Server is down??!!!

mhm_fazli

24 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

For all the shit people want to heap on Ubisoft, they are remarkable for their tenacity to (intermittently) keep servers up for years and years and generally give announcements at least several months before shut downs. 

Yeah, gotta give credit where it's due. Good on them.

Happy for the people who got sacked after the servers went down without warning, was weird not seeing far cry 2 on the shutdown announcement but turns out they actually fixed it. A tip from someone who got all the online trophies, get ADVENTURER and MAPPER first as the map community can go down without the server going down itself.

Took me two weeks getting all the trophies but i reckon it can be done even faster, so godspeed for everyone doing this.

12 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

For all the shit people want to heap on Ubisoft, they are remarkable for their tenacity to (intermittently) keep servers up for years and years and generally give announcements at least several months before shut downs. 

Ubisoft have been amazing in this regard imo. And extremely responsive when there have been issues with games to get the, back again - Rayman Legends, Splinter Cell Blacklist. I was still holding out hope after FC2 wasn't on the list of servers they were closing. I know people argued they would add it retrospectively but it just didn't make any sense after also working to get the xbox version up again and not give any notice for that? It would have been easier just to cut it months ago when it went down. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Letenko22 said:

Happy suffering to all you completionists going for this. It's nowhere near as bad as people say it is, but it's really boring and quite tedious. I hope most of you can at least self-boost most of the kills and not take turns, as that will take ages.

A funny story about this, I self boosted this with 3 consoles during a huge heatwave here, so I felt really immersed in the African climate... including the mosquitos and excluding the malaria. One of the consoles I used was my phat OG PS3 and that thing couldn't stand the heat and instead of repasting the CPU like a sane person, I ended up wrapping a beer can in a dry towel and placing it on top of the console, exchanging it every couple of hours for a different can whenever it stopped cooling. I went through about 20 cans total during the sessions, but I am proud to say that it ended up working and I am the first person to beer-cool my PS3. At least I hope I am.

lol I did something similar but they were damp cloths ;p

Now I wonder since they came back, did Ubisoft apply any manual fix to get the servers back online or did they fix themselves? The game goes to crap nearly every year but seems to fix itself so maybe it did that again this time... Anyway my guess is that you have until September 1st, 2022 to get the online trophies because that's the same date that a bunch of their other games are shutting down. The online by taking turns with other people to get the trophies takes about 60-80 hours to do with 1 console each, there's of course enough time to put in those hours but it's definitely a game that benefits from self boosting significantly more to cut that time in half. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

I earned 1730 XP, and it counted to my rank level. Has anyone the same? I mean if it counts than this is good i guess.

It counts until you log out and then the XP gets deducted from your total afterwards, this is how people do the Rank 30 glitch because the game is weird and somehow makes getting a negative XP score as your total rollover into rank 30... But regardless you'll be keeping your XP until you quit the game for now. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sergen said:

It counts until you log out and then the XP gets deducted from your total afterwards, this is how people do the Rank 30 glitch because the game is weird and somehow makes getting a negative XP score as your total rollover into rank 30... But regardless you'll be keeping your XP until you quit the game for now. 

Ah ok, didn't really pay attention to that :) , need some sleep badly tho have been going all night as well. I know it's crazy.... But for a few times i will just switch up my sleep schedule for Far Cry 2, and i hate to do that really. But i most keep going.

15 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Makes the ppl who came into this thread to stir up trouble and spread negativity look really dumb. I’m so happy everyone gets another chance at the online!

It's great the servers are back, but people like myself didn't come into this thread to stir up trouble, nor did we spread negativity.

I also do not feel dumb in the slightest. lol. I mean why would I? On the contrary I'm happy you can get your trophies.

Spreading the reality that corporations are not your friend is not spreading negativity. The chance of the servers magically being resurrected is very low indeed. This time you were lucky, next time might be different.

Get those trophies while you still can! And, on any game that has online trophies!

It's only your own fault if you leave it to the last minute and lose out a second time.

Ubisoft are not your friend, 1 server up, 15 servers down.

https://www.givemesport.com/88029979-ubisoft-shutting-down-servers-and-multiplayer-for-15-games

[edit]

Ok, so I can't seem to find where I posted in this thread, so maybe I didn't even post here at all?

I can't remember. So yeah I do feel a bit dumb actually lol. But for a different reason.

Edited by enaysoft

9 hours ago, Sergen said:

Now I wonder since they came back, did Ubisoft apply any manual fix to get the servers back online or did they fix themselves? The game goes to crap nearly every year but seems to fix itself so maybe it did that again this time... Anyway my guess is that you have until September 1st, 2022 to get the online trophies because that's the same date that a bunch of their other games are shutting down. The online by taking turns with other people to get the trophies takes about 60-80 hours to do with 1 console each, there's of course enough time to put in those hours but it's definitely a game that benefits from self boosting significantly more to cut that time in half. 

yeah probably these servers fixed themselves, I don't know if it was in this thread or another but I had commented on this possibility. over the years far cry 2 has turned off and on multiple times, and i doubt that all those times ubisoft moved its ass to do anything. it must be a case where the responsible team is not even aware that this game still works and is turned on.