Three Legendary Cars trophy [Ford Mark IV Race Car, Jaguar XJ13, and Ferrari 330 P4 '67]

MWYSONG23

1 minute ago, Doctor_Gunner said:

i do not own the game but this trophy has itself become legendary in the community. whats the deal?

You need to own 3 particular cars, but which specific ones is not clear. Also, the pool of cars that the 3 come from rotate through an in game dealership. Nearly 6 weeks after release no more than 2 of the 3 needed have appeared. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, janpham said:

Better farm the Tomahawk 600 pp glitch, before they nerf it. I have 25 million Credits right now.

This isn't a glitch, you are changing the gear ratio of gears 1-3 so that it takes an insane amount of time to accelerate. But you spend most of the race in gears 4+ so thats why it works.

5 minutes ago, barra333 said:

You need to own 3 particular cars, but which specific ones is not clear. Also, the pool of cars that the 3 come from rotate through an in game dealership. Nearly 6 weeks after release no more than 2 of the 3 needed have appeared. 

that's the best aspect of trophy hunting: the collective and communal activity. i bet sony made this trophy this way on purpose expecting this exact result

Edited by Doctor_Gunner
  • Like 2

Just now, cferguson9595 said:

This isn't a glitch, you are changing the gear ratio of gears 1-3 so that it takes an insane amount of time to accelerate. But you spend most of the race in gears 4+ so thats why it works.

Hm, i would call it a glitch, cause Polyphony Digital already said, that this is not alright and that they will patch it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cferguson9595 said:

The fact that you can do it isn't a glitch. What it does to the PP that allows the car in the race most certainly is.

1 hour ago, Doctor_Gunner said:

i do not own the game but this trophy has itself become legendary in the community. whats the deal?

there are 3 cars we need to buy, but they're not specified in the trophy description and the dealership where we need to buy them sells a ton of very expensive cars on a timed rotation. And not every car has been on said rotation even tho the game is over a month old

• Like 2

3 hours ago, barra333 said:

And even the ones who have shown up are an assumption to be correct. Until this trophy pops or there's official word of which cars we'd need, it's all based on (educated) guesses. 

I still think this trophy is either glitched or part of a future update.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, svache said:

And even the ones who have shown up are an assumption to be correct. Until this trophy pops or there's official word of which cars we'd need, it's all based on (educated) guesses. 

I still think this trophy is either glitched or part of a future update.

i hope it turns out to be an interesting search and not just unrealeased/time gated content, even though after all this time it is most likely the later

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tigreis_BR said:

They have to upload the porsche 917 again, costs 20 M Credits and sure is a model that counts. Nobody could afford it at the release date of the game. And they removed too soon.

From the trophy guide:

"Vehicle model won both Le Mans and Daytona 24 hour races, but in-game livery is of the Daytona winner (no. 2), which does not have an associated in-game hashtag"

Edited by SiC

5 hours ago, DR-INSANE95 said:

own pov : I think before buying all cars from legends dealership maybe we should all work on buying every car from the brand central first? 

With process of elimination an people working on 1 manufacturer etc we can narrow this trophy down by a huge margin. just my thoughts anyways. 

I believe this has already been done and it specifically mentions Legendary in the trophy so has nothing to do with Brand Central

• Like 1

This trophy really grinds my gears...

How the hell all of these LM and other 24hr race winners don't make the trophy pop but... 1 car that never won any 24hr race (330 P4 in the game), one that never raced (XJ13) and only one other that has won (Ford Mark IV) will make this trophy pop?

It can only be this. A copy of the GT5 trophy but with dead wrong and misleading information in it. We have to wait for the 330 P4 to appear. It's the last car that could activate the trophy.

If the Sauber, XJR-9 and 787B, all 3 actual winners, didn't trigger it, the 1988 962C isn't going to trigger it either.

Edited by GrimmSCP
  • Like 1