Server is down??!!!

mhm_fazli

23 minutes ago, xItsLesterx said:

Tell me about it 1f602.png I was ready quit towards the end of the last couple of weapons if it wasn’t for the guys I was boosting it with. Grind was excessive. Personally, don’t care about stacking or auto popping trophies but wouldn’t mind me a remake of it 1f60c.png 

Far Cry Brixton has a much better ring to it. 

2 hours ago, M-C83 said:

Look the server being shut is actually saving your sanity. Trust me the grind was painful. You should all be glad and move on. I’d love to see a remake without the MP though. Come on Ubisoft. 1f600.png

This grind was so bad that I can't go back to start the campaign.

2 hours ago, Alex_Gorbatschow said:

Give me trophi or death!

This will surely help...

Lol, hilarious. I can only remember the attacks on Littlebigplanet before the server ended for good.

1 hour ago, Tiricy said:

Please guys sharing on this link. https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/145342/far-cry-2-multiplayer-not-working-on-ps3/81?lang=en-US&page=5 I hope everyone comment on website ubisoft.

It isnt coming back, give up. Theyve removed the server support team, its gone. Thank Sony with their ban on new patches on ps3 for this one. 

On 22-6-2022 at 2:38 AM, kevao97 said:

This grind was so bad that I can't go back to start the campaign.

I feel you... it took me 5,5 years after boosting the mp to finally get back to the sp and get the platinum :) 

I really hope the servers come back for all those who still want to complete it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheRetroManiac said:

I finally left a message on the board, but it's being held for approval, as it's my first post there. I see some rude comments those will not help, I understand people are pissed off but being that way won't help the situation at all.

Submitted a reply in that thread as well and yeah I saw that same comment...pretty silly

18 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

Somehow, Far Cry 2 was spared the chopping block with the new Ubi shutdowns. I wonder why? Either way, let's hope they fix it or there is no difference lol.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/gameplay/article/decommissioning-of-online-services-september-2022/000102396

How weird that they did not just put it on the chopping block when number 3 is on their lol.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

Somehow, Far Cry 2 was spared the chopping block with the new Ubi shutdowns. I wonder why? Either way, let's hope they fix it or there is no difference lol.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/gameplay/article/decommissioning-of-online-services-september-2022/000102396

I believe that means theres some hope, as other games released before some of these but are still online and aren't listed here like HAWX 1 and 2.

Edited by I-SilentEcho-I
  • Like 2

On 1/7/2022 at 5:01 PM, I-SilentEcho-I said:

I believe that means theres some hope, as other games released before some of these but are still online and aren't listed here like HAWX 1 and 2.

You know what? by the fact there is FAR CRY 3 on the decommissioning list but no FAR CRY 2, I actually think they thought that they closed the Far Cry 2 servers way time ago but they forgot they don't

• Like 1

There's a difference between Uplay integration and online servers. There's at least one example of an old Ubisoft game (R.U.S.E.) they announced to shut down, and in fact the Uplay integration is down but you can still play online and get all trophies. If I remember correctly, FC2's said Uplay integration is already out of order, when you try to access it in-game it will automatically restart the game. Chances are that you will still be able to play FC3's coop after September but will be unable to earn and redeem Uplay points. Just a guess, though.

12 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

There's a difference between Uplay integration and online servers. There's at least one example of an old Ubisoft game (R.U.S.E.) they announced to shut down, and in fact the Uplay integration is down but you can still play online and get all trophies. If I remember correctly, FC2's said Uplay integration is already out of order, when you try to access it in-game it will automatically restart the game. Chances are that you will still be able to play FC3's coop after September but will be unable to earn and redeem Uplay points. Just a guess, though.

uPlay was replaced with Ubisoft Connect in 2020, and all the old games with uPlay had the integration discontinued. You were automatically given the unlockable rewards, and all the challenges that rewarded uPlay points were automatically completed for you, or removed entirely. There aren't that many games currently that have the new Connect integration, but any that do were released after the change over.

I can't see the server shutdown that Ubi announced being tied to uPlay/Connect like the older ones could be.

Hopefully FC2 is something that Ubi can fix without the need of a patch, as Sony no longer allow those on PS3.

• Like 1

I'm amazed the servers came back up, because I was 100% convinced that Ubisoft would have just cut their losses after the outage and left them off forever but I'm man enough to admit when I was dead wrong the whole time :). My apologies to everyone I angered over the last couple of months regarding this matter.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1