferrari 330 P4 '67]

MWYSONG23

1 hour ago, CaptHowdy_84 said:

I agree with you. The trophy description says "acquired" while it uses the word "bought" when you have to buy a truck or other stuff. "acquire" is also used for "acquired rain license" and again is not something you can buy but is a reward for completing challenges. My opinion. 

if you look near a car when you go to buy one it also has a greyed out box that turns blue an states " acquired " once brought. I don't think they would make 3 cars just for the endurance races. I do think though that the cars could be anywhere between the timeline of 1929-1980 in the car collection section. 

15 minutes ago, WontFindMeNoSir said:

so this new one doesnt count?

It's never won a 24 hour race so veeery unlikely.

This particular one raced in lemans 24hr but retired with engine problems.

Edited by Hobzy
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Probably this for most people only going for the trophies:

Thanks, will give this a go. Does this work on the ps4?

3 hours ago, LombaxeI said:

New car : CLK-LM but don't buy it. it doesn't win LeMans

Can anyone with both of the other cars confirm this? Don't particularly want to waste 6mil credits as I've only got the sauber so I won't know even if this is one of the cars.

33 minutes ago, TheGreaterMoose said:

Can anyone with both of the other cars confirm this? Don't particularly want to waste 6mil credits as I've only got the sauber so I won't know even if this is one of the cars.

If this is indeed the one of the threes, numbers of platinum trophies should have start popping.

• Like 2

I brought the mercedes CLK GT1 98 that is in the store right now. Quoting the long paragraph from the car collection below. 

"Replacing the heavy V12 with a V8, this was the race car that dominated the FIA GT competition. The CLK did not finish the le mans but susequently became the FIA GT championship works machine. As a result the GTR and LM won 10/10 races, a perfect victory. The team of Klaus Ludwig and Ricardo Zonta produced 5 wins! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheGreaterMoose said:

So they brought out a new 24h Le mans car, the final one needed for some players. But it costs 6.25 million credits and will reset in a week. What are your guys best methods for getting credits? Most people don't want to have to buy a credit pack.

It's not the final one that is needed.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, DR-INSANE95 said:

I brought the mercedes CLK GT1 98 that is in the store right now. Quoting the long paragraph from the car collection below. 

"Replacing the heavy V12 with a V8, this was the race car that dominated the FIA GT competition. The CLK did not finish the le mans but susequently became the FIA GT championship works machine. As a result the GTR and LM won 10/10 races, a perfect victory. The team of Klaus Ludwig and Ricardo Zonta produced 5 wins! 

I got too excited that I saw it and read that it was unbeatable that I just spent the 6 million on it. 

I should've looked on here and then read on the wiki that "Debuting at the 1998 season of Le Mans, the two CLK LMs entered were immediately quick. The two car team took the pole, ahead of custom built open cockpit Le Mans prototypes. However, AMG's belief of the M119LH engine's reliability and capability was proven wrong as both cars suffered engine failures within the first few hours of the race, leaving Mercedes-Benz dejected."

I still wonder if "destined to win" would include this car as it looked like it would've won and thus destined to win it.

4 minutes ago, LexusRacer said:

I got too excited that I saw it and read that it was unbeatable that I just spent the 6 million on it. 

I should've looked on here and then read on the wiki that "Debuting at the 1998 season of Le Mans, the two CLK LMs entered were immediately quick. The two car team took the pole, ahead of custom built open cockpit Le Mans prototypes. However, AMG's belief of the M119LH engine's reliability and capability was proven wrong as both cars suffered engine failures within the first few hours of the race, leaving Mercedes-Benz dejected."

I still wonder if "destined to win" would include this car as it looked like it would've won and thus destined to win it.

it participated and could of won but due to engine failure didn't get a chance to win. so it was destined to win but failed because of a fault and had to retire the 24 hours le mans race. I would say this one counts in my opinion. 

8 minutes ago, DR-INSANE95 said:

it participated and could of won but due to engine failure didn't get a chance to win. so it was destined to win but failed because of a fault and had to retire the 24 hours le mans race. I would say this one counts in my opinion. 

It definitely should count but probably does not

13 minutes ago, ManiaWP said:

Just to let you know: it's confirmed that some of the menu books were removed prior to launch.

The menu books for acquiring cars came in sets of 3, remember.

So let's take a chill pill and wait for an endurance update!

I'm convinced it's a menu. I always found it odd that it ended at Menu No.39.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Anke said:

I always found it odd that it ended at Menu No.39.

Yeah. That odd number is totally ruining my feng shui.

19 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

I will just use the AFK method to grind more credits tonight

Do it while you can. The way things are going in eastern Europe, electricity might soon be more expensive than GT7 Credit Packs.

• Like 2

"Destined to win" implies to me that it was going to win no matter what. If it broke down during the race and didn't end up winning, then clearly its destiny was not to win but to fail during the race.

Anyway, I think you shouldn't read too much into it. The Dutch description says "acquired 3 legendary cars which were created to win 24 hours races". That could mean anything, because most cars are created to win (otherwise they wouldn't compete) and also the word "acquire" does imply you don't necessarily need to buy them, which solidly supports the theory that these are cars we will win in races at some point.

• Like 2

I also think new menu will show up with those 3 cars. There were more than 3 cars that won LeMans and still no trophies. Also, if they wanted us to buy, they would state that in trophy description, like with Safety Car or Electric. Here it says acquire, so who knows what they had in mind. 

53 minuti fa, Patrickosan ha detto:

Penso anche che il nuovo menu apparirà con quelle 3 auto. C'erano più di 3 auto che hanno vinto LeMans e ancora nessun trofeo. Inoltre, se volessero che comprassimo, lo direbbero nella descrizione del trofeo, come con Safety Car o Electric. Qui dice acquisire, quindi chissà cosa avevano in mente.

I think you're right

1 hour ago, Patrickosan said:

I also think new menu will show up with those 3 cars. There were more than 3 cars that won LeMans and still no trophies. Also, if they wanted us to buy, they would state that in trophy description, like with Safety Car or Electric. Here it says acquire, so who knows what they had in mind. 

But those 3 cars should be in the game anyway. I think it was indeed the intention for us to earn 3 cars via a menu, but scrapped the menu. But as for all the other car collection menus you just could buy the cars from brand central. So buying 3 eligible cars should pop the trophy. Only fear is that it'll have to be the cars that were intended to be in the menu.

52 minutes ago, DutchJordi said:

But those 3 cars should be in the game anyway. I think it was indeed the intention for us to earn 3 cars via a menu, but scrapped the menu. But as for all the other car collection menus you just could buy the cars from brand central. So buying 3 eligible cars should pop the trophy. Only fear is that it'll have to be the cars that were intended to be in the menu.

the trophy will be for completing the menu book when it comes