The Last of Us: Left Behind General Discussion

Parker

I just finished it there and I must say it was pretty damn good. The narrative was great, and I guess people who wondered how Ellie saved Joel's life and then managed to move him to a safe location finally have their answer. Overall, it was kind of what I expected: Short, sweet, fantastic to play, emotional and with a lot of chunky character development. 

Also, there were some great clicker environments to be found in this DLC, which are even more nerve-wrecking to play through due to Ellie's lack of weapons and petite frame. I'd consider myself a very happy customer, even if I think €9.99 would be a fairer price for the experience. 

I was very very happy with it :) I'm glad that I now know what happens between the University & Lakeside chapters now as I've always wondered what Ellie did to save Joel.

I loved the opening cut scene also the ending. Both were fantastic :D I also enjoyed exploring the mall with Riley

Kinda annoyed of the fact I'm a sub account because I love the photobooth, and wanted to share the pics to facebook ): lol

Someone please tell me that i'm wrong: according to IGN, Ellie uses guns and kills. Just...why, Naughty Dog? why did you have to do that? couldn't you let the game's excellent story be in peace instead of ruining one of its major arcs with poorly thought out DLC?

Well she uses guns and kills in the original campaign as well so I don't see what's the problem with the DLC? It's a great DLC showing a few missing pieces of the original story. My overall experience with the game was great!

Someone please tell me that i'm wrong: according to IGN, Ellie uses guns and kills. Just...why, Naughty Dog? why did you have to do that? couldn't you let the game's excellent story be in peace instead of ruining one of its major arcs with poorly thought out DLC?

The DLC is split into 2 narratives. 1 before TLOU and the other taking place after Joel gets injured and Ellie has to help him. Ellie only kills and uses guns during the second. This DLC is very well thought out, and I strongly advise you pick it up before going on and on about how much you dislike it.

• Like 2

Well she uses guns and kills in the original campaign as well so I don't see what's the problem with the DLC? It's a great DLC showing a few missing pieces of the original story. My overall experience with the game was great!

She doesn't do it beforehand, however. The game shows her going from an innocent young girl with a bright perspective on life, to a hard boiled, kept to herself survivor. She even says she never shot a gun before, but now since I know this:

The DLC is split into 2 narratives. 1 before TLOU and the other taking place after Joel gets injured and Ellie has to help him. Ellie only kills and uses guns during the second. This DLC is very well thought out, and I strongly advise you pick it up before going on and on about how much you dislike it.

It makes alot more sense and seems logically consistent. Provided I can get my copy of TLoU back I might just pick it up with Deus Ex's The MIssing Link.

• Like 1

Okay well as has been said there are two parts to the DLC, where she is with Riley before the original campaign happened and the part where she rescues Joel after the university chapter. She doesn't use guns in the Riley chapter but does in the saving joel chapter. So there is nothing wrong with how they made the DLC, you should just play it before going and reading about it it spoils it.

Edited by little-miss-sb

She doesn't do it beforehand, however. The game shows her going from an innocent young girl with a bright perspective on life, to a hard boiled, kept to herself survivor. She even says she never shot a gun before, but now since I know this:

It makes alot more sense and seems logically consistent. Provided I can get my copy of TLoU back I might just pick it up with Deus Ex's The MIssing Link.

As a few people have already alluded to the game is split into two narratives: One set before Ellie meets Joel, and the other set months into their relationship whenever Joel is at death's door. So, in the Joel arc she's already been killing and/or shooting for months. If you haven't played the DLC then don't attack Naughty Dog so vehemently. Play it and if you think it's shite then tear the balls off Naughty Dog. 

I think its a amazing Dlc it explains so much the only thing I can failt is thwt I done it in 1 hour 30 so on easy its a fast DLC to do but what I was kind of waiting for and it happened 'spoiler' Riley and Ellie kissed :-) it was a nice touch to the story cant wait for the next installment Naughty Dog have to offer

I don't like the ending. And the Joel sequences (i.e the times she's wearing the pink jacket) felt like, they were just there to add combat.

Overall it's a nice DLC, a little overpriced, i finished it in 2hrs or so and it costs $15? Geez.  :unsure:

Left Behind goes back and forth between Ellie's past adventures with Riley and also covers the winter while Joel was incapacitated, hence why combat has Ellie using weapons and killing. Please play the game first before jumping to conclusions.

Edited by rb8gem9

I loved the dynamics when Ellie was with Riley - it was genuinely fun going around in the Mall with the power on as well as all the other things they did! The ending was good in my opinion, it was very concise but still emotional.

Overall Left Behind is well thought out and is to the standard of ND, the short length is fine as quality beats quantity and it's more attractive if  I want to replay it. It has some very cool trophies too -  reference to a Jak game.

um.. didn't joel gave her a gun in the main story?

and he even let her use a sniper rifle to help him to clear an area from human enemies.

I don't like the ending. And the Joel sequences (i.e the times she's wearing the pink jacket) felt like, they were just there to add combat.

Overall it's a nice DLC, a little overpriced, i finished it in 2hrs or so and it costs $15? Geez.  :unsure:

$15?

in the EU PS store it's $20!!  :(

Edited by yellowwindow7

15$ for 2 hours is a bit overpriced, maybe 10$-12$, especially considering TLoU was a surprisingly lengthy experience *first time on hard, took me exactly 17 hours* but eh quality over quantity.

Also, there is a reason why I asked you fine folks over here. Buying the DLC then coming here is sort of redundant since they have my $$$ and since it's the last/only story DLC, nothing else would come along.