Are the servers still up?

grukev

I recently picked up the game again since i have to borrow it from someone.

I finished most of the offline stuff and wanted to pickup the online but i am unable to connect to the ubisoft servers. 

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/127821/ubisoft-servers-unavailable-watch-dogs-1-online/12?lang=en-US

According to this the servers have been disabled.

Are you guys still able to get online and find a session?

Online contracts are working fine on XB1 but the notoriety system is broken as hell over there. As for Playstation, I'm able to create private sessions for all game modes, just can't matchmake for the time being. Five years of playing this and it's always been on Ubisoft's end; Skill tree resets, Broken notoriety/deducting system, Unknown waiting time, etc. Never fixed, thanks to them ? So they can happen at any given time. 

Servers usually plummet every few months and then bounce back up for a few days later. So if you message customer support expecting a straight ETA, you can forget it. Because all they'll do is mail some scripted bs telling you to restart your internet, change the ports/NAT, and hope for the best. All their trying to do is stall us for more time and potentially ruin our internets. 

In conclusion, All we can do is wait. 

Edited by demonoutcast
  • Like 1

speaking of matchmaking i wasn't able to connect with myself normally. had to private session myself for bad blood DLC. kinda concerned for watch dogs 2 since i plan to play that in a month or two.

not sure how this impacts the online trophy's for the main game. it could be impacted if cant match.

Edited by Lordguwa

20 minutes ago, Lordguwa said:

speaking of matchmaking i wasn't able to connect with myself normally. had to private session myself for bad blood DLC. kinda concerned for watch dogs 2 since i plan to play that in a month or two.

not sure how this impacts the online trophy's for the main game. it could be impacted if cant match.

Ubisoft is having massive server problems with a lot of their games right now so it's either impossible or very difficult to play them online.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

I saw a statement yesterday that their issues should be fixed, but they have disabled the servers for the ps4 and pc. 

Nobody got any online throphies since the 3th of March. 

I hope they will be back soon since i am about to complete the game (only the online throphies left)

Edited by grukev
Message was incorrect after a while

not sure about invasions but if the same issues are still present you should be able to do the co-op trophy for tailing and the DLC co-op provided you invite them to a friend game.

edit: i'm seeing alot of people having completed it before march 2nd. not hopeful the online may still be up and working.

Edited by Lordguwa
  • Like 1

On 29/03/2022 at 3:53 AM, grukev said:

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/watch-dogs/news/watch-dogs-degradation-of-online-services/000101491

Such a great support...

I am honestly expecting that the servers never come back. It has been 4 weeks already.

Good news, Ubisoft removed the warning about Watch Dogs servers from their page