Three Legendary Cars trophy [Ford Mark IV Race Car, Jaguar XJ13, and Ferrari 330 P4 '67]

MWYSONG23

1 hour ago, seblegamer said:

A rocket can be destined to go to the moon, but just blow up at launch and ... do nothing :dunno:

Then it was never destined in the first place.

Some people seem to see the word destined and think it means "designed for" or "supposed to", when it doesnt. There's no ambiguity in the word. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Hobzy said:

Some people seem to see the word destined and think it means "designed for" or "supposed to", when it doesnt. There's no ambiguity in the word. 

You're wrong. It being a destiny does not mean it happens.

The word is past tense, before the event is completed.

Edited by ManiaWP
  • Like 1

Destined to win means it has to happen. If it doesnt happen then it wasnt its destiny.

I've also played enough Japanese designed gacha games to know better than to get wrapped up in the wording. The cars will be whatever they want them to be.

Let's get that next car that checks all the boxes: LeMans hashtag. In the Legends shop. Has the year, number and livery and won the race that year.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Hobzy said:

And worse getting 3 in one day means we'll have ages before any of them leave the store. Going to be getting max 2 new cars in the store over the next 6 days.

Not minding that actually. Gives some more time to get more credits. :-)

4 hours ago, ellileon said:

He definitely hacked the trophy because he got the trophys for storing 50 and 100 Cars at the same time then this. But he didn't got the trophy for reaching the first menu ;)

I don’t think it’s hacked, go watch the Jimmy Fallon playthrough on YouTube. There’s a promotional build Sony marketing teams have which has more races (Gr. 1, Hypercars etc) and a shed load of cars unlocked in the garage.

It would likely pop those trophies simultaneously buying a car or accessing the garage for the first time. (Any earlier trophies are likely earned in the Music Rally as the game/updates were downloading).

At launch the trophy was 0.1% rarity on PSN (rather than 0.0% here). There’s likely dozens of accounts with this trophy from those promotional/testing builds Sony have but that’s the only account registered here.

Edited by Tsundokuist

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to realise that the account with the trophy unlocked is not hacked. Looking at the name of the account and the trophies they do have it's clearly someone on dev-side testing something, and they've somehow been synced on here

• Like 2

The three cars are going to be rewards for winning three different 24 hour endurance races, I'd be willing to bet on it.

Looking forward to it honestly so I hope that's what it is, let's find out who's truly dedicated and willing to put that kind of time into this game for one trophy.

Edited by AusLeviathan

2 hours ago, Hobzy said:

OK, but if Ford for example makes a new car and say "This car is destined to win Le Mans the following years", this can't be said based on your argument. But it can be said, right? I mean you are correct for the meaning afterwards, but can't the word "destined" be used for the future too? I mean, the manufaructer of every car can say "my car is destined to win this race" at the time the car was made. The result can't be foreseen the time the statement was made. And the description of the trophy doesn't clarify this.

Edited by karpathoulas667
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, AusLeviathan said:

The three cars are going to be rewards for winning three different 24 hour endurance races, I'd be willing to bet on it.

Looking forward to it honestly so I hope that's what it is, let's find out who's truly dedicated and willing to put that kind of time into this game for one trophy.

Thank God this is a video game and I can put the system in rest mode I guess?

I'm really not trying to do 72 hours worth of continuous races man...

9 minutes ago, Zskins26 said:

If they wanted to be evil they could put a time limit on pausing the game before it resumes, like say 30 minutes, or maybe no pausing at all and the only breaks you get are when you go into the pit stop.

They want this game to be the real driving simulator, maybe they'll make it the real endurance race simulator to.

Edited by AusLeviathan

38 minutes ago, Zskins26 said:

They should handle it the same way they did GT4 or GT5 iirc, offer a save option in the race so that you can quit the game and resume at a later time.

3 hours ago, ManiaWP said:

You're wrong. It being a destiny does not mean it happens.

The word is past tense, before the event is completed.

The tense is irrelevant.

The definition is the definition, if you dont accept it then good for you.

1 hour ago, karpathoulas667 said:

OK, but if Ford for example makes a new car and say "This car is destined to win Le Mans the following years", this can't be said based on your argument. But it can be said, right? I mean you are correct for the meaning afterwards, but can't the word "destined" be used for the future too? I mean, the manufaructer of every car can say "my car is destined to win this race" at the time the car was made. The result can't be foreseen the time the statement was made. And the description of the trophy doesn't clarify this.

If Ford said they built a car destined to win a race, and it didn't win it, then they were wrong. At that point it failed to win it was no longer destined.

If they said they built a car designed to win a race and it didn't win it, then they'd still be right.

Edited by Hobzy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AusLeviathan said:

That could be a thing..

Spa 24h (Prototype/GT cars)

Ring 24h (GT cars)

Sarthe 24h (Prototype/GT cars)

Still, if they do this, better give us B-spec back.. (I already did both Ring and Sarthe 24 hours in a hardcore 200 A-spec points challenge on GT4, and not really feeling like doing it again.. well, I also don't have as much free time as when I did those challenges 18 years ago or something..).

Still for now I'm keeping an eye on stuff, but mainly waiting for the patch, I'm not grinding (even if AFK) credits before the 1.10 patch.. until that patch arrives, I will just do the daily marathon on the Pan-American championship tri-oval (3 races a day, total of 10 minutes that's it..).

its very amusing that some people in here are arguing with the dictionary that destined means something different  :facepalm:

its means certain. not supposed to be but didn't happen 

with that being said, its possible that the word itself could be an error/difference in translation (since different trophy lists in other languages used wording other than destined)

• Like 2