Three Legendary Cars trophy [Ford Mark IV Race Car, Jaguar XJ13, and Ferrari 330 P4 '67]

MWYSONG23

8 hours ago, VELOCIOUS-VIPER said:

@Sojaldo Rough estimates, ones with asterisks are not listed on Hagerty's website but are solid guesses. Ones that are listed have a link below, only 3 lol. Also Curious what race the BMW CSL won, i cant find it

Audi R18 TDI (Le Mans 2011)                *? (only 6 exist) no sales numbers at all, i would guess 1-2mil based on cost of Brand Central LeMans Winners In last 10 Years
BMW 3.0 CSL Race Car 1972                  *Unsure which variant, road version valued at 200k  

https://www.hagerty.com/valuation-tools/bmw/3.0csl/1972/1972-bmw-3.0csl
Ferrari 330 P4 ’67                   *15 Million 
Ford GT40 Mk 1 ’66                   5 Million

https://www.hagerty.com/valuation-tools/ford/gt40/1966/1966-ford-gt40-mk_i?id=aCn1I000000CxqESAS&search=q%3D1966%20Ford%20GT40%20Mk%20I
Ford Mark IV Race Car ’67     4.6 Million Confirmed already appeared in game 

https://www.hagerty.com/valuation-tools/ford/gt40/1967/1967-ford-gt40-mk_iv?id=aCn1I000000D82gSAC&search=q%3D1967%20Ford%20GT40%20Mk%20IV 

Jaguar D-Type 1954                4 million

https://www.hagerty.com/valuation-tools/jaguar/d~type/1954/1954-jaguar-d~type?id=aCn1I000000CuiaSAC&search=q%3D1954%20Jaguar%20D-Type
Jaguar XJR-9 ’88                          *2 Million 
Mazda 787B ’91                           *2-3 Million 
McLaren F1 GTR – BMW (Kokusai Kaihatsu UK Racing) ’95      *15-20 Million
Mercedes-Benz 300 SL (W194) CN.194 ’52                                  *10-15 Million 
Mercedes-AMG Sauber C9 ’89                                                     * cant find anything, costed 5,350,000 in GT6
Porsche 917K ’70                                    *15 Million
Porsche 962 C ’88                                     * 750,000 to 2Million

Thanks for providing this. My advice to those trying to get this trophy: Do not buy the Jag XJ13. Its 12 million and I'm not sure its not one of the cars. Considering that devs have just severely nerfed the credit grind method (97,500 at Fisherman Ranch now pays 30,000) its a colossal amount of money to spent with an incredibly slow time to recoup those credits when there looks to be cheaper alternatives out there.

26 minutes ago, AxillarySloth53 said:

Thanks for providing this. My advice to those trying to get this trophy: Do not buy the Jag XJ13. Its 12 million and I'm not sure its not one of the cars. Considering that devs have just severely nerfed the credit grind method (97,500 at Fisherman Ranch now pays 30,000) its a colossal amount of money to spent with an incredibly slow time to recoup those credits when there looks to be cheaper alternatives out there.

Thanks I've 16M Cr. actually

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxillarySloth53 said:

Can you stay offline without updating and still make 97,500 on fisherman’s ranch?

Just now, CoMpLeTioNsT said:

Can you stay offline without updating and still make 97,500 on fisherman’s ranch?

The game's "always online". You can only play music rally and custom races (I believe) while offline so, no, you're locked out of your single player game if you don't update.

~

While I'm here waiting to know what cars are needed, I don't know if I spend my credits on other cars needed for other trophies or wait to see how much this one will cost me.

2 hours ago, AxillarySloth53 said:

How do you know it was nerfed to 30,000? I still can't get on, servers are still down for me.

14 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

Dude on pstrophies.org unlocked it 03/15 10 AM, Huang Ten.  Legit or hacked?  Anyone ask that user?

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/gran-turismo-7-stack/trophy/430562-three-legendary-cars.html

He platinum'd Crypt of the Necrodancer (Almost Impossible Plat. of All Time) so it's hacked.

Nothing to prove this, and no way to send his a message

8 minutes ago, LombaxeI said:

He platinum'd Crypt of the Necrodancer (Almost Impossible Plat. of All Time) so it's hacked.

Nothing to prove this, and no way to send his a message

My bad, I was going on the off chance someone had an account at that site as well.

i can't believe they nerfed fischerman's. i'm so close to just dropping this game strictly on principle. more predatory than gta online. i am curious to see how this gets handled for an eventual trophy guide. and as far as the info i have posted in here before about the person who reached out to devs, now on two occasaions i've seen them ignore someone trying to reach out to them about it, so starting to believe it is entirely made up. 

6 minutes ago, n1c0live said:

Now that they have dropped rewards significantly, this trophy is a real candidate for the most expensive trophy + plat ever released on PS5.

14 minutes ago, whirring_ said:

i can't believe they nerfed fischerman's. i'm so close to just dropping this game strictly on principle. more predatory than gta online. i am curious to see how this gets handled for an eventual trophy guide. and as far as the info i have posted in here before about the person who reached out to devs, now on two occasaions i've seen them ignore someone trying to reach out to them about it, so starting to believe it is entirely made up. 

They aren't answering questions now, they probably want you all to spend money!  I think you guys should revolt and send them a lot of messages saying how unhappy you are.  Maybe they will give in and tell you the 3 cars.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

They aren't answering questions now, they probably want you all to spend money!  I think you guys should revolt and send them a lot of messages saying how unhappy you are.  Maybe they will give in and tell you the 3 cars.

there isn't even a real way to contact them. couldn't find a dev on twitter, linkedin was just all higher ups or marketing people who probably wouldn't even know what i was talking about or wouldn't even respond. i messaged the actual gt7 twitter page and nothing. i sent an email to where they direct you to send job inquiries (i think? it was all in japanese) and nothing. best way i can think of would be someone who got a review copy. i'm pretty sure they would leave some sort of real contact info for feedback/questions while they're playing pre-release. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

After less than two weeks from release, people have already gotten to: "If you developers don't just tell us the answers, we're unhappy and we're revolting by asking you a lot! Don't make us try to figure out this vague trophy description you intentionally added to the game!"

I guess harassing them by "send them a lot of messages" is one way of figure out what is supposed to be a bit of a puzzle to solve.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, whirring_ said:

there isn't even a real way to contact them. couldn't find a dev on twitter, linkedin was just all higher ups or marketing people who probably wouldn't even know what i was talking about or wouldn't even respond. i messaged the actual gt7 twitter page and nothing. i sent an email to where they direct you to send job inquiries (i think? it was all in japanese) and nothing. best way i can think of would be someone who got a review copy. i'm pretty sure they would leave some sort of real contact info for feedback/questions while they're playing pre-release. 

I know people who got a review copy (before the release date) and no, you can't reach them. Review copies are send by PlayStation (the editor) and not the Developer. And PlayStation couldn't help you for that.

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

After less than two weeks from release, people have already gotten to: "If you developers don't just tell us the answers, we're unhappy and we're revolting by asking you a lot! Don't make us try to figure out this vague trophy description you intentionally added to the game!"

I guess harassing them by "send them a lot of messages" is one way of figure out what is supposed to be a bit of a puzzle to solve.

You are speculating though.  No one knows if its a puzzle or if the trophy is just glitched and doesn't work.  Since no one has it everyone is forced to guess or trial and error as to what it is referring to.

If it works, it was worth the shot.  I guess they could complain to reviewers of Video Games, I'm sure this will in turn cause News Stories to be written, and eventually some response by Polyphony.  

Just now, LegendExeter said:

You are speculating though.  No one knows if its a puzzle or if the trophy is just glitched and doesn't work.  Since no one has it everyone is forced to guess or trial and error as to what it is referring to.

If it works, it was worth the shot.  I guess they could complain to reviewers of Video Games, I'm sure this will in turn cause News Stories to be written, and eventually some response by Polyphony.  

What exactly am I speculating that you're disagreeing with? How much testing have people done to try to figure out the right combination for this trophy? Has every possible combination been tested?

The rest of the trophies are very specific in what needs to be done, intentionally. The Three Legendary Cars has a vagueness that is clearly intentional as well. If they wanted to just tell people which cars they were, they would have just like all the trophies that mention very specific cars to obtain.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

What exactly am I speculating that you're disagreeing with? How much testing have people done to try to figure out the right combination for this trophy? Has every possible combination been tested?

The rest of the trophies are very specific in what needs to be done, intentionally. The Three Legendary Cars has a vagueness that is clearly intentional as well. If they wanted to just tell people which cars they were, they would have just like all the trophies that mention very specific cars to obtain.

I was referring to you speculating their intent was to put in a vague trophy description in furtherance of the idea that it's some big mystery.  It's a racing game...whats the mystery here?  Is there even a story mode to this game?  I don't think it was there intent to make this a vague trophy thats a mystery to decode.  

If I could speculate I would say that the trophy is probably going to be unlocked by buying a car that hasn't shown up in the legendary car shop yet.  A trophy most likely solved by time and trial/error.

• Like 1

Take it from me as someone who played GT Sport regularly for three and a half years and followed the competitive side of it for the same length of time - you will never get an explanation about anything PD does. You'll never get justifications for things happening or apologies for bad things happening. Ever. Either get used to that now or stop playing the game, because it's not going to change.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Velvet said:

There have only been (2) 24 hour cars appear in the Legend Car shop since even before day one, so the only way anything can be even remotely confirmed on this is by waiting for the next cycle. 

In the off chance that the 3rd one is what kicks the trophy off for those who have the current 2 (which would be a God send on confirming that the tags are what we need to look out for), the very least I can offer is that buying the same car 3 times does not work. It was a silly idea, but wanted to try it anyways. RIP my credits, lol. 

Big thanks for trying to buy a car 3 times en confirm that the trophy not unlock!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Velvet said:

There have only been (2) 24 hour cars appear in the Legend Car shop since even before day one, so the only way anything can be even remotely confirmed on this is by waiting for the next cycle. 

In the off chance that the 3rd one is what kicks the trophy off for those who have the current 2 (which would be a God send on confirming that the tags are what we need to look out for), the very least I can offer is that buying the same car 3 times does not work. It was a silly idea, but wanted to try it anyways. RIP my credits, lol. 

The ford and Jaguar ?