Is This Safe To Play Yet ?

42 minutes ago, skin_it_up said:

Like the title says is this safe to play 1 month later I been waiting since release but don’t wanna play with all these bugged trophies 

Hard to say. Personally i had almost no issues. Beat the game last night and got the two infamous collectible trophies. Just back up your save before any story trophy in case they dont pop. Really great gameplay.

28 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Hard to say. Personally i had almost no issues. Beat the game last night and got the two infamous collectible trophies. Just back up your save before any story trophy in case they dont pop. Really great gameplay.

That’s good news I suppose mite actually start it tonight then lol will back up saves like you said been itching to play it cheers 

I also didn't run into any major issues as I spent almost the entirety of my time playing it single player/offline. Coop really tends to bug the game out and can effect the trackers for some trophies. I wouldn't recommend playing it in coop unless you absolutely have to if you're concerned with getting the platinum. 

With that said, I did run into one of the most widespread bugs and it nearly locked me out of one collectible and ultimately the trophy. Had to go into coop and get it somebody else's game but it's easily avoidable if you assign the Garrison district to the PK's and not the Survivors. Aside from that, I had no other issues as far as bugs and glitches. Just do your research before you do all the collectibles. There's a lot of missable ones and a couple buggy ones but there's now plenty of information online that will help you avoid any issues playing it. 

I also recommend doing 2 playthrough's, you can save scum and do it all in one but there's too much stuff to keep track of. Your first playthrough just play the game normally and max out your stamina and skill xp while doing all the open-world and miscellaneous trophies and then a 2nd playthrough focusing entirely on the collectibles and maxing out your health to get that opposite trophy. This way you're already knowledgeable on the game and you'd be much less likely to miss stuff. It'll also cut down your inevitable rubberbanding you'll have to do at the end by like 10 hours by doing a 2nd playthrough as your distance traveled carries over multiple save files. 

Oh wow still sounds broken I’m not gonna play until it’s actually playable and trophies work thanks guys for the heads up appreciate it I just got MotoGP 21 so will play that hopefully it’s working in a week or two 

Edited by skin_it_up
Spelling mistake

I had absolutely no issues. I waited 1 week, they dropped an additional patch that fixed a lot of issues. Started once the patch installed, no trophies bugged, no gameplay bugs. I had an audio issue once that was resolved by restarting the game, and I had a couple instances of screen tearing in performance mode. But nothing reduced my overall experience.

I had a gut feeling joining other players games might be the cause of a lot of issues, so I didn't do the 100 coop kills until it was the very last thing I needed. When I was getting help for the 1mill $$ trophy, I had them join my game.

Yes, just make backups every few story quests and before getting the last collectible/finishing a side activity in case trophies don't pop. Try to keep track of where you're at and what trophies you should have earned the best you can. The majority of the game was fine for me trophy-wise, everything but three side activity trophies popped so far (all windmills, all bandit camps, and assigning all facilities) which could have easily been avoided had I remembered to back up my save before finishing each of those. 

Also co-op seems to still be buggy and might mess up your single player game so I'd advise saving those two for last.

Edited by SnakeSound222

Great game, but I still have 1 story trophy bugeed, few side quests I can't finish, because of missing NPC - some of those quest have mementos, so I can't finish Mememto trophy (114/117). There should be a big update this week on PC (next on consoles) so rather wait few days until they release this. https://twitter.com/DyingLightGame/status/1499776760082317317

Several Problems. 

- Person of Interest Quest doesn't work. 

- To kill or not to kill Quest doesn't show up. 

- Multiplayer has massive Connection Issues. Haven't been able to join the game of friends. 

- Man on a Mission trophy is glitched since the last person won't show up. 

Beside that there is still not trophy guide for this game which is bad since it has multiple trophies that are missable. I for example am forced to start a new game cause I don't have enough inhibitors left to max out either stamina or health. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Leo3572 said:

Several Problems. 

- Person of Interest Quest doesn't work. 

- To kill or not to kill Quest doesn't show up. 

- Multiplayer has massive Connection Issues. Haven't been able to join the game of friends. 

- Man on a Mission trophy is glitched since the last person won't show up. 

Beside that there is still not trophy guide for this game which is bad since it has multiple trophies that are missable. I for example am forced to start a new game cause I don't have enough inhibitors left to max out either stamina or health. 

PowerPyx's has had a guide out for it since it launched which highlights all the missable stuff. I suggest you Google it. 

It's good to do 2 playthrough's anyway as it'll cut down your grind for the Ultramarathon trophy later and you'll have a much better scope of the game which will make it much less likely you'll miss anything especially if following PowerPyx's guide. You'll have to abuse cloud saves in order to max out both health and stamina in one playthrough. It's otherwise not possible to max both on one save file otherwise you'll have to do yet another new game. 

You can get around the bug for the Persons of Interest quiz by giving the Garrison district to the PK's and not the Survivors. If you give it to the PK's, the collectible is just sitting on the table for you to collect and you don't have to do the quiz altogether avoiding the bug entirely. If not, it's always possible to get it in somebody's else's game which is what I personally had to do for that particular collectible as it also bugged out for me. That is probably the most widespread bug in the game. 

The To Kill Or Not To Kill quest bugs out if you complete the Metro underneath the Fish Eye. Simply don't do that Metro and the quest should spawn immediately after the main mission where you have to defend the Fish Eye from the Renegades. If it doesn't, reboot the game so it resets and the quest should be there. 

The general rule of thumb is to stay off multiplayer unless you absolutely have to and save the multiplayer trophies for last just to be safe. Multiplayer notoriously bugs the game out and it's much safer to play single player only for the majority of this game if you're going for platinum for it as to greatly lessen your chances of getting any glitched trophies or other general issues. 

On 2022-03-06 at 5:14 PM, skin_it_up said:

I’m not gonna play until it’s actually playable and trophies work

Me and you both. I started the game but I quickly put I down after I read about all trophy related bugs. I don’t feel like investing several 10’s of hours only to have a trophy glitch on me. I think I’ll wait for another 2 months then I’ll necro this thread and see how the state of the game is. 

• Like 1

On 7.3.2022 at 6:45 PM, mega-tallica said:

PowerPyx's has had a guide out for it since it launched which highlights all the missable stuff. I suggest you Google it. 

It's good to do 2 playthrough's anyway as it'll cut down your grind for the Ultramarathon trophy later and you'll have a much better scope of the game which will make it much less likely you'll miss anything especially if following PowerPyx's guide. You'll have to abuse cloud saves in order to max out both health and stamina in one playthrough. It's otherwise not possible to max both on one save file otherwise you'll have to do yet another new game. 

You can get around the bug for the Persons of Interest quiz by giving the Garrison district to the PK's and not the Survivors. If you give it to the PK's, the collectible is just sitting on the table for you to collect and you don't have to do the quiz altogether avoiding the bug entirely. If not, it's always possible to get it in somebody's else's game which is what I personally had to do for that particular collectible as it also bugged out for me. That is probably the most widespread bug in the game. 

The To Kill Or Not To Kill quest bugs out if you complete the Metro underneath the Fish Eye. Simply don't do that Metro and the quest should spawn immediately after the main mission where you have to defend the Fish Eye from the Renegades. If it doesn't, reboot the game so it resets and the quest should be there. 

The general rule of thumb is to stay off multiplayer unless you absolutely have to and save the multiplayer trophies for last just to be safe. Multiplayer notoriously bugs the game out and it's much safer to play single player only for the majority of this game if you're going for platinum for it as to greatly lessen your chances of getting any glitched trophies or other general issues. 

Ye I'm confinced I could avoid some bugs when starting a new game, but I would have to recollect all collectibles, and Im only missing 1 Tape and 4 Mementos. I'm currently hoping for a NG+. Will continue then. Hopefully they patched all bugs until then. 

I saw there was a patch 3/11/22, but I too stopped playing because of the stories of bugs. Only popped 3 trophies so far. The game also did not grab me so part of me regrets buying this. Never played the first & thought I'd like it, but it's weird with no firearms!

If you think about getting this after the recent patch: DON'T!
This patch made things even worse in Singleplayer. There is a new problem now with quest givers: You can't talk to them while there are "enemies nearby", which also happens in story quests, while doing the quest! The "into the dark" quest has a part where you follow Hakon and before you get attacked by zombies, you have to talk to him by pressing Square. With this new patch, this is not possible, since "there are enemies nearby". The only thing that helps is quitting the game and reloading the file, which is unbelievably frustrating. Happened to me 3 times now in different story quests. (Yes, I started a new game because of some gamebreaking bugs for those stupid last 2 trophies, don't jugde pls)

• Like 3

I played one week after release, like others have stated multiplayer is causing the problems. I played offline like 90-95% of the game and had no issues. When i startet playing online joining others ,to get the kills and one tape i couldnt get because of the one glitched quest (to kill or not to kill), the problems started. Got the deathloop-glitch and other funny stuff like quests showing up i already finished and quest showing up i shouldnt even get because of my story decisions xD, good that i upload my save frequently so i didnt loose that much. I just had to avoid a certain area that caused the deathloop. But the deathloop got patched i think, at least i read that in another thread.

On 12/03/2022 at 0:08 PM, chozume said:

If you think about getting this after the recent patch: DON'T!
This patch made things even worse in Singleplayer. There is a new problem now with quest givers: You can't talk to them while there are "enemies nearby", which also happens in story quests, while doing the quest! The "into the dark" quest has a part where you follow Hakon and before you get attacked by zombies, you have to talk to him by pressing Square. With this new patch, this is not possible, since "there are enemies nearby". The only thing that helps is quitting the game and reloading the file, which is unbelievably frustrating. Happened to me 3 times now in different story quests. (Yes, I started a new game because of some gamebreaking bugs for those stupid last 2 trophies, don't jugde pls)

patch 1.07 ?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rando-Calrisian- said:

Hi all, reviving this thread. 

Are the trophies still buggy or have things improved? 

if you use cloud save and go with knowledge ...

i only had to load once before entering a place because i knew there was a trophy and didnt pop

playing with patch 1,08 all the way and not going to update for the moment if there was a new update because they fix 2 and break 5

if you have cloud save play it because this game will always be buggy.

only problem i have is a sidequest i can not complete and there is a youtube video too with that sidequest because there is an invisible enemy and can not open the door but sidequest is not important.

• Like 2

I always kept in mind about the story trophies and uploaded my save to the cloud but fortunately didn't have any trophies bugged on me. I played the game on PS5 1.07 and didn't play co op until I got all trophies and all but the 3 following collectables:

- to kill or not kill quest collectable (got it through co op after many tries that I couldn't even connect to the host with the quest )

- lawan's death list (got it by searching in co op the nightrunners mission, at the end when you leave the church it's on a crate. I couldn't interact with it on my save file)

- a tape on the upgraded room at the fish eye canteen (also got it through co op because in my save file the room didn't upgrade)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rando-Calrisian- said:

Hi all, reviving this thread. 

Are the trophies still buggy or have things improved? 

Still a buggy mess best Advise I can give you constantly RUN dont fast travel, before every story mission make a cloud  save when you get to the second island this is where the game becomes the most unstable and everything just seems to want to not work correctly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...