Three Legendary Cars trophy [Ford Mark IV Race Car, Jaguar XJ13, and Ferrari 330 P4 '67]

MWYSONG23

4 hours ago, PixelShifts said:

I've noticed the Mazda 787B and the Jaguar XJR9 both have an interaction at the cafe, with Jeremy telling a whole story about the cars, meanwhile any of the other 24 hour winning cars I've purchased dont have that, could this mean something?

Interesting observation! I looked myself and Jeremy always prefaces his blurb about both of these vehicles by saying "You just won that race, right? Nice work! So, by the way... *insert history blurb here*". To me, this seems to imply these were/are meant to be prize vehicles for a race/future menu book/etc that was cut before launch, but the code remains in game? I don't think this gives the vehicles a legendary status for the trophy (as I previously explained here) but is interesting nonetheless. Could be a sign of more legendary vehicles being prizes in the future though! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PixelShifts said:

I've noticed the Mazda 787B and the Jaguar XJR9 both have an interaction at the cafe, with Jeremy telling a whole story about the cars, meanwhile any of the other 24 hour winning cars I've purchased dont have that, could this mean something?

IMO this is the most underrated comment here. Despite all the hash tags, debates over semantics, etc, here are two legendary cars that trigger separate NPC dialogue gushing over how these two cars specifically won 24 hour races.  At this point, are there any other cars that have specific dialogue at the cafe?

• Like 2

I just bought all of the #LeMans tagged cars in the legend store because I'm growing tired of this trophy now and wanted to just prove these would or wouldn't count. It didn't pop, previous to this I'd bought the C9.

Edited by GAZDAN

26 minutes ago, slayer02348 said:

IMO this is the most underrated comment here. Despite all the hash tags, debates over semantics, etc, here are two legendary cars that trigger separate NPC dialogue gushing over how these two cars specifically won 24 hour races.  At this point, are there any other cars that have specific dialogue at the cafe?

Only about half of the cars I have (~130 total) trigger someone to say something about the vehicles when taken to the Cafe. A bulk majority of them are ones obtained for the menus, which is what prompted my above post about this observation. To me it is eerily similar to the NPCs saying "I like your wide body vehicle!" In the event you do right after adding a wide body for the menu which they say is for the next race, but isn't an actual requirement, and this line is repeated upon going to the event again (even after completing all menus, even without a wide body vehicle) Hence my prior assessment: 

1 hour ago, Im2Fast_4U said:

Interesting observation! I looked myself and Jeremy always prefaces his blurb about both of these vehicles by saying "You just won that race, right? Nice work! So, by the way... *insert history blurb here*". To me, this seems to imply these were/are meant to be prize vehicles for a race/future menu book/etc that was cut before launch, but the code remains in game? I don't think this gives the vehicles a legendary status for the trophy (as I previously explained here) but is interesting nonetheless. Could be a sign of more legendary vehicles being prizes in the future though! 

Edited by Im2Fast_4U

Out of the 424 available cars in the game, only 25 havent appear yet in legendary dealership or arent sold in used cars or arent sold in brand central or arent given as a prize for winning races. This means, that since more legendary and more used cars are available each time after the latest patch, the next couple weeks the car will appear. That is, if they dont start recycling cars in the dealerships that have apppeared before... 

Edited by karpathoulas667

PD just loves their mysteries. Did you know they still haven't officially published the full GT7 car list? Everything we have comes from people spotting cars on trailers, screenshots, deciphering silhouettes, etc. If the trophy does indeed end up being a reference to the GT5 trophy, it would be quite fitting for it to ambiguous, since that one also required some figuring out at first.

Edited by J_Chmielinski

Sorry but I'm posting this again:

「かつて24時間レースに勝利すべく産声をあげた、伝説のレーシングカー3台を入手」

Translation:

Acquired those 3 legendary racing cars that were once built to win the 24 Hour Race.

1. The car doesn't have to win

2. There are only 3 qualified cars

I think they are the 3 cars from GT5

・Ford Mark IV
・Ferrari 330 P4
・Jaguar XJ13

Maybe Ford from another year instead.

Edited by sunx-13
update translation
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, sunx-13 said:
17 minutes ago, sunx-13 said:

2. There are only 3 qualified cars

I think they are the 3 cars from GT5

・Ford Mark IV
・Ferrari 330 P4
・Jaguar XJ13

Do you think that the Ford Mark IV will still be available for purchase? I missed it at the beginning of the game.

15 minutes ago, x-wiedzmin-x said:

Do you think that the Ford Mark IV will still be available for purchase? I missed it at the beginning of the game.

Yes it will come back at some point. It's a rotation, so all cars will eventually be available again.

15 minutes ago, x-wiedzmin-x said:

Sure, I did't get it either. When all legendary cars have made their appearances in the store, it will be another round I guess.

5 hours ago, Im2Fast_4U said:

-Mazda 787B '91: while this vehicle did win the 1991 24 Hours of Le Mans race, it was both an unimpressive and controversial victory. The Mercedes team dominated most of the race leading in 1-2-3 with the Mazda in 4th, but Mercedes failed to podium after multiple late mechanical failures in all three, leaving the Mazda as the winner based purely on attrition. The Mazda also exploited a loop hole in regulations allowing them to run at a lower weight due to it being an older Group C1 car. Overall, doesn't evoke the domination factor previously mentioned in the Jaguar XJR-9's case. (And an aside, is sold with just 21 miles in the store lol) Doesn't count. 

Plot twist: Argument for the fact that the Mazda was in fact "destined" to win:

• It qualified poorly at 19th
  • 3 Mercedes's were top 3
  • Despite this, MIRACULOUSLY everything went in its favor for it to snatch the victory

Sounds like it really was DESTINED to win no matter what... LOL. /s

• Like 4

is there any way to know if a car was designed to race only the 24h races, I mean, where engineers had that in mind since the beginning? Something like "This car is being designed so it can run and win 24h races"?

because this is literally what says the description in other languages

Edited by just_jr