Three Legendary Cars trophy [Ford Mark IV Race Car, Jaguar XJ13, and Ferrari 330 P4 '67]

MWYSONG23

On 3/20/2022 at 6:52 PM, SHKISS1105 said:

Gran Turismo 5  trophy

I think the same 

Dream Race
 Win the ultimate three-way showdown between a Ford Mark IV Race Car, a Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car and a Jaguar XJ13 Race Car.

Nailed it. Good guess, good shout. What a ride this thread has been. Let's get some plats, gents. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, captain_evil777 said:

Any cash rich people here without the ford and Jag, tried buying the Ferrari 3 times?

I believe someone earlier in this thread bought the Mark IV 3 times and didn't get the trophy

I wonder how long it will take the initial stock of legendary cars to come back around

2 minutes ago, captain_evil777 said:

Any cash rich people here without the ford and Jag, tried buying the Ferrari 3 times?

Wondering this too actually. Is the ferrari the cheapest of the three? It should be possible to do it multiple times as stacks could be impossible if those were the only three cars that count in the game.

5 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

I believe someone earlier in this thread bought the Mark IV 3 times and didn't get the trophy

I wonder how long it will take the initial stock of legendary cars to come back around

That was me. It did not work buying the same car 3 times. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Gonna miss this thread ?

Congrats and a big thank you to everyone who farmed and spent their credits figuring this one out.

In the end, it really looks like the trophy description was made vague for people to keep burning through their credits for a while.

I am of the same opinion.

It looks like PD have done everything they can to treat their customers like cash cows, creating the game in a way to push MTX. 
(Before "those people"  get in.....people weren't forced to buy MTX, correct, but the game was 100%^ designed around steering people towards them like a f2p game)

Plus I would say there was another element to the way this worked: Pushing out the longevity of this game by time-gating the platinum trophy.
-This was done to prolong the second hand market and I am sure it worked. It will be interesting to see how many copies go up for sale as of today onwards..

Personally, I believe they could have just launched the game with a normal - very long - amount of content but for some reason they opted to go down the route of releasing an incomplete game and then slow releasing content... while that seems to be "the norm" these days, its not a trend that I would like to see continue

Edited by BrettzOr
  • Like 2

Popped for me too after getting the 330 P4, had this hunch since page 3 because everything is a damn reference in this game.

Can't be too long until the dealership starts to rotate, on kudosprime only 6 cars don't have a source yet meaning they haven't been seen. It will be interesting to see if the cycle loops of it's random.

• Like 2

Checked the recent earners just and couldn't believe my eyes, people are finally earning this trophy!

Well that was quite the adventure, wasn't it? It's nice to finally get confirmation on what the heck this trophy actually is. This has definitely been a fun thread to watch as we banged our heads against the wall trying to figure it out - till next time! :P 

• Like 4

That's finally Great news! I got the Ferrari but no trophy since I didn't have money to get the other two when they were available. Good news is that I am short only for 200.000 credits to get the other two and that means one last Tomahawk grind :) congrats on the gamers that got the platinum and the active community that was trying for so long to find the solution. Have a nice day people! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BrettzOr said:

I am of the same opinion.

It looks like PD have done everything they can to treat their customers like cash cows, creating the game in a way to push MTX. 
(Before "those people"  get in.....people weren't forced to buy MTX, correct, but the game was 100%^ designed around steering people towards them like a f2p game)

Plus I would say there was another element to the way this worked: Pushing out the longevity of this game by time-gating the platinum trophy.
-This was done to prolong the second hand market and I am sure it worked. It will be interesting to see how many copies go up for sale as of today onwards..

Personally, I believe they could have just launched the game with a normal - very long - amount of content but for some reason they opted to go down the route of releasing an incomplete game and then slow releasing content... while that seems to be "the norm" these days, its not a trend that I would like to see continue

There really is no conspiracy. PD likes putting mysteries in their games and have done so since the beginning of GT. You could've easily seen this trophy being a reference to GT5 and some people did when the list first appeared. There was zero need to go on a crazy hunt that involved trying to redefine words in the dictionary.

Although I do agree with the lack of content at launch bit. I don't understand why several entire car categories are not represented at all in cafe menus or world events.

• Like 2

Congrats to all those who popped their plat today! I bought so many cars just to see if they would pop this trophy, wish I'd bought the first two when they were available. Just a waiting game now for them to reappear, I have more than enough credits banked.

• Like 2

So sad to see that Polyphony Digital add the same cars as before... They could do so much better, add more choices on that list... I didn't bought the jaguar (this car never won Le Mans) and mark IV. I will buy the 330P4 today... 

Edited by Ashesheart