CRYSTALIANS are stupid

Suporex

It is always multiple of them and I have spend 1h now trying only backstabs. Using Glintstone Pebble to stagger as fextralife recommended to stagger but I can't I just do no damage and use all my mana flasks and switch to sword and do no damage as well. I setup my sign to help others and see what works and we can't kill it. nobody leaves sign for me to get assist too. It's just stupid.

Any tips how to handle them as mage welcome but so far I don't see how to kill those bastardos

Use melee summoning ashes such as wolves or any with a greatsword , the magic sword type ashes of war, or any magic that has high stagger damage such as Rock Sling. After fully staggering them once (where it'll fall to the ground) it'll start taking insane damage & stagger on most attacks from that point. So until that stagger, you will do no damage, so don't worry about the damage at the start & instead focus your efforts & making him stagger with high stagger attacks like the ones listed that should be easy to use for a magic build

• Like 2

You just need to hit them a bunch of times until they are staggered once. Use a low mana spell like the pebble and keep hitting them. Their crystal skin will look cracked after the first stagger and they'll take "normal" damage afterwards. And IIRC they have a high magic resistance, so use gravitation spells like rock sling after the stagger, because it inflicts physical damage.

22 minutes ago, Suporex said:

fextralife recommended

I haven't looked at their ER content, but Fextralife information hasn't ever been reliable for me when I randomly browse one of their pages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ObsiEez said:

Use melee summoning ashes such as wolves or any with a greatsword , the magic sword type ashes of war, or any magic that has high stagger damage such as Rock Sling. After fully staggering them once (where it'll fall to the ground) it'll start taking insane damage & stagger on most attacks from that point. So until that stagger, you will do no damage, so don't worry about the damage at the start & instead focus your efforts & making him stagger with high stagger attacks like the ones listed that should be easy to use for a magic build

I have +5 wolves and try all the spells and cant stagger before they decimate me. they destroy wolves fast too.

9 minutes ago, Suporex said:

I have +5 wolves and try all the spells and cant stagger before they decimate me. they destroy wolves fast too.

In which area are you fighting this one & what level are you? You might have stumbled across one that's meant to be fought later if you're getting decimated that quickly

4 minutes ago, Spontiark said:

Have you guys tried using bludgeoning weapons like hammers or summonings who carry them?

Yep, after doing 40 damage with a +10 Moonveil, I went back and equipped a pair of fists that made quick work of them. 

While I can’t tell you how to handle them with magic, for melee users you need to keep hitting them with 2 handed attacks. Do this enough times and you will break their “shell”. Breaking their shell will firstly put them in a downed state so you can get a critical hit in and secondly, will allow you do real damage to them instead of the chip damage you do before breaking their shell. You will also find that the (mining) enemies in the mines leading to these bosses need to be hit with 2 handed attacks as 1 handed attacks do much less damage and your weapon will bounce off them meaning you can’t quickly follow up with a second hit.

I just beat them my first go. Granted, I'm around level 100.

+17 Uchigatana w/unsheath.

+7 Mimic

Take out the mage first. Use unsheath 2-3x, that'll stagger them. Then just pound them into the ground. Only gotta stagger once in order to keep doing massive damage.

14 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

In which area are you fighting this one & what level are you? You might have stumbled across one that's meant to be fought later if you're getting decimated that quickly

IM in cave, there is 3 of them. But I couldn't do shit to 2 of them in academy too

22 minutes ago, Suporex said:

IM in cave, there is 3 of them. But I couldn't do shit to 2 of them in academy too

Yeah judging by your trophy progress. having only +5 spirit ashes in that area & getting wiped almost instantly like you said, I'm pretty sure you're possibly both under level & under geared for this fight. While you could probably beat them now still, it'd be better to come back later.

I also just recommend not adventuring in Caelid right now as you're in there WAY to early as you haven't even explored the Weeping Peninsula south of Limgrave yet since that's meant to be done pretty much right away. Some people even recommend exploring Caelid after finishing the middle section of Altus, but I personally did Caelid after fully exploring all the maps pre-Altus.