Three Legendary Cars trophy [Ford Mark IV Race Car, Jaguar XJ13, and Ferrari 330 P4 '67]

MWYSONG23

On 4/12/2022 at 1:50 AM, goodoldbismarck said:

I noticed something today with the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL (W194) '52. I bought this car days ago, but was looking for clues if it could "definitely" count for the trophy. So I took another close look at the info text you get from Hagerty. 

At least in the German version (unfortunately I don't know what it looks like in other languages) Hagerty refers to the car as a "legendärer Rennwagen" (legendary race car) that was developed by a "legendärer Ingenieur" (legendary engineer).

The conspicuous use of the word "legendary" and the fact that the car won Le Mans could be an indication that the car counts for the trophy. 

Until then, I hadn't read it that way about any other car. I'd love to post screenshots of it, but I don't currently have access to my PS5.

But: It's just a theory and hope of mine. :D

One thing I was looking at in case of the suspicious M-B 300 SL (W194) '52 was the mileage of the car. It had only driven something like 600 km or 400 mi, so it definitely didn't complete a Le Mans 24h race. On the other hand, the English description said something along the lines of "this chassis nr. XXXXXXXX, won the Le Mans 24h race". So maybe it's the winning chassis, but the car engine has been switched or something else has gone through a major overhaul. On the Sauber Mercedes C9, the description of the car in my garage specifically states that "this car racing with number XX won the Le Mans 24h race", and the mileage is logical. So I'm looking for cars that seem to be the exact individual car that raced and won, not just the same kind of car. That also excludes any brand new Brand Central cars, as they have not raced although the same type of car might have won. Well, the Brand Central cars have been confirmed to not be eligible for this trophy, anyway.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, KirekkusuPT said:

We have to look at mileage too?

This trophy is too stupid. If they're 'destined' to win, being the right model should be enough.

They added today the 300SEL that won the 24h of SPA in 1971. That one HAS to count.

Pretty sure it doesn't.

Firstly it only won its category, not the overall race. And secondly it doesnt have #24nur or #lemans, obviously since it didnt race in either.

I bought it anyway though seeing how cheap it is, just in case.

Edited by Hobzy

5 hours ago, KirekkusuPT said:

This trophy is too stupid. If they're 'destined' to win, being the right model should be enough.

They added today the 300SEL that won the 24h of SPA in 1971. That one HAS to count.

After we had 3 cars that won the overall classification at Le Mans without any doubt and still no trophy, we have to look at many things, but before it gets too complicated, let's look at basics.

Ford Mark IV Race Car '67 and Sauber Mercedes C9 '89 both have the #Le Mans, the 300SL does not. I don't know why, but It could be as simple as that. No mileage or matching numbers needed. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TheKop4Life said:

Ford Mark IV Race Car '67 and Sauber Mercedes C9 '89 both have the #Le Mans, the 300SL does not. I don't know why, but It could be as simple as that. No mileage or matching numbers needed. 

Its very reasonable to believe the hashtags are used to flag a counter upon being obtained, from a programming standpoint. Proceeding with this logic, all eligible vehicles would likely also have a hidden tag attached to the object (programming jargon, in this case, the data structure for the vehicle) necessary to trigger the counter in the first place. A crude example of how this would work (Python syntax):

if in_legend_dealership == True 

if has_24_hour_hashtag == True # #Le Mans or #24Nür eligible

if has_24_hour_victory == True # Checks for legendary/destined/victor status

trophy_counter += 1 # Adds 1 to the trophy counter

if trophy_counter >= 3 # Checks value of trophy 

unlock_three_legendary_cars_trophy("User") # Pops trophy 

As always, just a theory, but seems like a pretty logical (and simple) explanation. I have noted the mileage idea for a while, and it may be why the 300SL did not get the Le Mans hashtag (despite it seeming eligible in every other capacity lol). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Im2Fast_4U said:

Its very reasonable to believe the hashtags are used to flag a counter upon being obtained, from a programming standpoint. 

Surely each car in the game has an assigned number (from 001-999 for example). All they would have to do is have a list of car IDs eligible for the trophy and the counter ticks up by one each time the player obtains one on the list. Makes anything that we can see in the GUI irrelevant. 

5 minutes ago, barra333 said:

Surely each car in the game has an assigned number (from 001-999 for example). All they would have to do is have a list of car IDs eligible for the trophy and the counter ticks up by one each time the player obtains one on the list. Makes anything that we can see in the GUI irrelevant. 

I agree, though I think the logic I provided makes the most sense given that they are adding vehicles to the game over time. If using your structure, they'd have to constantly update their internal list, whereas the general expression above is a catch-all for all vehicles and their data without the need to constantly update their code. But I don't mean to get into a debate over programming semantics here, just wanted to offer a simple logical reasoning for what may be going on behind the scenes, especially given how versatile using tags are for doing multiple operations (of which this would be one of many).

Edited by Im2Fast_4U

16 hours ago, KirekkusuPT said:

This is incorrect. It won it's class and finished 2nd overall.

8 hours ago, Im2Fast_4U said:

I agree, though I think the logic I provided makes the most sense given that they are adding vehicles to the game over time. If using your structure, they'd have to constantly update their internal list, whereas the general expression above is a catch-all for all vehicles and their data without the need to constantly update their code. But I don't mean to get into a debate over programming semantics here, just wanted to offer a simple logical reasoning for what may be going on behind the scenes, especially given how versatile using tags are for doing multiple operations (of which this would be one of many).

Just want to point out that when you say "constantly updating" it actually means "adding an ID to a list once every month / few months".

Of course it would be easy to forget such a simple task considering everything else, but then again, so would be adding a hashtag to the car.

9 hours ago, Im2Fast_4U said:

Its very reasonable to believe the hashtags are used to flag a counter upon being obtained, from a programming standpoint. Proceeding with this logic, all eligible vehicles would likely also have a hidden tag attached to the object (programming jargon, in this case, the data structure for the vehicle) necessary to trigger the counter in the first place. A crude example of how this would work (Python syntax):

if in_legend_dealership == True 

if has_24_hour_hashtag == True # #Le Mans or #24Nür eligible

if has_24_hour_victory == True # Checks for legendary/destined/victor status

trophy_counter += 1 # Adds 1 to the trophy counter

if trophy_counter >= 3 # Checks value of trophy 

unlock_three_legendary_cars_trophy("User") # Pops trophy 

As always, just a theory, but seems like a pretty logical (and simple) explanation. I have noted the mileage idea for a while, and it may be why the 300SL did not get the Le Mans hashtag (despite it seeming eligible in every other capacity lol). 

This is exactly how it works BUT it seems like one of the developers forgot a semicolon somewhere in their script :D

That's why we still chill on 0 percent!

Edited by tagiXD

15 hours ago, Im2Fast_4U said:

It’s increasingly likely that there is no algorithm that decides which cars are balid and instead it’s a set list of 3 cars that won’t change overtime. Still got my money on the GT40 MkIV, XJ13 and 330 P4.

• Like 1

own pov : I think before buying all cars from legends dealership maybe we should all work on buying every car from the brand central first? 

With process of elimination an people working on 1 manufacturer etc we can narrow this trophy down by a huge margin. just my thoughts anyways. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DR-INSANE95 said:

own pov : I think before buying all cars from legends dealership maybe we should all work on buying every car from the brand central first? 

With process of elimination an people working on 1 manufacturer etc we can narrow this trophy down by a huge margin. just my thoughts anyways. 

If yall going to do this, now it's the time since everyone got every invitation.