Three Legendary Cars trophy [Ford Mark IV Race Car, Jaguar XJ13, and Ferrari 330 P4 '67]

MWYSONG23

1. Ford Mark IV Race Car '67

2. Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 '89
3. ???

based on the reasoning behind thinking the first 2 cars are eligible for the trophy, what other cars that would have met the same criteria should we look out for in future rotations?

5 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

3. ???

based on the reasoning behind thinking the first 2 cars are eligible for the trophy, what other cars that would have met the same criteria should we look out for in future rotations?

I think a fair few of us here are waiting on the Mazda 787B

• Like 3

1 minute ago, based_gigachad said:

I think a fair few of us here are waiting on the Mazda 787B

The Mazda 787B was the culmination of Mazda's rotary-engined Group C race cars. The Mazda 787B, with the car number 55 and chassis number 787B-002, completed 362 laps (approx. 4,923 km) of the 13.6 km-long Circuit de la Sarthe at the 59th 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1991, becoming the first Japanese car to win the race.

good choice!

1 hour ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

3. ???

LeMans hashtag maybe a criteria too, so we don't know.

@MonaSaxPayne This is a good starting point:

Edited by SiC

12 minutes ago, DutchJordi said:

- McLaren didn't win Le Mans

- CLK didn't win Le Mans

- C9, as far as were know counts (no proof but very likely that it counts)

- R18 isn't sold at the Legend Cars dealership

yeah I realized after posting that and looking at the guide that's posted that it's gotta be cars that have won the Le Mans race. Which is pretty stupid since there haven't been 3 eligible cars yet that meet the requirements, only 2 have surfaced and I unfortunately missed one. I pretty much blew a lot of money on cars I thought were eligible for the trophy but weren't.

30 minutes ago, DutchJordi said:

- CLK didn't win Le Mans

Note: There are 2 different McLaren F1 GTRs! One from 1997 wich is currently in the LCD and another one from 1995 (The one who won the 24h Le Mans). The 1997 F1 GTR is in the BMW category and the 1995 F1 GTR is in the McLaren category. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, DutchJordi said:

- CLK didn't win Le Mans

The cars don't have to win the 24 hours. destined means it has 1 purpose. even if it doesn't win it's destiny was to still race an win on the 24 hour race._.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DutchJordi said:

This theory doesn't work since we've had more than 3 cars which fill these requirements without anyone earning the trophy. And the trophy isn't bugged. (Looking at the account that seemingly had all cars unlocked when starting the game)

The trophy was unlocked by a hacker who also unlocked 50 and 100 cars in the same time an second as the legendary cars. this means nothing. I have brought literally every car from the legends dealership besides 2. Alot of cars that have the # SHOULD count but don't. I just think its bugged so I stopped buying for now. 

2 minutes ago, DR-INSANE95 said:

The trophy was unlocked by a hacker who also unlocked 50 and 100 cars in the same time an second as the legendary cars. this means nothing. I have brought literally every car from the legends dealership besides 2. Alot of cars that have the # SHOULD count but don't. I just think its bugged so I stopped buying for now. 

How does this mean nothing? The account had EVERY car unlocked when starting the game. Meaning that there is a selection of cars that fill the trophy requirement.

And btw something can't be destined to happen if it didn't happen. But that discussion already happened.

Edited by DutchJordi
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, DR-INSANE95 said:

The cars don't have to win the 24 hours. destined means it has 1 purpose. even if it doesn't win it's destiny was to still race an win on the 24 hour race._.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DutchJordi said:

How does this mean nothing? The account had EVERY car unlocked when starting the game. Meaning that there is a selection of cars that fill the trophy requirement.

And btw something can't be destined to happen if it didn't happen. But that discussion already happened.

Unlocking the entire collection of cars. 429 + in a split second. why would that mean anything? that means the hack covered EVERY single car including the ones in the legends dealership etc. just because the cars in the game doesn't mean we have seen them yet. 

6 minutes ago, DR-INSANE95 said:

Unlocking the entire collection of cars. 429 + in a split second. why would that mean anything? that means the hack covered EVERY single car including the ones in the legends dealership etc. just because the cars in the game doesn't mean we have seen them yet. 

You ask the same question again after I've given you an awnser.

We haven't got the trophy yet and that's only because we haven't seen 3 eligible cars. Exactly as you say with "just because the cars in the game doesn't mean we have seen them yet".

Assuming the main theory is true, we've only had 2 eligible cars.

So the trophy is not bugged, with your theory it is though.

Edited by DutchJordi
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, DR-INSANE95 said:

this was not hacked..

it was either a REVIEW version (like the one jimmy fallon got from sony)

Spoiler

or a developer test account

Edited by PETMAN3000
  • Like 4

Brazilian Portuguese trophy description says: "acquired 3 legendary race cars that were designed (description mentions the word "projected") to win 24hr races"

I'm so confused lol... GT5 platinum felt easier compared to this

Edited by just_jr
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, drossi1 said:

Hi, I'm new here, from Switzerland. I'm a trophy hunter, too, and I read all the entries in this topic from the beginning. As you all are, I'm stuck at this trophy since a while.

The German translation for this trophy:

"Drei legendäre Rennwagen erworben, die einst 24-Stunden Rennen gewinnen konnten"

erworben = bought (from buy)    gewinnen konnten = won

So the german translation says the cars must be bought and they must have won races.

I firstly hope that PD translators translated the original japanese text correctly and secondly hope that I could help.

gewinnen KONNTEN, means COULD win, unless ny German is very rusty? 

konnten = could?

3 hours ago, just_jr said:

Brazilian Portuguese trophy description says: "acquired 3 legendary race cars that were designed (description mentions the word "projected") to win 24hr races"

I'm so confused lol... GT5 platinum felt easier compared to this

this Is what l think. DESIGNED to (it was meant to win), but maybe didnt. 

we Will find out eventually ?

• Like 1