MWYSONG23

Three Legendary Cars trophy [Ford Mark IV Race Car, Jaguar XJ13, and Ferrari 330 P4 '67]

1,025 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if one of the new cars count for the trophy? 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ViioZero said:

Does anyone know if one of the new cars count for the trophy? 

It doesn't look like it. The Ferrari GTO 250 was rumored to be the last car needed for the trophy but still no one has popped it so it seems unlikely. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Is available right now one of the safest bets to get the trophy? I'm saving right now 20M doing Tokyo with the tomahawk, don't now if waiting and saving until we know for sure what cars are needed for the trophy.

Edited by Steven-Spiegel
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was saving up for same reason as well. Then blew it all off just like before. Goddamnit, every single time, I want them all but even with slightly buffed fishermans ranch etc rewards there is no way I'm going to collect all cars. 18,5 million McLaren I got but I would happily change it to Berlinetta etc, more into older stuff anyway.  About 219 unique cars in garage now.

 

Oh well maybe I'll start another "piggybank" grind tomorrow. Can almost do fishermans with eyes closed, listening podcasts at the same time.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is now a better way to grind around 2.5 millions an hour, look one post above. 

On the other threat is a video off downgrading a Tomahawk X, so it is less then 600 PP

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the Tokyo tip guys, I now know what I'm doing whole day tomorrow.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the write up.

Just two things:

 

3 hours ago, ViioZero said:
  1. It could be 3 cars that were created to win 24 hour races but didn't.

 

I think this is rather unlikely. The trophy appears to celebrate something prestigious.

Why would it pop for getting three cars that were built to win but failed at it rather than collecting actual winners.

 

3 hours ago, ViioZero said:
  1. The Trophy is bugged / missing menu on Café 

 

A bugged trophy is obviously possible, however a missing menu is rather unlikely in my opinion.

The reason being that, and please correct me if I'm wrong, all the reward cars from menus so far were also purchaseable.

I mean sure, it's possible that for this single trophy / menu it's different or the cars aren't in the game yet, but why the delay then?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SirLugash said:

I mean sure, it's possible that for this single trophy / menu it's different or the cars aren't in the game yet, but why the delay then?

 

To keep people actually playing? You know that the very second that (allegedly) last car appears in Legend Cars dealership, the trophy percentage of Three Legendary Cars shoots sky high and those who get it (and who are only interested in trophies) will scatter like the wind to skeletonize the next game 😁 Polyphony is trolling with that one, and in a highly amusing way.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SalarymanDaishi said:

 

To keep people actually playing? You know that the very second that (allegedly) last car appears in Legend Cars dealership, the trophy percentage of Three Legendary Cars shoots sky high and those who get it (and who are only interested in trophies) will scatter like the wind to skeletonize the next game 1f601.png Polyphony is trolling with that one, and in a highly amusing way.

 

I doubt that the percentage of players who just want the trophy and then leave is that high to be honest.

And even if they were, prolonging this doesn't really change anything.

Those who play and enjoy the game will continue to do so even when the trophy is achievable.

Those who are just looking to get platinum done are probably not going to be active players anyway (maybe just to grind credits in order to be ready) and will leave once it's achievable no matter how long it eventually takes.

Player retention is not going to improve by letting people wait.

It would be a different story if those cars were simply extremely expensive but readily available, in which case they might get a few people to drop money on MTX to get it done quicker.

It doesn't really work the same way when stuff is timegated though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found it rather interesting for the Ferarri Menu 38, the cafe guy says "These 3 cars were destined to become legendary."

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SirLugash said:

It doesn't really work the same way when stuff is timegated though.

 

Well, maybe those gamers irate with the whole timegate will simply boycott the trophy when it becomes achievable 😀 That'd be a sight.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering if anyone has tried to contact PD or someone related to the game with a direct question on the trophy. Like a ticket or something similar

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CaptHowdy_84 said:

I was wondering if anyone has tried to contact PD or someone related to the game with a direct question on the trophy. Like a ticket or something similar

I talked to Playstation Germany 2 weeks ago and still waiting for informations. All they said "we're trying to get more informations about the trophy". Thats it. So I still have to wait since 2 weeks now and hopefully will get atleast any informations about the trophy. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed something today with the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL (W194) '52. I bought this car days ago, but was looking for clues if it could "definitely" count for the trophy. So I took another close look at the info text you get from Hagerty. 

 

At least in the German version (unfortunately I don't know what it looks like in other languages) Hagerty refers to the car as a "legendärer Rennwagen" (legendary race car) that was developed by a "legendärer Ingenieur" (legendary engineer).

 

The conspicuous use of the word "legendary" and the fact that the car won Le Mans could be an indication that the car counts for the trophy. 

 

Until then, I hadn't read it that way about any other car. I'd love to post screenshots of it, but I don't currently have access to my PS5.

 

But: It's just a theory and hope of mine. :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, goodoldbismarck said:

I noticed something today with the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL (W194) '52. I bought this car days ago, but was looking for clues if it could "definitely" count for the trophy. So I took another close look at the info text you get from Hagerty. 

 

At least in the German version (unfortunately I don't know what it looks like in other languages) Hagerty refers to the car as a "legendärer Rennwagen" (legendary race car) that was developed by a "legendärer Ingenieur" (legendary engineer).

 

The conspicuous use of the word "legendary" and the fact that the car won Le Mans could be an indication that the car counts for the trophy. 

 

Until then, I hadn't read it that way about any other car. I'd love to post screenshots of it, but I don't currently have access to my PS5.

 

But: It's just a theory and hope of mine. :D

If the 300 SL counts, then the Ford Mark IV or/and the Sauber C9 doesn't. And don't forget, the 300 SL doesnt have the #LeMans some mysterious reason.

Or the trophy bugged.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MrBeens said:

I found it rather interesting for the Ferarri Menu 38, the cafe guy says "These 3 cars were destined to become legendary."

did you buy them?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.motor1.com/features/381414/ford-gt40-mkii-le-mans/

 

I found this link after doing a extensive search on cars lore, history etc. This one was the one that won le mans in 1966. but I'm pretty sure I seen this in the Brand Central dealership. Can anyone confirm this please as I no longer have the game with me atm an wanted to help track this down still. if this is correct I don't think the cars have to be from Legends" dealership to count. I think they just have to be legends themselves. so the enzo for example etc.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

54 minutes ago, DR-INSANE95 said:

https://www.motor1.com/features/381414/ford-gt40-mkii-le-mans/

 

I found this link after doing a extensive search on cars lore, history etc. This one was the one that won le mans in 1966. but I'm pretty sure I seen this in the Brand Central dealership. Can anyone confirm this please as I no longer have the game with me atm an wanted to help track this down still. if this is correct I don't think the cars have to be from Legends" dealership to count. I think they just have to be legends themselves. so the enzo for example etc.

 

 

I believe people in the thread have confirmed car from Brand Central don't work.

Edited by Blurrkup
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DR-INSANE95 said:

https://www.motor1.com/features/381414/ford-gt40-mkii-le-mans/

 

I found this link after doing a extensive search on cars lore, history etc. This one was the one that won le mans in 1966. but I'm pretty sure I seen this in the Brand Central dealership. Can anyone confirm this please as I no longer have the game with me atm an wanted to help track this down still. if this is correct I don't think the cars have to be from Legends" dealership to count. I think they just have to be legends themselves. so the enzo for example etc.

 

There are no pre-2000 cars in the Brand central except for a few modified ones that won a prize from PD in a motorshow.

 

The black Ford GT in brand central is the LM Test II or something (forgot the actual name), but it's based on the early 2000's Ford GT, nothing to do with the old GT40 race car.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 21/03/2022 at 6:20 PM, Hobzy said:

I wouldnt worry about it being a cafe menu.

 

They gave a gold trophy for completing 39 menu items. They're not gonna give a silver trophy for completing just one more.

 

Also how would they make tons of money giving away 3 legendary cars in a menu? Of course they'll be ones you have to spend credits to get.

You never know :D

Edited by SecondGenesis
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is so weird, I've never seen a trophy crowded in this much secrecy, saving my money and waiting on the day until someone has a video/screenshot officially confirming the 3 cars.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

has anyone tried to buy winning cars from the central brand?

- Audi-R18 Tdi'11, $3.000.000, win at 2011;

- Porsche 919 hybrid '16, $3.000.000, win at 2016. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.