License Challenge?

Megaman80

34 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

hope you guys are enjoying the game, how goes it, bit of a rough launch but not too bad now? or how you finding it.

I've been away from GT ever since I bought GT5 Prologue at launch and felt ripped off.

Tried 6 and Sport, but decided those games weren't for me.

Lately I've been craving a simcade but was on the fence about GT7.

ThankfulIy, I really like the game.

Driving feels great. Tuning really makes a difference, not only on how cars behave, but also how they feel. The dualsense implementation contributes a lot to that. Absolutely awesome feedback.

The car and track selection is great. And there's a lot of attention to graphic detail.

I was just now driving in Nurburgring and having a blast. I've never liked that track in other videogames.

Reflections, lighting and the way cars lift and pulverize water on wet tracks are all beautiful effects.

I like how there's different brands of colourful "hero" cars populating the campaign events, and enjoy the rolling starts as a way to keep races interesting from start to finish.

I also appreciate the variety of stuff to do and how it feels welcoming to casuals/newbies, while also having a more technical corner for veterans to have their fun at.

Mtx are never welcome in a paid game but, currently, they don't feel too intrusive. There's plenty of opportunities to earn currency and vehicles by simply playing the game.

To be fair, Mtx are mostly something completionists (including platinum hunters) and sweaties will contemplate as a timesaver when looking into buying prestige vehicles.

Overall, it's a great game.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

hope you guys are enjoying the game, how goes it, bit of a rough launch but not too bad now? or how you finding it.

Been away from the series after GT5 but GT7 has been a hallmark from day one, even after its teething pains (which it still has). It packed plenty of content from the get-go, and although the selection of tracks has been a bit of a letdown and its economy is still all over the place, there's a whole lot of game to enjoy. Licenses are hard but doable (even with a casual pad + AT approach) and a daily raffle ticket for just 42km driven is a good enough incentive to spend time on it on a daily basis.

Online (well, at least the Sport mode) is surprisingly good. Since complete asshattery is penalized by forcing wrongdoers to slow down for infractions, you can enjoy actual proper racing with actual other people who actually want to race as is meant to. That's a first, really.

Have to agree with LastMinuteSavior; overall, it's a great game.

7 hours ago, carlokkia said:

After struggling mostly with IA-10 and S-7, I "only" have S-10 left 1f601.png

IA-10 and S-7 was worse than S-10 I thought. 

You have less room to maneuver due to rain in S-10 and have to be careful with accelerator but it's easier I think. You have more time to react. The hardest turns are at the very beginning, master them, then learn how hard you can push the car without spinning out on the rest of the track and you have it.

Counterseer strong, controller sensitivity 7.

Edited by Rando-Calrisian-

11 hours ago, SalarymanDaishi said:

Since complete asshattery is penalized by forcing wrongdoers to slow down for infractions, you can enjoy actual proper racing with actual other people who actually want to race as is meant to. That's a first, really.

sadly, I think the penalty system is a bit janky though. There were many times already when I was racing cleanly, someone else rammed me off the track and they stayed penalty-free while I got the penalty for forcing someone off the track lol ...
Also, on tracks like Tokyo Speedway, touching the barriers netting you a penalty is a bit harsh in my opinion :D

10 hours ago, Rando-Calrisian- said:

IA-10 and S-7 was worse than S-10 I thought. 

You have less room to maneuver due to rain in S-10 and have to be careful with accelerator but it's easier I think. You have more time to react. The hardest turns are at the very beginning, master them, then learn how hard you can push the car without spinning out on the rest of the track and you have it.

Counterseer strong, controller sensitivity 7.

Thanks for the tips :)

Also for S-10 I'd recommend just concentrating on finishing the lap instead of trying to get as fast a lap as possible. The time limit is pretty generous so as long as you have a decent lap you should be able to get gold.

Personally for me IA-10 was the hardest test that took the longest time before I managed to get gold.

Edited by Janire1911

56 minutes ago, Janire1911 said:

Also for S-10 I'd recommend just concentrating on finishing the lap instead of trying to get as fast a lap as possible. The time limit is pretty generous so as long as you have a decent lap you should be able to get gold.

Personally for me IA-10 was the hardest test that took the longest time before I managed to get gold.

Yep, this was key for me in S10 as well. I kept failing because I was driving faster than necessary. I was immediately 2 seconds faster than gold when I finished the first time.

17 minutes ago, Asimb0mb said:

Yep, this was key for me in S10 as well. I kept failing because I was driving faster than necessary. I was immediately 2 seconds faster than gold when I finished the first time.

Also for most people as long as you can get around the track fairly consistently then it's only the last corner before the line you need to worry about because it can slow you down A LOT. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've been chipping away at these slowly. I have been busy so haven't got to play a whole lot. I've got gold on everything except for S-10 so far. I have only managed to finish a lap twice and both times were silver and just over a second off gold. I normally handle the start pretty well and sometimes come out in front of the ghost after the first few corners but I'm not handling those long corners too well, I think. I lose quite a bit of pace there and slide off the track a bit.

1 hour ago, PeachyJacobs said:

I've been chipping away at these slowly. I have been busy so haven't got to play a whole lot. I've got gold on everything except for S-10 so far. I have only managed to finish a lap twice and both times were silver and just over a second off gold. I normally handle the start pretty well and sometimes come out in front of the ghost after the first few corners but I'm not handling those long corners too well, I think. I lose quite a bit of pace there and slide off the track a bit.

You shouldn't be too far off, this timing for S-10 is quite lenient. My advice, even if you mess up the earlier corners or arn't perfect on them, keep going so you can practice the later ones.

The video guide embedded in the trophy guide is quite good and detailed for S-10. There's a corner where you don't need to brake, one near the start where you break much earlier. The videos guide explanation of the last few corners is great. That's what put me over the top.

18 minutes ago, Rando-Calrisian- said:

You shouldn't be too far off, this timing for S-10 is quite lenient. My advice, even if you mess up the earlier corners or arn't perfect on them, keep going so you can practice the later ones.

The video guide embedded in the trophy guide is quite good and detailed for S-10. There's a corner where you don't need to brake, one near the start where you break much earlier. The videos guide explanation of the last few corners is great. That's what put me over the top.

Yeah I have been continuing through even if the start is a little rough. I don't think I'm too far off it. These licences have been pretty enjoyable for the most part. They have been a good challenge and very rewarding when you finally nail it. S-7 in particular was a lot of fun practicing and perfecting it.

2 hours ago, PeachyJacobs said:

If you are struggling the mid-bottom long corners to the left like me before, try the followings:

Brake hard before red zone just like the video shown,

Once your speed down to 150km/h, keep turning left slightly and have 1/3 to half throttle to keep the pace,

then full throttle when the road start straightening,

remember no big steering or you will easily spin off the track

and for the last long corner after the big sign

I tried to keep the car on right hand side before the sign then roll, so there will be more space for steering,

again steering slightly and carefully,

only accelerate when the car is on straight line and not more than 240km/h at the latter half corner

Once you can keep the ghost in sight there then your gold will come soon. Good luck!

2 hours ago, Rando-Calrisian- said:

2 hours ago, ShijouLime said:

If you are struggling the mid-bottom long corners to the left like me before, try the followings:

Brake hard before red zone just like the video shown,

Once your speed down to 150km/h, keep turning left slightly and have 1/3 to half throttle to keep the pace,

then full throttle when the road start straightening,

remember no big steering or you will easily spin off the track

and for the last long corner after the big sign

I tried to keep the car on right hand side before the sign then roll, so there will be more space for steering,

again steering slightly and carefully,

only accelerate when the car is on straight line and not more than 240km/h at the latter half corner

Once you can keep the ghost in sight there then your gold will come soon. Good luck!

I just managed to get it finally! Barely scraped in with a 2:25.8 but gold is gold. Thank you both for your help!

• Like 2