Three Legendary Cars trophy [Ford Mark IV Race Car, Jaguar XJ13, and Ferrari 330 P4 '67]

MWYSONG23

Someone streamed the update on youtube 10 days ago, I think personally the dev was teasing us here by letting us know by their " theory " of the 3 cars coming soon.

Also my own personal update. I brought the 3 Ford GTs that seemed to of appeared an still no trophy. all of them claimed to of dominated the le mans and other races around the world. they also claimed to of been purposely built for racing at le mans. we'll just have to wait now. 

The modern day Ford GT are GTP/GTE cars, not LMP, so, they shouldn't count at all, only the Mk I, Mk II and Mk IV won the race.

Also, if it's true that we are just looking for the overall winners (feels logical), then the list isn't that big.

Still, not sure about the livery needing to actually be the same as the one of the actual winner car, but Road cars should be automatically excluded.

Overall winners:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_24_Hours_of_Le_Mans_winners

As far as I'm aware the Chaparral 2J never run in Le Mans, only in the Can-Am series.

Don't expect that all the cars with the #LeMans tag count, since only a handful of those actually won overall, and even less are remotely legendary..

I think that the other thread has what I would call a realistic list of cars that qualify for the trophy. But keep in mind that the actual number of the car may need to match with the winner too, and not just the Year/Model..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

The modern day Ford GT are GTP/GTE cars, not LMP, so, they shouldn't count at all, only the Mk I, Mk II and Mk IV won the race.

Also, if it's true that we are just looking for the overall winners (feels logical), then the list isn't that big.

Still, not sure about the livery needing to actually be the same as the one of the actual winner car, but Road cars should be automatically excluded.

Overall winners:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_24_Hours_of_Le_Mans_winners

As far as I'm aware the Chaparral 2J never run in Le Mans, only in the Can-Am series.

Don't expect that all the cars with the #LeMans tag count, since only a handful of those actually won overall, and even less are remotely legendary..

I think that the other thread has what I would call a realistic list of cars that qualify for the trophy. But keep in mind that the actual number of the car may need to match with the winner too, and not just the Year/Model..

That's the thing though. it states 24 hour races. that could be any 24 hour race event, not just le mans itself. There was pikes peak championship, GT500, Le mans and Nurburg 24. Pikes peak would include rally cars though mostly. I found that list you linked ages ago also but I don't even think we should follow that as most cars was brought from it already that claimed to of won. The trophy is either bugged or we're awaiting another menu book. 

1 hour ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Do we actually know if the other 2 cars are the right ones? Ive heard loads saying they have bought 3 cars with le mans attached to them and no trophy. Also games have roadmaps of future dlc so they might have tested it back then.

All i would say is dont waste your credits just yet.

Everythings speculation yet as no one 100 percent knows yet

We've only had 2 Le Mans winners with the #LeMans. Mercedes C9 and Ford MK IV.

The Mazda 787B and the Jaguar XJR-9 have the highest probability of being eligible to unlock the trophy right now.

I know it's all speculation. But this is the best we got at the moment.

Edited by DutchJordi
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Do we actually know if the other 2 cars are the right ones? Ive heard loads saying they have bought 3 cars with le mans attached to them and no trophy. Also games have roadmaps of future dlc so they might have tested it back then.

All i would say is dont waste your credits just yet.

Everythings speculation yet as no one 100 percent knows yet

We only have 2 Le Mans winner legendary cars with the correct type/version, livery/number and LeMans hashtag. IMO: Until we don't have a third one, I think, people just overthinking this.

Edited by SiC
  • Like 4

Just now, SiC said:

We only have 2 Le Mans winner legendary cars with the correct type/verison, livery/number and LeMans hashtag. IMO: Until we don't have a third one, I thonk, people are overthinking this.

Me too, why already go with a new theory when the current hasn't even been disproven.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DR-INSANE95 said:

That's the thing though. it states 24 hour races. that could be any 24 hour race event, not just le mans itself. There was pikes peak championship, GT500, Le mans and Nurburg 24. Pikes peak would include rally cars though mostly. I found that list you linked ages ago also but I don't even think we should follow that as most cars was brought from it already that claimed to of won. The trophy is either bugged or we're awaiting another menu book. 

Because the Porsche917K '70 (No.2) doesn't count,it seems we can deny Daytona and maybe anything else too.

Edited by SiC

52 minutes ago, JD-D2 said:

"destined to win" fundamentally does not mean "won." "won" means "won." you can be "destined" to do something and not end up doing it for whatever reason. this trophy absolutely could refer to three cars that actually won 24 hour races, but it's a gray area based on all we know, because the description doesn't just say "buy three cars that won." just odd to me that folks are being so definitive about this. my guess is still that we're gonna see people pop it whenever PD drops the Ferrari 330 P4 in the legends dealership.

des·tined| ˈdestənd | adjective [predicative] (of a person's future) developing as though according to a plan: she could see that he was destined for great things | [with infinitive] :  they were destined to become diplomats. • (destined to) certain to meet (a particular fate): she was destined to become a life-long friend.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Zskins26 said:

Three new cars and not one of them helps gosh darn you Kaz!

And worse getting 3 in one day means we'll have ages before any of them leave the store. Going to be getting max 2 new cars in the store over the next 6 days.

• Like 1

Well to save everyone from doing them. GOLD in all Missions doesn't net you the trophy either. I would buy the DB3S though as it did feature in the 24 hour race meaning it was destined to win. just like every other car on the track there. but just because it's destiny is to win it doesn't mean it will go that way. What's the bet we brought all the cars already an just like them dirt tyres this trophy is bugged out. 

6 hours ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

des·tined| ˈdestənd | adjective [predicative] (of a person's future) developing as though according to a plan: she could see that he was destined for great things | [with infinitive] :  they were destined to become diplomats. • (destined to) certain to meet (a particular fate): she was destined to become a life-long friend.

You can be destined for something, but not becoming it, because of circumstances :) 

To be destined for greatness, but not living up to your potential. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the trophy doesn't exclusively mean cars that WON. It could be cars that everyone expected to win, but didn't. To not even entertain that thought, is crazy to me :) 

• Like 2