License Challenge?

Megaman80

I got gold for all license tests yesterday. The first 4 licenses took me around 3 hours in total (struggled with around 4 or 5 specific tests).

Super licenses S1-S9 took me 3 hours (although I managed to get a gold rating on two licenses on the very first try).

Then S-10... Took me 3.5 hours to finally get gold. In the first hour and a half I only managed to reach the finish line twice (!) (50% of my attempts already ended in Eau Rouge) because I thought I had to flat out every corner to get gold, but that's not the case at all. Slow and steady is key here. 

I uploaded a walkthrough that's suitable beginners (it includes the braking area assist and telemetry data opposed to some other uploaded gold videos) with some insights in the description.

Edited by Alex_R-13
  • Like 4

I didn't find the Licences to be too bad. Most of them only took a few attempts to get but some were a challenge. Iv got gold on all except S-10. Struggling to finish due to always spinning off and the best time i have so far is about 7 seconds off of gold.

6 hours ago, MoneyShotxox said:

I can see the last special level giving people a lot of hassle especially as it’s a wet track. 

my tips with the licence test is to turn on the demo car ghost and stay as close as possible. I find it’s best to follow it and see where it slows and where it doesn’t and how it takes the corners before you do. The ghost usually finishes the test with a second or 2 to spare so staying as close as you can you will find you will hit gold times a lot easier. 

Not true, that demo ghost is 1 to 2 seconds faster than gold. > Nonetheless, nice achievement. Congratz :)

Edited by janpham

I guess its all about focus about 1 test at the time. Thinking of all of them, just makes me unmotivated. S10 wont be a platinum breaker for me i hope. I use the d-pad, and x and square. Took a little break, doing some easy missions today.

• Like 2

I didn't find S-10 very hard at all on controller, only took me about 15 minutes. I had all the assists on for that one, with traction control of 4. You just need to be light on the throttle around various bends. I thought S-1, S-4, S-7, IA-10, and A-9 were the most challenging licenses. S-7 and IA-10 took me about an hour each. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lithium_Lemon said:

I didn't find S-10 very hard at all on controller, only took me about 15 minutes. I had all the assists on for that one, with traction control of 4. You just need to be light on the throttle around various bends. I thought S-1, S-4, S-7, IA-10, and A-9 were the most challenging licenses. S-7 and IA-10 took me about an hour each. 

You just tapping  gas then? 

i also found so far that all the cars who are spinning out i just set tcs at 3-5.

1 minute ago, Megaman80 said:

i also found so far that all the cars who are spinning out i just set tcs at 3-5.

Yes, I remember braking hard and slowly feathering gas up that first hill, and around some of the other bends also. The first 20 seconds is by far the hardest to get right.  Also, go slow when your going around those two bends that begin heading back down the hill, you have plenty of time. For the straightaway near the end of the track, dont brake at all for the first right-hand turn, just briefly let off gas. Halfway through the straightway there's a small bend just lightly brake there and then step on the gas. Overall takeaway is Its almost never a good idea for this track to hold the gas fully when accelerating, be deliberate and ease into it each time. I finished 3-4 seconds over gold time easily. 

48 minutes ago, Lithium_Lemon said:

Yes, I remember braking hard and slowly feathering gas up that first hill, and around some of the other bends also. The first 20 seconds is by far the hardest to get right.  Also, go slow when your going around those two bends that begin heading back down the hill, you have plenty of time. For the straightaway near the end of the track, dont brake at all for the first right-hand turn, just briefly let off gas. Halfway through the straightway there's a small bend just lightly brake there and then step on the gas. Overall takeaway is Its almost never a good idea for this track to hold the gas fully when accelerating, be deliberate and ease into it each time. I finished 3-4 seconds over gold time easily. 

Nice, im at least down to silver time after 20 min of playing. Dont have much time today, so think i will clean out this license next session when i got 1 hour or more time to play

52 minutes ago, Lithium_Lemon said:

Im down to 1 second off of gold time. Going to try this method tomorrow. Fingers crossed it works for me.

12 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

That is LITERALLY what @MoneyShotxox said :facepalm:

English is not my native language. Let me try it again. That is not true. The Demo Ghost is not 1 to 2 seconds faster than the Gold time. DO you understand my English now, Yankee?

Edited by janpham

25 minutes ago, janpham said:

English is not my native language. Let me try it again. That is not true. The Demo Ghost is not 1 to 2 seconds faster than the Gold time. DO you understand my English now, Yankee?

Yankee?  You sound like some Southern US hillbillies typing that :lol: Try a better insult.  He's right because some ghosts are .5 seconds ahead of the gold time and some are over a second more.  The demos show that.  Quit talking gibberish and actually get good....  

On subject, as far my personal experience has gone, I've gotten up to Super license, getting gold on everything within an hour.  I drive with no assists except for ABS.  Personally, I can't drive with a ghost on.  It always messes me up.  I will check the demo if I have trouble.  As far as the challenges the licenses present, they're definitely not as hard as GT5, but they're harder than GT Sport.  So from hardest to easiest: GT5, GT6 (because of Senna), GT7, GT Sport.

Edited by grimydawg___
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

Yankee?  You sound like some Southern US hillbillies typing that :lol: Try a better insult.  He's right because some ghosts are .5 seconds ahead of the gold time and some are up to two seconds.  The demos show that.  Quit talking gibberish and actually get good....

On subject, as far my personal experience has gone, I've gotten up to Super license, getting gold on everything within an hour.  I drive with no assists except for ABS.  Personally, I can't drive with a ghost on.  It always messes me up.  As far as the challenges the licenses present, they're definitely not as hard as GT5, but they're harder than GT Sport.  So from hardest to easiest: GT5, GT6 (because of Senna), GT7, GT Sport.

Nah, at 953 Platins i tend to skip one single Platin rather than getting frustrated. 

2 hours ago, Megaman80 said:

Well, not tapping. You still have to go at a decent pace. If you put TCS on like 2 you can floor it even out of slower corners. Staying off the wet patches is absolute key since you're on dry tyres and take in easy in corners like Eau Rouge and Blanchimont, since it's very easy to upset the car at those sort of speeds. The time itself is pretty generous. I got a pretty scruffy run and still went 1s faster than gold.

Edited by J_Chmielinski
  • Like 1

I finally did it. Think my main issue was not being confident enough to go fast through the second half of the track. Since i kept spinning off, i was only ever doing the first half. I put on the demo car and tried to stay as close as i could. It did start to pull away a bit towards the end but i still managed a 2:25:6xx. Can't remember the exact time.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

Yankee?  You sound like some Southern US hillbillies typing that :lol: Try a better insult.  He's right because some ghosts are .5 seconds ahead of the gold time and some are over a second more.  The demos show that.  Quit talking gibberish and actually get good....  

On subject, as far my personal experience has gone, I've gotten up to Super license, getting gold on everything within an hour.  I drive with no assists except for ABS.  Personally, I can't drive with a ghost on.  It always messes me up.  I will check the demo if I have trouble.  As far as the challenges the licenses present, they're definitely not as hard as GT5, but they're harder than GT Sport.  So from hardest to easiest: GT5, GT6 (because of Senna), GT7, GT Sport.

You can put the ghost at any time in the settings. Stop talking bullshit and nonsense.

3 hours ago, Sicho said:

People here saying that the licenses are easy and I'm already struggling with the hairpin A-9 :D (this is my first GT btw)

this has given me the most trouble so far!

I’ve only just started international B

Edited by MonaSaxPayne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, grimydawg___ said:

Huh?  Your scrub self trying to get back at me for whatever reason is amusing.  Just practice @Sicho You may want to tweak your settings, too.

I got it by now but it took me quite a while. And I only did it by 0:0.006 seconds :D EDIT: ah, no, sorry, it was 0:0.106

Turning off some assists did help though.

Now, in the final A exam, I only got silver so far. +/- 0:0.300 away from gold but I find it hard to shave those 0.3 seconds off. I will keep trying but maybe not today anymore. I'm starting to get a bit exhausted by it and may play something else for the rest of the evening.

Edited by Sicho
  • Like 2