Server is down??!!!

mhm_fazli

8 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

I wouldn't really count on it, as they already sent you an unrelated answer before. As long as the game isn't listed here: https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/1241617-Online-Services-Update-Masterlist-Forums I'd say there's still a chance of it coming back. Why would a single support employee know about the shutdown but no one else? We had this situation back when the PC version were announced to be shut down. Every employee said something different, from "it's already down" over "only PC" to "all platforms". In the end the above table was the only truth.

My thoughts exactly. Thanks for pointing that out. I am still positive that it will eventually be fixed. And if they decide to shut it than Xbox/PS3 server shutdown will be announced like they did on PC.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

I wouldn't really count on it, as they already sent you an unrelated answer before. As long as the game isn't listed here: https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/1241617-Online-Services-Update-Masterlist-Forums I'd say there's still a chance of it coming back. Why would a single support employee know about the shutdown but no one else? We had this situation back when the PC version were announced to be shut down. Every employee said something different, from "it's already down" over "only PC" to "all platforms". In the end the above table was the only truth.

Yes, something similar happened with Mad Max where an employee said that trophies wouldn't be affected by the online shutdown, causing a lot of false hope. The fact that the servers are back up for Xbox is at least a little promising. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

Those Xbox people sure have got it easy with Far Cry 2. They already have the ability to create custom maps with USB and easily boost kills. Bastards lol

Not easy, but certainly easier! I did it on Xbox years ago, I just couldn't do it again on PS3..love FC2 though. The custom maps were a lifesaver. 

In my own conversations with Ubi Support they told me the Online was shut down, only to correct themselves later on realizing it had only been shut down on PC. Do not give up hope.

EDIT: Just spoke with Ubi Support about FC2 servers being shut down and was told "I'm not seeing any confirmation on that yet." There is still hope!

Edited by MarkGrouch

These support guy's literally read from a script, with copy and paste answers for the most part.  Like the person above me said, you will get different answers from basic support staff. Again, it needs to be escalated to the correct department and see if this has truly been shutdown on PS3.

They 100% most of the time do have the games that are shutdown or upcoming if it's been announced on that official page. As for XBOX, most of us should know by now that Microsoft games tend to stay online as they run the servers themselves. If you want an example, games like Fear 2 are still online on Xbox.

18 minutes ago, IgorHanma said:

Я сделал два запроса в службу поддержки, через сайт и в Твиттере, они везде говорили, что онлайн-функции закрыты. Но странно, что об этом не было объявлено. В том случае, если серверы действительно закрыты Change.org поможет ли это?

Translation:

I made two support requests, through the website and on Twitter, they all said that online functions were closed. 
But it is strange that this was not announced. In the event that the servers are indeed closed, will Change.org help?
Edited by TazDevilz1986

Got a different Support Member now and they say they are working on it: 

Hello Tobias, thank you for the reply. We'd like to help you get Far Cry 2 multiplayer back on PlayStation 3. Due to the major server issues we would have in early March, the multiplayer servers for Far Cry 2 may still be affected. Accordingly, we have also forwarded your information internally to our colleagues who will check the servers. If a solution is found, you should be able to automatically reconnect to the servers in-game. Until then, we can only apologize for the error and ask for your patience. If you have any further questions in the meantime, please feel free to contact us again. Best regards, Ubi Icebear Ubisoft Support

I keep up hope for the future. And if it will work again, I will play the shit out of this game and get it done asap :D.

17 hours ago, TheRetroManiac said:

Hopefully, if it does come back, they give people an end date if they intend on closing the servers for good. But they may never come back, and they may use this as an excuse keeping them offline.

I know this thought crosses everyone's mind when an old game's servers go down, but Ubisoft just brought back Rayman Legends up on the Vita when the servers were down for over a week.I'm sure they could have used this excuse to shut down a bunch of their older titles but they brought them up. I wouldn't worry until Ubisoft directly confirms it's not coming back up

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Nope, it's definitely not anything like another LBP situation.

Wasn't the "LBP situation" completely different? Like they shut down everything due to homophobic/transphobic creations in LBP3 and then called it quits while they were at it.

7 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Wasn't the "LBP situation" completely different? Like they shut down everything due to homophobic/transphobic creations in LBP3 and then called it quits while they were at it.

Yeah, the LBP situation was the developers realizing they created a big hole in their security that couldn't be patched out and would likely need an entire rebuild and when they sized up what it would take, pulled the plug and left up the only version that could be protected.

Ubisoft has already restored most of the servers from their big outage, which doesn't seem related to a third party, and this one just seems to have fallen off their map. I don't doubt once it gets attention, they'll bring it back up.

Just sended a ticket again, but got a useless answer back:

Thank you for providing us a video of your concern. As previously mentioned, could please provide us a screenshot showing your ports forwarded. This will help us to investigate further. We apologize for any inconvenience cause by this.

Ubi-Benzene

• Like 1

Sadly it seems Ubisoft silently has updated their online services shutdown list with Far Cry 2 PS3 version as well.
https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/article/multiplayer-and-online-services-availability-in-ubisoft-games/000064576

That being said i have done some work trying to bring a community-made online service to PS3 for Far Cry 2.

But some technical issues with how Far Cry 2 handles login is still left, and seems to be out of reach as we don't have the right decryption keys.

We have achieved this on the PC version, https://github.com/halvors/FC2MPPatcher.

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1