mhm_fazli

Server is down??!!!

252 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that, because the last time the servers took a major dump, they were offline for nearly 3 full months before Ubisoft fixed them.

When was this?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, halvorls95 said:

When was this?

About 3 years ago if I remember right but there have been other outages since then with lasted for a week or two. The FC2 servers are infamously terrible on the PS3 and prone to outages lasting several weeks or even months so I'm not worried about the current situation, because Ubisoft always come through and fix them, though it usually takes some arm twisting and getting through to higher level people since their frontline support personnel are completely clueless when faced with something like this.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

About 3 years ago if I remember right but there have been other outages since then with lasted for a week or two. The FC2 servers are infamously terrible on the PS3 and prone to outages lasting several weeks or even months so I'm not worried about the current situation, because Ubisoft always come through and fix them, though it usually takes some arm twisting and getting through to higher level people because their frontline support personnel are completely clueless when faced with something like this.


Im pretty sure a child is more competent than their support personnel.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:


Im pretty sure a child is more competent than their support personnel.

I know for a fact my Nephew is more competent than their Support Personnel and he's only 8.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I know for a fact my Nephew is more competent than their Support Personnel and he's only 8.

Support fucking sucks. They asked me 50 times for screenshots, and than after i send it, they say sorry the server shutdown and they using the copied message that i showed in here earlier. After i asked them i said i am asking about the PS3 version not the PC version they said this to me:

 

Hi there.

I apologize for the previously mentioned information as it was not correct. Indeed the servers were shut down only for PC. Could you please provide us with an image showing the issues you are having so we can have better understanding?

Ubi-Wizard

 

So all what we can do is to comment in their own forums about Far Cry 2, to bring up some attention.

 

Support replied back again:

 

Hello there.

 

Thank you for getting back to us.

 

I highly recommend that you post and share your sentiments in our game forums found here: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/

 

That way our developers can easily see it and interact with players as well.

 

Ubi-Magnesium

 

Also we should post more in here as well: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/145342/far-cry-2-multiplayer-not-working-on-ps3?lang=en-US

Edited by TazDevilz1986
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not see it saying PS3 version has shutdown on that list, all I see is PC. Either way, it's a shame it's been down since the outage they had and has not been fixed. We all wish DEVS would just give us a few months heads up like a last chance kind of thing saying the servers for these games will be gone forever, so here is your chance if you wish to play these games online.

 

I also do not mean just for us trophy hunters, I also mean the casual players who have enjoyed the online mp over the years, and they might want to have a last hurrah and say goodbye as let's be honest some games have fantastic fun mp sometimes it's just the trophies that are tedious. Either way these servers have been online for a very long time, but going forward at least on PS4 and PS5 announcements should happen.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 4/9/2022 at 3:13 PM, HoorayForTyler said:


So what if the servers have been online for 14 years…don’t think it’s too much to ask for a heads up before an imminent server shutdown for video games. 

 
Ubisoft, of all game companies, has a long and established history of giving consistent notice before any “imminent” shutdowns, which leads itself more toward this being an anomaly that was overlooked by their engineers than a malicious, unplanned closing. And I lean more toward these servers being restored than to them remaining closed. 
 

 

Edited by DaivRules
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:


So what if the servers have been online for 14 years…don’t think it’s too much to ask for a heads up before an imminent server shutdown for video games. 

 

Without this turning into an argument, my honest opinion is no, Ubisoft doesn't owe any type of heads up in this situation. Again, I rarely ever support Ubisoft, but there is no way they could have given an announcement in this situation because it was an unplanned server failure. There would be zero reason for a company to waste any resources trying to bring back servers for a PS3 game that is 14 years old. I understand the frustration, but what were people expecting.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well TBH Xbox got their servers back up, so I think it's only right PS3 gets the same treatment, I will always stand by that every DEV/PUBLISHER should always give a heads-up no matter how old the game is or how long the servers have been up for. It's just the decent thing to do and allows trophy hunters and the casuals a chance to play it before it dies and is lost forever. That being said, 14 years is very good given most games don't last that long, but yeah.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The issue can still be fixed, and the best way is to still contact them even though sometimes the answers are dumb depending on who from ubisoft support is responding.

 

After the massive ubisoft outage on March 3rd, most of their game servers have been back up within 12 hours, but I know three old games that have been down for a lot of time: Far Cry 2 (ps3, x360), Rayman Legends (vita, ps3, wiiu, x360) and Watch Dogs 1 (all platforms)

 

After a lot of messages to @UbisoftSupport on twitter (and a lot of unhelpful, completely wrong/false answers sometimes), Everything is now back up except for far cry 2 ps3. Do not lose hope and still contact them for this game!

 

Rayman legends (vita) fixed on March 10th

Rayman legends (ps3) fixed on March 11th

Far Cry 2 (x360) fixed on March 17th

Rayman Legends (wiiu, x360) fixed on April 4th

Watch Dogs (all platforms) fixed on April 4th

 

Edited by MepH-66
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd really love if this thread was more about providing information on whether the servers were back or not instead of it being "ubisoft wont fix it" vs "ubisoft will fix it". It's just a waste of everyone's time. We'll see in time whether it gets fixed or not, but until then can we just stick to updates and information regarding the servers themselves please?

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

 Ubisoft, of all game companies, has a long and established history of giving consistent notice before any “imminent” shutdowns, which leads itself more toward this being an anomaly that was overlooked by their engineers and a malicious, unplanned closing. And I lean more toward these servers being restored than to them remaining closed. 


Agreed, possibly just something being overlooked. I have high hopes that the servers will be restored soon. 
 

2 hours ago, GinjAJ said:

Without this turning into an argument, my honest opinion is no, Ubisoft doesn't owe any type of heads up in this situation. Again, I rarely ever support Ubisoft, but there is no way they could have given an announcement in this situation because it was an unplanned server failure. There would be zero reason for a company to waste any resources trying to bring back servers for a PS3 game that is 14 years old. I understand the frustration, but what were people expecting.


And I respect your opinion my friend. If it was unplanned, I could understand the lack of information regarding the servers being offline. But it would be nice to have a little bit of transparency regarding the situation if they really do know what’s going on. We’re not owed an explanation, but the people playing the games do deserve some information to an extent. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GinjAJ said:

There would be zero reason for a company to waste any resources trying to bring back servers for a PS3 game that is 14 years old.

 

Well, there is: Credibility. And, no offense, I think it's interesting how there's always someone who says "the game is x years old, you had enough time, get over it" and already got the trophies, sometimes even recently-ish (I know you didn't say it in those words but it's what you meant, right?). No one can change the situation, if they could they'd do it, but trying to analyze the situation is the least we can do, even players like us who already got the online trophies. Everyone going for trophies knows how frustrating it is to fight unobtainable trophies so why not trying to support them because tomorrow your next forgotten game in the backlog might be affected.

 

2 hours ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

I'd really love if this thread was more about providing information on whether the servers were back or not instead of it being "ubisoft wont fix it" vs "ubisoft will fix it". It's just a waste of everyone's time. We'll see in time whether it gets fixed or not, but until then can we just stick to updates and information regarding the servers themselves please?

 

As I said above analyzing the situation and trying to change it is a good thing, so if you don't want to participate you can always unfollow this thread and check the game for yourself. If you can connect to the multiplayer part it's fixed otherwise it isn't. Or just check the recent achievers of online trophies, if there's a bunch of new ones it's most likely fixed.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Far Cry 2 is literally the oldest game in Ubisoft’s library that still had working online servers until early last month. For a game from 2008, that is pretty impressive.

 

Ubisoft is a different company now from what they were back in 2008. I can easily guess most of their Customer Support team is composed of young 20 some year olds who have next to no clue how these older games worked. They were literally kids back when Far Cry 2 came out who likely had to still beg their parents to buy games for them. 
 

Personally I have lost respect for Ubisoft for a number of reasons. One notable reason being they’re a massive billion dollar company that does things by the numbers, so to speak. It doesn’t matter what a few thousand people think, the millions of drones who don’t ask questions and blindly purchase their latest games make them much more profit. 
 

In regards to Far Cry 2, I think it’s safe to say those servers are shut down permanently. It sucks, but sometimes we don’t always get what we want. Now I’m basically convinced to try to boost those online trophies in Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood before those servers go kaput. I also have Rayman Legends on my backlog, another game I really need to get going on because of online trophies. 
 

Customer Support wasn’t sure about Mad Max. Now it’s unobtainable. Mortal Kombat 2011’s online servers were shut down abruptly. The online servers for Uncharted: Fight for Fortune were shut down without any notice whatsoever, and that is a Sony PlayStation exclusive. 
 

If there’s anything this past year or two has taught me in regards to trophies, it’s that no PS3 or PS Vita game is safe. Who knows how much longer we can transfer our Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 saves to the PS3/Vita to autopop those trophies. Sound Shapes servers were shut down in 2019, making that impossible to do. 
 

If I can’t get Brotherhood done in time that will mark the fourth unobtainable on my trophy profile. Not that I was going to boost the PS3 version of Grand Theft Auto V, because it was far too risky what with the hackers and modders.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Update: 

 

Hey there,

 

Thanks for keeping up to date on the posts on the forum. Rest assured that the dev team is aware of the multiplayer issue on FC2 PlayStation 3 and that they are currently investigating. We'd like to ask for your patience and understanding as we wait for a fix. 

 

Thank you as well for your understanding regarding this issue. If anything else comes up, feel free to reach out.

 

Let us know if you have further questions or concerns.

 

Ubi-Laine

 

 

Also for anyone wondering, with saying game is 10-14 years old, they don't bothering fixing it. Same thing for Grid Autosport, Battlefield Bad Company. Take a look here for example:

 

 

 

 

Edited by TazDevilz1986
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, woggly4 said:

As I said above analyzing the situation and trying to change it is a good thing, so if you don't want to participate you can always unfollow this thread and check the game for yourself. If you can connect to the multiplayer part it's fixed otherwise it isn't. Or just check the recent achievers of online trophies, if there's a bunch of new ones it's most likely fixed.


It's not helpful at all, its not analyzation, its just a back and forth argument that accomplishes nothing. I have been checking the game, but I work a lot and cannot check the game every hour or every day. Checking the recent achievers is slower than simply clicking the bookmarked link to this thread, thats specifically about whether the game is back online.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:


It's not helpful at all, its not analyzation, its just a back and forth argument that accomplishes nothing. I have been checking the game, but I work a lot and cannot check the game every hour or every day. Checking the recent achievers is slower than simply clicking the bookmarked link to this thread, thats specifically about whether the game is back online.

 

The latest achievers I've seen for Far Cry 2 in regards to online trophies date to early March. It's been over 30 days, and it truly sucks that this game still hasn't had online back up. It only takes a few seconds to look at these specific achievers, saying that is too slow just implies laziness unless you're that busy you cannot check at least once a day for a few minutes of your time.

 

We cannot accomplish anything, because at the end of the day we're just trophy hunters who just share a hobby and do a bit more than the average gamer.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Latest post by Ubisoft Support Staff:
 
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Karl 1318 posts
Apr 18, 2022, 3:34 PM

 

''Hey guys!

I do fully appreciate where you're coming from there with the need for more visibility, however we do not have any further communication visible and are still waiting for further updates, so anything in relation to how long it may take for this to be addressed, what will be the case going forward and other details it isn't something we will be aware of as of right now, I'm afraid.

As far as the post you're referring to Faqtur-matur, it has been confirmed that details that were provided by Halvors have been forwarded by Ubi-Mushi, as it may indeed aid further investigation.

We will try to keep you in the loop guys as we go and thank you for bearing with us for the time being.''

 

 

 

 

We need to bring up some more noise in here guys, so post your comments in here if you haven't done it yet: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/145342/far-cry-2-multiplayer-not-working-on-ps3/25?lang=en-US&page=2

Edited by TazDevilz1986
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:
Latest post by Ubisoft Support Staff:
 
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Karl 1318 posts
Apr 18, 2022, 3:34 PM

 

''Hey guys!

I do fully appreciate where you're coming from there with the need for more visibility, however we do not have any further communication visible and are still waiting for further updates, so anything in relation to how long it may take for this to be addressed, what will be the case going forward and other details it isn't something we will be aware of as of right now, I'm afraid.

As far as the post you're referring to Faqtur-matur, it has been confirmed that details that were provided by Halvors have been forwarded by Ubi-Mushi, as it may indeed aid further investigation.

We will try to keep you in the loop guys as we go and thank you for bearing with us for the time being.''

We need to bring up some more noise in here guys, so post your comments in here if you haven't done it yet: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/145342/far-cry-2-multiplayer-not-working-on-ps3/25?lang=en-US&page=2

 

I think bringing more noise is just gonna annoy the support staff, especially when they clearly said they arent aware of any details. You just have to be patient, it could be months before its fixed

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.