Server is down??!!!

mhm_fazli

I hope this doesn't result in the same situation I got in when playing LBP 2.

T_T

I had just bought it and the servers closed a week after. 

4 hours ago, BatCarlitos310 said:

Is the server still down? ?

Yeah

So I just bought PS a few days ago because I thought I needed it to access Kenways Fleet in AC4 and now I'm finding out that Ubisoft was just having trouble with all their game servers that day... At least I'll finally get the LVL 55 trophy out of the way. Pissing me off almost as much as buying Ac3 remaster on sale and the very next sale that started the day after I bought the AC Odyssey deluxe that comes with AC3 as part of the season pass.

Ubi Support officially acknowledged the issue with their servers and posted a statement on their site about 20 minutes ago. 
https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/143631/march-15th-2022-degradation-multiple-games-multiple-platforms?lang=en-US

"Hello everyone. We're aware of an issue currently affecting connectivity and are working towards resolving this. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience. Please be sure to check this thread for future updates. Thanks."

2 hours ago, MarkGrouch said:

Ubi Support officially acknowledged the issue with their servers and posted a statement on their site about 20 minutes ago. 
https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/143631/march-15th-2022-degradation-multiple-games-multiple-platforms?lang=en-US

"Hello everyone. We're aware of an issue currently affecting connectivity and are working towards resolving this. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience. Please be sure to check this thread for future updates. Thanks."

The Ubisoft Support post has been updated saying the issue has been resolved. I just tried to connect on my PS3 and it still wouldn't connect. Talking to Ubi Support now, will update with what I'm told.

The Support Agent terminated our chat without even speaking to me. Never had that happen before. Trying again.

Still speaking with the second Support Agent, I got a new error while trying to sign in to the Far Cry 2 multiplayer however. Instead of "The network connection has been reset" it began saying "The Far Cry 2 multiplayer servers are not available at this time. Please try again later."

Just got "Could not retrieve PlayStation Network ticket." Seems something is happening behind the scenes.

Just finished up chatting with the second Support Agent, I was told "We did recently have the outage, so the servers could be currently coming back online slowly but surely." I'll check back again tomorrow. I hope to god these servers are still kicking.

Edited by MarkGrouch

1 hour ago, BleichpopCorpLTD said:

Hello all! Someone on Reddit has told me the servers are back on - but I’m at work and currently can’t check - Can any of you check? Thank you 1f64f.png

Just tried, not working for me. Getting the network reset message. Can you link me the reddit thread this is in?

Finally got Ubisoft Support to admit it wasn't a problem on my end after I linked them this thread, the subreddit for FC2, and images of the errors I've been getting. I was told: "At this time I will forward this up to the proper teams to further investigate. If I have any updates I will message you via email. I would also keep an eye on our forums should we have any updates there." I'll update with what I hear next!

3 hours ago, LifeIsSenseless said:

Can somebody post a site, where can get in touch with Ubisoft about this problem? An existing thread or ticket, where we can share our experiences, that the server is still offline?

I would appreciate the help.

Life

I have a Ubisoft Support ticket open currently. I've detailed my experience in this thread. My case has been escalated to their technical team and they are "working on it". I've looked on the Ubisoft forums and there's no thread on this. The official statement is that they fixed the issue (it's back up on Xbox 360) and I think they don't want to say anything more on it until they've fixed this specific issue. 

I tried to reach costumer service myself and after they send me some rubbish standard answers about Far Cry 3 :D, I got a very sad answer (sorry for the google translator, I got my answer in German):

Hi Tobias, welcome back to Ubisoft Support. Thank you for the new information. Unfortunately I have to inform you that the online service for Far Cry 2 on the Playstation 3 has been discontinued. However, you can still play the game in offline mode. If you still need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us again. Until then, stay healthy. Sincerely, Ubi TechMan Ubisoft Support

So unless anybody else has a different answer from another support member we won't see FC2 working again...I really can't understand, why Xbox services were fixed and PS3 stopped, that really makes no sense...

Life

Edited by LifeIsSenseless
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, LifeIsSenseless said:

I tried to reach costumer service myself and after they send me some rubbish standard answers about Far Cry 3 :D, I got a very sad answer (sorry for the google translator, I got my answer in German):

Hi Tobias, welcome back to Ubisoft Support. Thank you for the new information. Unfortunately I have to inform you that the online service for Far Cry 2 on the Playstation 3 has been discontinued. However, you can still play the game in offline mode. If you still need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us again. Until then, stay healthy. Sincerely, Ubi TechMan Ubisoft Support

So unless anybody else has a different answer from another support member we won't see FC2 working against...I really can't understand, why Xbox services were fixed and PS3 stopped, that really makes no sense...

Life

So Ubisoft have become bigger aholes than they already were huh? Wow I was 1 session away from having all the multiplayer of this game done. Fuck Ubisoft 

9 minutes ago, Big-Brady said:

So Ubisoft have become bigger aholes than they already were huh? Wow I was 1 session away from having all the multiplayer of this game done. Fuck Ubisoft 

shutting down a service without a notice period is considered a crime and subject to a legal case. Last year it was informed that services on PC will shutdown only. Hope some can sue them for this.