Online Trophies?

XEXU_DEMON_X10

40 minutes ago, gatsby132star said:

As I understand MyFACTION is an online mode so one can assume any trophies listed relating to that mode are most likely to be trophies that can only be earned online.

This is correct.  MyFaction is supported by online servers.  It's essentially the same as Ultimate Team concepts from other 2K sports games.  Microtransactions are optional, but I have a feeling it will be a real grind without them.

• Like 1

MyFaction is Online...but it's also a Single Player mode, so there's no traditional online trophies...like having to win 100 ranked matches or anything. 

Now, I don't play other sports games, so I don't know anything about Ultimate Team...are Lifetime challenges supposed to be difficult or something? 

58 minutes ago, Viper said:

MyFaction is Online...but it's also a Single Player mode, so there's no traditional online trophies...like having to win 100 ranked matches or anything. 

Now, I don't play other sports games, so I don't know anything about Ultimate Team...are Lifetime challenges supposed to be difficult or something? 

Well I play NBA 2K22 so I’m guessing the pass system will stay the same as in this game. Basically, there are seasons in the NBA game and you have to get to Level 40 to get the grand prize of having an opal card for example. The only way you can get it is by completing seasonal challenges with new packs every week. They don’t need to be bought but they help significantly in completing challenges since they bring new challenges with every new type of packs that require certain cards from those sets. It’s now Season 5 in that game and they’ve made XP more plentiful but back in the 1st one you needed to do almost every challenge including the ones with the packs. That’s how they make their money from the my team portion of the game and it’ll definitely be the same premise as this one.

TL;DR They will make a battle pass type system with making money off weekly packs in order to complete certain challenges, only if it is similar to MyTeam.

• Like 1

Seems like MyFaction is like the online portion of 2k20, I guess you can farm a lot of things playing those "monthly PPV related" towers (the Lifetime Challenges) so it will be something just like the previous game.

You can do things by yourself against CPUs but other things should be done the weekend of a real PPV

• 1 month later...

Can anyone confirm if I can get the 'online' trophies through A.I battles or does it truly require me to face off against random people online? Because if that's the case I'm not bothering with the game because the servers are horrific. 

3 minutes ago, Xionzenn said:

Can anyone confirm if I can get the 'online' trophies through A.I battles or does it truly require me to face off against random people online? Because if that's the case I'm not bothering with the game because the servers are horrific. 

All online (MyFaction) trophies are against AI only.  You don’t even have the option to play those against another player.

@djb5fPhraise the lord, finally a game where I dont have to play against random people to ensure I get a trophy. I used to be so competitive back in the THQ days of SvR and it wasn't good for my phyique ?. Thank you for answering my question, I'm going to buy the game now