Three Legendary Cars trophy [Ford Mark IV Race Car, Jaguar XJ13, and Ferrari 330 P4 '67]

MWYSONG23

2 hours ago, Hobzy said:

The tense is irrelevant.

The definition is the definition, if you dont accept it then good for you.

If Ford said they built a car destined to win a race, and it didn't win it, then they were wrong. At that point it failed to win it was no longer destined.

If they said they built a car designed to win a race and it didn't win it, then they'd still be right.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see. You gotta admit, it will be extremely comical if you are wrong, and have been SO sure :D 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

Guess we'll just have to wait and see. You gotta admit, it will be extremely comical if you are wrong, and have been SO sure :D 

Well, they've been arguing from a objective standpoint. If PD have a different interpretation of "destined" it's not their fault for explaining a definition.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

I'm only sure about the definition of the word.  The trophy description is just a translation from Japanese to begin with so we cant say with certainty its even accurate.

Edited by Hobzy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hobzy said:

I'm only sure about the definition of the word.  The trophy description is just a translation from Japanese to begin with so we cant say with certainty its even accurate.

And thats exactly why i find it so funny that some people just refuse to even entertain the possibility that the trophy could be about cars that WERE destined to win, but failed.

it Will be exciting to see in the end ?

• Like 1

I'm sorry for causing a bit of a scuffle here lol, I think this thread shows how this trophy has driven us all a bit loopy. 

Disagreements over the use of "destined" in this context aside, my main thing a few pages back is just that I don't want people to potentially waste credits, since they still take a long time to accrue. For those who're willing to spend, though, great. The bottom line is that we won't know how the trophy is meant to be interpreted until someone pops the trophy.

Edited by JD-D2
  • Like 1

well look, the server maintenance tonight will probably bring a new patch and it is the update that they told us will happen after they fucked up, more cars in the legendary store and "hopefully" better rewards. and hopefully they release the legendary cars we all need for the trophy soon and under 10 mil

6 minutes ago, LordWikii said:

If this image is true perhaps we now have the last 2 cars needed for the trophy.screenshot_20220407-072802_twitter-jpg.1

I purchased the Mclaren and have every other car that's come up so far. no Trophy pop.
The 300 SL could be the way to go but I need some more credits

Edited by BrettzOr
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BrettzOr said:

I purchased the Mclaren and have every other car that's come up so far. no Trophy pop.
The 300 SL could be the way to go buy I need some more credits

That means we get a massive payout increase too then. I seen a leak where some cars are up for 91 mil. 

24 minutes ago, JasonHickman1985 said:

I bought both the 300SL 52 and the McLaren F1 race car no trophy. Either it's bugged or its very vague on the description because we should have it by now.

Check out the Ferrari 365. that won 24 hour races too. I only need the w194 an the f1 gtr to see if the trophy pops. I have every other car at the moment. 

• Like 1

The 300SL 52 won Le mans but don't have the hashtag #lemans

The McLaren F1 have #Lemans but never won, they give up in the middle of the race.

I think of something :

- maybe we have to buy 3 cars that won 3 different 24h races : one car that won the nurbugring, one that won Le Mans, and another one that won Daytona for example

The trophy is not very clear. And i think nobody had the opportunity to test that 

So far i bought :

- Sauber Mercedes C9 '89 (won le mans and have the #LeMans hashtag)

- Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71 (won Daytona three times)

- ??? maybe another that won Nur for example ?

Edited by Ashesheart
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ashesheart said:

The 300SL 52 won Le mans but don't have the hashtag #lemans

The McLaren F1 have #Lemans but never won, they give up in the middle of the race.

I think of something :

- maybe we have to buy 3 cars that won 3 different 24h races : one car that won the nurbugring, one that won Le Mans, and another one that won Daytona for example

The trophy is not very clear. And i think nobody had the opportunity to test that 

So far i bought :

- Sauber Mercedes C9 '89 (won le mans and have the #LeMans hashtag)

- Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71 (won Daytona three times)

- ??? maybe another that won Nur for example ?

5 minutes ago, xHarry998 said:

The new endurance missions gift a car if all completed - this could potentially gift us the final 2 cars we need (one for gold and one for bronze) - can someone confirm the gift cars for these missions once completed?

I have all of the others in GOLD. il set this as my task now. will confirm it soon enough. 

Edited by DR-INSANE95
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DR-INSANE95 said:

Check out the Ferrari 365. that won 24 hour races too. I only need the w194 an the f1 gtr to see if the trophy pops. I have every other car at the moment. 

No, it did not. The in-game vehicle description for the 365 clearly states the vehicle was the next iteration of the Ferrari triple podium in 1967, which belongs to the Ferrari 330 P4, which we have yet to see in the Legends dealership. This Ferrari is a 1971, and the Porsche 917K won its second consecutive title at Daytona in 1971. We just saw the 1970 Porsche 917K in the store, but I digress.

TLDR reasons the new cars should NOT count:

-Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71: didn't win the 24 Hour Daytona 1971 race

-Mercedes-Benz 300 SL (W194) '52: no Le Mans hashtag, despite winning the race in 1952 and being the proper livery [I would still buy this one to be safe though! Really could be a failure in labeling it properly on PD's part, it has everything you'd want in a candidate car except the hashtag]

-BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97: Has the Le Mans hashtag, but did not win the 1997 24 Hour Le Mans race, it finished second to the TWR Porsche WSC-95. The BMW McLaren F1 livery matches the runner up from what I gathered via web search for anyone wondering

I have all 3 vehicles I listed above as well as the Sauber/917K/AMG CLK-LM (i.e. I am missing the Ford Mark IV and the Jaguar XJ13 of noteworthy previous vehicles in the rotation). Still rolling with the Ford Mark IV/Sauber 89/~another eligible vehicle TBD~ theory: has a corresponding hashtag, dominated the hell out of the competition, vehicle model DID win the 24 hour race, and the in-game version is the matching livery of the vehicle that won said race. Feel free to disagree, but I'm not here to debate it further.

• Like 2

Just now, Im2Fast_4U said:

No, it did not. The in-game vehicle description for the 365 clearly states the vehicle was the next iteration of the Ferrari triple podium in 1967, which belongs to the Ferrari 330 P4, which we have yet to see in the Legends dealership. This Ferrari is a 1971, and the Porsche 917K won its second consecutive title at Daytona in 1971. We just saw the 1970 Porsche 917K in the store, but I digress.

-Mercedes-Benz 300 SL (W194) '52: no Le Mans hashtag, despite winning the race in 1952 and being the proper livery [I would still buy this one to be safe though! Really could be a failure in labeling it properly on PD's part, it has everything you'd want in a candidate car except the hashtag]

-BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97: Has the Le Mans hashtag, but did not win the 1997 24 Hour Le Mans race, it finished second to the TWR Porsche WSC-95. The BMW McLaren F1 livery matches the runner up from what I gathered via web search for anyone wondering

I have all 3 vehicles I listed above as well as the Sauber/917K/AMG CLK-LM (i.e. I am missing the Ford Mark IV and the Jaguar XJ13 of noteworthy previous vehicles in the rotation). Still rolling with the Ford Mark IV/Sauber 89/~another eligible vehicle TBD~ theory: has a corresponding hashtag, dominated the hell out of the competition, vehicle model DID win the 24 hour race, and the in-game version is the matching livery of the vehicle that won said race. Feel free to disagree, but I'm not here to debate it further.

2 minutes ago, Im2Fast_4U said:

https://www.24h-lemans.com/en/news/ecurie-francorchamps-ferrari-daytona-from-the-1973-24-hours-of-le-mans-unveiled-video-47306 my points proven clearly. don't just look in game, alot of it is misleading.

That specific Ferrari in the store is just a road model and had nothing to do with any wins. Zero chance it has anything to do with the trophy.

The Mercedes W194 is definitely a Lemans winner though, correct number as well. Will probably buy it.

The Mclaren F1 didn't win anything. Not worth it.

Edited by Hobzy
  • Like 1

I may be completly off the mark here but when I first saw this trophy I thought it was very similar to the 'Dream race' trophy from GT5. 

Dream Race
Win the ultimate three-way showdown between a Ford Mark IV Race Car, a Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car and a Jaguar XJ13 Race Car.

I have a feeling it may be these three cars as I think they all competed against one another at Le man and were deemed as cars "destined" to win. I belive they are all on the game but haven't shown yet. 

I may be completely off the mark but thought I'd thrown in my two cents. 

• Like 3

Anybody bought the following three cars, but still no trophy?

1. Ford Mark IV Race Car '67

2. Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 '89
Mercedes W194

Trying to rule out Mercedes W194. With its description, if that’s still not the right car, I don’t know what is. Suggest they change the description of that trophy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, captain_evil777 said:

Anybody bought the following three cars, but still no trophy?

1. Ford Mark IV Race Car '67

2. Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 '89
Mercedes W194

Trying to rule out Mercedes W194. With its description, if that’s still not the right car, I don’t know what is. Suggest they change the description of that trophy.

I have them three, no trophy.

• Like 2