Three Legendary Cars trophy [Ford Mark IV Race Car, Jaguar XJ13, and Ferrari 330 P4 '67]

MWYSONG23

4 minutes ago, Faty_CZ_ said:

I didn’t bought Jaguar… well now it’s time to sit and wait till it will appear again. If I remember right it was 20 mil car. Hope it’s not going to cost more but thanks for the topic here.

It was 12 mil. It should be back within 3-4 weeks if the order in the rotation remains the same.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Asimb0mb said:

The trophy description is still utter shite. Jaguar XJ13 never competed, so how could it be destined to win? The trophy is 100% made to be misleading on purpose, unlike the GT5 trophy which was very clear.

Because it was "once was destined to win"

People can fail their destiny.
Its an ambiguous word as it does have many different meanings to many different cultures. I guess PD uses the meaning that destiny is something that you can fail.

• Like 4

By definition, destiny is something that can't fail. It's fate. It was always going to happen, it was written in the stars. If you didn't win something, you were never destined to win it to begin with. Come on, are we really doing this again?

Edited by Asimb0mb
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, BrettzOr said:

intentionally worded this one differently to confuse people and make them spend an unnecessary amount of credits searching for it.

You might have had a point, but realistically a hundredth of a percent of people were buying these cars, trying to find out which ones. It didn’t move any needles in sales when there is also a very popular AFK method to generate credits. 

The overwhelming majority of the very small percent of people bothering with trophies for this game just waited for someone else to figure out which cars popped the trophy. 

The very small number of people posting here doesn’t extrapolate out to be any sort of significant percentage of GT7 owners. It’s highly unlikely that there was much thought at all to this trophy being some kind of nefarious method to increase profits/sales for PD.

• Like 2

Trophy description is confusing, but I understand what they wanted to do. Looking at Ferrari's "learn more" content: "... The development of the P series was stepped up to confront Ford at Le Mans..." meaning that it was designed to run 24h races

Edited by just_jr

15 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

...realistically a hundredth of a percent of people were buying these cars, trying to find out which ones. It didn’t move any needles in sales when there is also a very popular AFK method to generate credits.

Yeah, but they've spoke against those same AFK methods and tried to decrease rewards to stop people from quickly farm credits, right?

So, they do care about that little bit of money.

During the last several years, I believe we've all noticed the trend to make singleplayer trophy lists simpler in order to enhance player experience, while online games usually have much more challenging and grindy trophies.

Even if trophies only matter to a small percentage of gamers, it costs studios/publishers nothing to design lists in a way that favors their interests.

I would argue that, in most cases, DLC content is also pretty niche, but evey game keeps adding it. And, unlike a trophy list, DLC requires development time and resources to be made.

Even if it isn't a lot of money, it's still money.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BrettzOr said:

Because it was "once was destined to win"

People can fail their destiny.
Its an ambiguous word as it does have many different meanings to many different cultures. I guess PD uses the meaning that destiny is something that you can fail.

I would support that interpretation if the XJ13 competed, but it never raced so it is not destined, PD have got the wording wrong. The trophy description is very poor so I think a fair few people intentionally did not buy the XJ13 as 1) it never competed so failed to match the description and 2) at the time it was available credit gain was incredibly slow and tedious and that made it a risky purchase.

the good thing now is that we know 3 cars that are required for the trophy at long last.

I wonder though if the Shelby Cobra Daytona also counts, or if its strictly those three cars. That car hasn’t shown yet and we’re nearing the end of the cycle so it must appear soon. 

I think we can agree though that this may be one of the most irritating trophies in a Sony exclusive game.

49 minutes ago, AxillarySloth53 said:

I would support that interpretation if the XJ13 competed, but it never raced so it is not destined, PD have got the wording wrong. The trophy description is very poor so I think a fair few people intentionally did not buy the XJ13 as 1) it never competed so failed to match the description and 2) at the time it was available credit gain was incredibly slow and tedious and that made it a risky purchase.

the good thing now is that we know 3 cars that are required for the trophy at long last.

I wonder though if the Shelby Cobra Daytona also counts, or if its strictly those three cars. That car hasn’t shown yet and we’re nearing the end of the cycle so it must appear soon. 

I think we can agree though that this may be one of the most irritating trophies in a Sony exclusive game.

The XJ13 fits the description, since it was built with the explicit goal of winning the 24h of Le Mans race. That it didn't compete doesn't matter. During the pitch, design, testing, whatever, someone at some point thought it was going to win. At some point it was thought to be good enough to win that race. Some would say it was once destined to win.

I doubt any regular player lost sleep over this trophy, while trophy hunters should at this point be familiar with how PD likes to reference their own previous work, so while the trophy description is too vague, I really don't get why some people are so upset about it and try to claim they somehow created this trophy to extract more money from players.

Edited by J_Chmielinski

1 hour ago, Hata2008ataH said:

I bought

Ford MARK IV RACE CAR 1967 upon release
Jaguar XJ13 1966 few weeks back 

Ferrari 330 P4 1967 today Apr 19th

trophy popped plus the platinum 

changed to ps4 version and bought the cheapest legend car CR 28500 forgot the model

trophy popped for the second version as well.

hope it helps.

So that car that costs 28500 count for towards the trophy?

2 minutes ago, elchicotemido said:

So that car that costs 28500 count for towards the trophy?

I believe it's just a cross progression "bug". The dude had all cars on his account in PS5 but it's the same on PS4 with a different trophy list. So, for the trophy to pop, he had to buy something (anything) from the Legend Dealership.

• Like 1

I've been keeping a close eye on this thread and im not at all surprised that the three legendary cars required for the trophy are the Ford Mark IV '67, Jaguar XJ13 '66 & the Ferrari 330 P4 '67.

A similar trophy was present in GT5 - Dream Race: Win the ultimate three-way showdown between a Ford Mark IV Race Car, a Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car and a Jaguar XJ13 Race Car which shows a lack of imagination/effort on PD's behalf. They should have allowed the other Le Mans winning cars of which there are a couple that won to be included in this but had to make this more complicated than it already is. To add to that, they could have made an effort in producing better trophy images too instead of have the same plain picture which again they did on GT5 and GT6.

Credit to those who managed to bag the Ford Mark IV and the Jaguar XJ13. I managed to buy the Ferrari 330 P4 a short while ago along with every other legendary car that has appeared since around week 3 after release  but no trophy as expected and I missed out on the other two due to having a lack of credits at the time. Given that PD nerfed the reward system to make it harder to gain credits too at the start until they recently patched it didnt make things easier either.

To anyone else who doesn't have the other two cars, I would start grinding those credits out and make the most of the Tomahawk exploit while you still can (as this is most definitely going to be patched), as hopefully over the next few weeks we should see the other two (fingers crossed) reappear given there are now 10 slots in the legendary dealership instead of 5 on game release.

Grats to all who got the platinum! I haven't gotten any of the three cars yet but I've got the credits saved so I'll buy the Ferrari now and the rest when they become available again. I was almost 100% certain that the Ford and Ferrari would be two of the cars needed since I immediately thought of those two when I first read about this trophy but I had no idea what the third one would be.

• Like 1

Was literally going to post the other day saying, "Holy crap, have we still not got this trophy yet?" but just saw on the 100% Club page that people have finally got it!

Guess I'll finally start making progress towards it now. Shoutout to all who were trying to figure the requirements out and at the time had to grind credits etc!

Does anyone know the total amount of credits that will be required? Thanks to the recent reward changes, I have about 56 million I think? Hopefully that'll be enough for all three cars?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw it's listed in the trophy guide. ?

Edited by SolidNinjaSnake

People who typically buy the game when new, beat it, and flip it while it's still worth something got shafted really hard.
I didn't really plan to do this anyway, I bought this game digitally and expected to play this every now and then regularly, but I admit I did this a few times in the past.

Now it's time for me to wait for rotation to get the other two cars.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Riiszk said:

'Destined' will definitely be a trigger word for many for the foreseeable future. 

if I got it right, the original Japanese trophy description doesn't talk at all about destiny. More about being "born" to win the races, as in designed/built for it.

• Like 1