Ps5 controller drift is ruining every game I play

me_is_caveman

On 3/7/2022 at 3:16 PM, JourneySilvers said:

Man that's unfortunate. I haven't had issues but the boyfriends dualsense stops picking up input when the joystick is pushed to the top left. Takes any other movement input except for that direction. 

Well, I took apart his controller and there was a lot of dust, grime, and some dog hair in there. After cleaning and reassembling it, it worked fine. If you guys are brave enough to take it apart, maybe check if your controller needs cleaning. Other than that, it probably will need to be replaced. 

1 minute ago, JourneySilvers said:

Well, I took apart his controller and there was a lot of dust, grime, and some dog hair in there. 

What have we told you about shoving puppies into your controllers, Silvers?!

It’s not big, and it’s not clever! 

• Like 1

The controller that came with my PS5 started drifting last week. It got to the point that it was impossible to play with it... But I read online that dust buildup could be the culprit, so I blew it really hard and guess what, the drift went away and now it's like brand new lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So i have the same problem, it started playing borderlands 3 and got bad in re2 and wreckfest, some friends told me the tip to do circular moves with the palm of the hand slowly and somewhat strongly, not super strong but in the way you can feel the part under the stick with the palm of your hand. The drifting got slower, and one time i was playing splitgate and after a death i smacked the controller with my hands in the upper part and the drifting almost was gone, its crazy but true, this just lasted around 2 months and now the drifting is back but in both sticks. Yeah, i feel you guys and gals.

Theres two models of the Dualsense now - I got slight drift in my launch controller this week. Tiny Tina didnt pick up on it but Cyberpunk 2077 was having a field day with it.

If you look on the back of the controller for the FCC ID, new ones will end 1A whereas the old ones just end with 1. No way of knowing which model you have until you take it out of the box but the new models are with all colours, however, I believe the colours released with Galactic Purple are all the newer models the Cosmic Red and Black controllers still have a chance of being the model 1.

I know this because I have a Cosmic Red thats the first model and I have a black one which I bought on the weekend which is the second model but my friends black controller is the first model. I bought the galactic purple and he the pink and they were both the second model.