Baal Defeated on HC Hell... What now?

Starting a new topic just to share my thought and experience on the game so far...
This past weekend, I managed for the first time to defeat Baal on Hell Dif. HC... I'm using a Summon Necro and he is lvl 84.
I noticed that my summons don't stand a chance against the "Minions of Destruction". I had to lure them out of the main chamber so I could fight baal and finish the game. My question now is... Where to grind for exp?

In my opinion, right now Ball is out of the question. Dispite he being very easy with the Clay Golem and Decrepify, His minions before him are a pain in the ass.
A have a shared stash full of nice items for other classes... I thought maybe I could begin another playthorugh searching for better items for my necro using other classes (and working on beating the game on Hell Difficulty too, but um HC)...

What are your thoughts?

Edited by Schmitt_Wylde
Grammar

Congrats for beating baal in Hell hc. Sorc for speedfarming or paladin to kill ubers for hellfiretorch is best you can do now. Necro is fun to play but Not the best choice to start the game. You should Start with blizzard sorc to farm andariel and Mephisto in hell. There you get 95% of the items in the game. Then farm runes with LK Runs or Cows. If u want to grind lvl 99 in HC i would play Tesladin or Javazon. Really strong builds which can handle P8 if u play offline. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Schmitt_Wylde said:

I'll give it a try!

I started 3 paladins already and none of them survived past lvl 60... Perhaps I can give it another go or maybe try something new (for me) with the Sorc!

Yes, just make sure that you have max block that gives you leeway if things get dicey.
You can also farm Mephisto in Nightmare if the items are not that good. In any case, take your time and don't progress too quickly.
Make sure your resistances are always high enough. That's super important. I also farmed everything with Sorc and then played the Paladin. 
You should also always be careful with champions with Conviction Aura or with curses where you suffer double damage. 
Always have purple potions with you in case you get in trouble. You can also use a mana shield for extra protection, but that's not necessary in my opinion, it's a matter of taste.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2022 at 8:41 PM, Schmitt_Wylde said:

Starting a new topic just to share my thought and experience on the game so far...
This past weekend, I managed for the first time to defeat Baal on Hell Dif. HC... I'm using a Summon Necro and he is lvl 84.
I noticed that my summons don't stand a chance against the "Minions of Destruction". I had to lure them out of the main chamber so I could fight baal and finish the game. My question now is... Where to grind for exp?

In my opinion, right now Ball is out of the question. Dispite he being very easy with the Clay Golem and Decrepify, His minions before him are a pain in the ass.
A have a shared stash full of nice items for other classes... I thought maybe I could begin another playthorugh searching for better items for my necro using other classes (and working on beating the game on Hell Difficulty too, but um HC)...

What are your thoughts?

Are you going for Hardcore offline or online? If you are taking the offline hardcore route to 99 I highly recommend setting up a Paladin to do the work. After doing some tests with a lightning sorc, I'm quite convinced that the Paladin is the way to go. For more on this, check out the D Clone thread on the PS4 version of this game's forum 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gattusso02 said:

Are you going for Hardcore offline or online? If you are taking the offline hardcore route to 99 I highly recommend setting up a Paladin to do the work. After doing some tests with a lightning sorc, I'm quite convinced that the Paladin is the way to go. For more on this, check out the D Clone thread on the PS4 version of this game's forum 

I'm playing offline, yes!
What kind of Paladin should I try? I've been thinking about a Smiter. Never done one before so should be interesting.
I tried about 4 ou 5 Hammerdins, but I always get myself killed on act 3 or act 4, on nightmare difficulty... 99% sure it's my mystake, but yet... 

I think the Necro is a pretty safe character to play with. Just let the minions do all the work. (I mean... Baal alone, on Hell difficulty took me about 5 minutes of my casting Decrepify on him)

6 hours ago, Schmitt_Wylde said:

I'm playing offline, yes!
What kind of Paladin should I try? I've been thinking about a Smiter. Never done one before so should be interesting.
I tried about 4 ou 5 Hammerdins, but I always get myself killed on act 3 or act 4, on nightmare difficulty... 99% sure it's my mystake, but yet... 

I think the Necro is a pretty safe character to play with. Just let the minions do all the work. (I mean... Baal alone, on Hell difficulty took me about 5 minutes of my casting Decrepify on him)

Basing it on the Paladins of my friends who ran the game until end game I believe it goes Zealer then Hammerdin once you have the right gear, then Smiter for Diablo Clone at the end. I unfortunately chose a different main char for my hardcore run and was too invested on it already to make any switch. I was a lightning Sorc. Easiest way to learn the most is to check MrLlamaSC's guided class playthroughs on YT. Learned so much from those.

• Like 1

On 21/03/2022 at 10:09 PM, Gattusso02 said:

Basing it on the Paladins of my friends who ran the game until end game I believe it goes Zealer then Hammerdin once you have the right gear, then Smiter for Diablo Clone at the end. I unfortunately chose a different main char for my hardcore run and was too invested on it already to make any switch. I was a lightning Sorc. Easiest way to learn the most is to check MrLlamaSC's guided class playthroughs on YT. Learned so much from those.

MrLlama is my go to guy when it comes to Diablo II...

I used his guide for my Necro and worked pretty well.
The main problem (and I believe that goes for eneryone), is having the right gear. Specially when you're playing offline...
That's why I'm thinking of starting another character. That way I have more chances to find better items.

If I'm using a paladin and happen to find a really good item for my necro, I can just put it on the stash. It's more time consuming but somewhat safer, imo... 
(btw... I played the game with /players 8 activated up until act 2, on Hell... That helped a lot to level up!)