Server is down??!!!

mhm_fazli

On 21/04/2022 at 0:50 PM, TazDevilz1986 said:

A lot of people did this with Rayman Legends and Watch Dogs those games are more active than Far Cry 2. That's the reason why these games were back up quikly. I don't think it would matter, because they have a ton of topics with questions about their own games in their forums from people. The more people bring up attention for the game the quiker they will try to reach the team. It's better than reach them on Twitter, because you will just waste your time that way. And the discussion topic about Far Cry 2 is in my opinion worth it if you just comment there, instead of here.

I do know that it will take some time before the servers are back online for Far Cry 2, this has happened in the past many times that the server came back up after a few months. But if anyone wants to give a opinion about the situation they can do so in that forum. It's their job to handle all of that as a Support Stuff or Community Manager. I don't think they will get annoyed by it. Because they do care about their titles and also fixing them or announce a shutdown for any of their titles. It was a suggestion, because there aren't many comments over there. And it's their job to do that, and most of the time they just reply with 1 statement about the situation.

Those games came back sooner because they were made later and it was easier for them to bring them back. Far Cry 2 is much older so it's going to take time. I read through that forum before you even linked it and I got the impression that the support staff are just getting badgered by people asking for updates when they have little information themselves, and are just getting told to say the same things in response. I don't believe getting a bunch of people to constantly message in there every day will be productive, messaging in there every so often will have a positive effect though.

The only thing that's going to get this sorted is to give this time, and as the last Ubi support member said when they have an update they will post it there. As someone who's worked in support, I guarantee you that you'll just end up annoying them. Just because its their job it doesn't mean that they can't or won't get annoyed at repeatedly telling people that they know nothing, but will share information when they do know something. Please don't encourage others to essentially harass the staff, who are the only link we have to any info we may receive on the servers returning.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 9:38 PM, TazDevilz1986 said:

I respect your opinion I understand your point of view as well because you taking it carefully as Far Cry 2 has been fixed many times by itself in the past, and you just wanna wait it out while Ubisoft is still investigating. But in my eyes it’s always better to put more pressure on them. Some games have been fixed quiker that way and some eventually very late. Lets hope they come back, because I am in the same situation like you having the MP uncompleted on my account. And I do care a lot to finish it trust me.

I won’t be bumping this forum until I know more about the situation or any of you guys because this will be a useless post. All I can say is lets just hope it comes back up asap.

One of the examples is this game and it was a big succes Ubisoft refused to fix it, but somehow people never gave up. Tom Clancys Splintercell Blacklist:

Just retweet Ubisoft on Twitter, posting on forums. Don't give up guys.

• Like 4

So I'm guessing this is dead in the water, then it's been awhile now, and the latest post from Ubisoft support on their forums doesn't sound great at all.

Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Froggard 2062 posts
Apr 25, 2022, 4:01 PM

Nothing much I'm afraid @erickbr500. With it being an older game, I had to ask another team to look into it, and they replied to me yesterday saying they would chase up for an answer for me, so as soon as I hear anything back I can let you know here.

Well we would need a miracle at this point, but it would be cool even if they put them back up and then gave a date for their shutdown it's the least this game deserves it's an awesome game in my book maybe not to everybody's taste, but I always liked the single player portion of the game even if most hated the game overall but just wanted series completion.

I do hope it comes back, but it's been so long and with the recent rumour mill of Ubisoft selling up along those lines/rebrand I'm not hopeful, but fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why my posts keeps being deleted, and i have not gotten any pm's from any moderator explaining that i am in breach of any rules.

I'll try to write it yet again (3rd attempts now). When the Far Cry 2 PC version was shut down last June, the Steam version was unavailable for about 6 months before they announced the shutdown. I believe the same is happening for PS3 now. This issue should be quite easy for Ubisoft to solve, everything is the same as before PC was announced shut down. Ubisoft keeps refusing that it has been shut down (too me when a service is unreachable for an extended period of time that is pretty similar to a "shut down"), and are probably going to give up in fixing it soon, and finally official announce that it already has been shut down.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, halvorls95 said:

Ubisoft keeps refusing that it has been shut down

There have been several responses from Ubisoft support acknowledging that they haven’t been able to bring this one back from when all of their titles went down, but they are still working on it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, VentusTheHawk said:

Are the servers down for good ?

It's been three months with zero progress towards restoring connectivity. Considering this game is nearing 15 years old, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a permanent closure.

Any completionists who haven't started FC2 yet, cut your losses and move on to other projects.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Helyx said:

It's been three months with zero progress towards restoring connectivity. Considering this game is nearing 15 years old, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a permanent closure.

Any completionists who haven't started FC2 yet, cut your losses and move on to other projects.

This^

As much as I want to maintain hope, it's pretty clear now that Ubisoft have washed their hands of this game and moved on :(.

• 2 weeks later...

What if we will find a way to make our own servers of FC2 like PC players did and like GameSpy online ps3 games were resurrected? Who we need to speak with? Is there a hope that PSN profiles team will make this method legitimate and what we need to do to make them admit this way of earning trophies in FC2 legitimate?

Edited by Anton_games337

38 minutes ago, Anton_games337 said:

What if we will find a way to make our own servers of FC2 like PC players did and like GameSpy online ps3 games were resurrected? Who we need to speak with? Is there a hope that PSN profiles team will make this method legitimate and what we need to do to make them admit this way of earning trophies in FC2 legitimate?

That could be a option but i doubt it. I personally don't wanna mess around with that stuff, if it's a private server it won't be accepted on PSNProfiles. For now it's the best to stay patience and wait it out. No one knows anything what the situation will be, only guesses for now which is understandable because the server is down for more than 3 months. They are still investigating it, so who knows it might come back in the future. Driver San Fransisco fix might give some hope. It was down recently and after people report it to Ubisoft that it was down, Ubisoft fixed the issue, that's a 11 year old game. So lets just give it some more time. For now there is nothing we can do than just wait.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

1 hour ago, Anton_games337 said:

A private server will only be permitted if everything is open source. If it's closed source, you can forget it.

• Like 1

The trophy guide for FC2 on the other website has added "unobtainable due to server closure". This has been made in error, and is not based on any official source whatsoever. Just wanted to post that information here just in case anyone saw it and started worrying or panicking. They have less knowledge than we do on this situation.

3 hours ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

The trophy guide for FC2 on the other website has added "unobtainable due to server closure". This has been made in error, and is not based on any official source whatsoever. Just wanted to post that information here just in case anyone saw it and started worrying or panicking. They have less knowledge than we do on this situation.

I'm the one who updated the Guide on .org and I'm fully aware of what's going on with these servers but considering it has been nearly 4 months now since they crashed (which is the longest they've ever been down) and Ubisoft have done sod all in that time except fob players off with excuses, it's time to accept the fact this game finished. If the servers do come back up (and that's a big IF), I'll see to it the Guide is updated accordingly.

It should also be noted the PSNP+ extension has also been updated to show the Plat as unobtainable.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I'm the one who updated the Guide on .org and I'm fully aware of what's going on with these servers but considering it has been nearly 4 months now since they crashed (which is the longest they've ever been down) and Ubisoft have done sod all in that time except fob players off with excuses, it's time to accept the fact this game finished. If the servers do come back up (and that's a big IF), I'll see to it the Guide is updated accordingly.

It should also be noted the PSNP+ extension has also been updated to show the Plat as unobtainable.

I left the guide with a note in a new section highlighting all of the online trophies over again and saying that’s it pretty much abandoned by this point.

Im not gonna add the tags until I know for sure, though.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

They have less knowledge than we do on this situation.

None of us know a damn thing other than the server is currently down. Not even Ubisoft knows what's going on dude, lol.

• Like 3

This game will not come back for reasons that are not up to Ubisoft but to the software/way the Playstation 3 is being maintained. Move on, you've had 14 years to complete this multiplayer.

25 minutes ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

Posts like this aren't helpful at all, do not post here unless you actually have some information or something helpful to say. The "you've had X years to do X, Y and Z" is just a useless comment that is dismissive for no reason. If you're not invested in this whatsoever, and you have nothing nice to say then go elsewhere.

There is no help in this situation, literally no one can help you. just the truth that this game is dead. the most you and others can do is speculate and speculate, which will bring no practical result. don't be offended.

1 minute ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

You're speculating. Until Ubisoft officially announces the servers are shut down, the game is not dead. There have been many instances of online games coming back after months or years of it being offline. Ubisoft have been bringing back all the games that went down during the attack they suffered at the start of the year, that is a fact. Ubisoft have always announced server closures before shutting down their servers, that is a fact. All you're doing is stating your unhelpful opinion in a topic you have no investment in. Stop posting in here unless you have something of worth to add.

i have "something worth" to add. the fact that you refuse to understand is that the PlayStation 3 itself is deteriorated and unmaintainable by developers. there are no more ways to fix problems that need updates. unless this particular issue can be resolved without the need for patches, there is nothing else to be done. and you have to be realistic and accept the fact that there's no reason for a game over a decade old to have its online mode reset because of half a dozen weirdos boosting trophies, which would incur cost and time. why invest in it?