Performance or Ray Tracing mode?

kantera

Hey everyone

I'm still mopping up Horizon Forbidden West (Want to have 100% game progression :)), I'm curious to know which graphical mode you chose for GT7?
I looked at some reviews online about this, and I've noticed that they say you can go for Ray Tracing mode (To enjoy Ray Tracing in menus and replays) because the frame rate is still very good while racing when you selected this mode. What do you recommend?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, grimydawg___ said:

Performance mode in everything for me personally

Normally this is true for me as well, but in GT 7 I also went with Ray Tracing. During races the framerate is 60 FPS without any noticeable drops and during replays, menus etc. the Ray Tracing really shines.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, egg0r1337 said:

Normally this is true for me as well, but in GT 7 I also went with Ray Tracing. During races the framerate is 60 FPS without any noticeable drops and during replays, menus etc. the Ray Tracing really shines.

Oh?  I'll change it then. 

1 hour ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

ridiculous that for all the power these next gen consoles boast, u have to choose between 1 or the other 

Aren't people picking between one of the other even on new Nvida and AMD cards? 
RT and various other things are quite taxing. 

Here I thought the growing ability to choose is what makes this gen better than the last.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SinceByDarren said:

The choice does not impact actual racing gameplay, so I’d chose the ray trace option and you can have some pretty scenes and replays with it. 

The actual racing is 4K/60 in both modes. 

This. Literally doesn't affect actual gameplay, so I just picked ray tracing for the random times I might want to watch a replay or something.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SinceByDarren said:

The choice does not impact actual racing gameplay, so I’d chose the ray trace option and you can have some pretty scenes and replays with it. 

The actual racing is 4K/60 in both modes. 

iirc, digital foundry said ray tracing is capped at 30 fps 

25 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

iirc, digital foundry said ray tracing is capped at 30 fps 

Yes, but as mentioned before ray tracing is only used in menus and replays. So the gameplay is at 4k/60fps on PS5.

If you enjoy replays in 60fps you should choose performance, if you don't mind I recommend the raytracing mode.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

That's why I chose performance mode.  Now, if it's been updated.  I'll change it.

just my personal opinion.. I toggled ray tracing on and looked at and some cars in my garage.. the details actually look better in performance mode lol. I'm leaving it 

12 hours ago, kantera said:

Hey everyone

I'm still mopping up Horizon Forbidden West (Want to have 100% game progression :)), I'm curious to know which graphical mode you chose for GT7?
I looked at some reviews online about this, and I've noticed that they say you can go for Ray Tracing mode (To enjoy Ray Tracing in menus and replays) because the frame rate is still very good while racing when you selected this mode. What do you recommend?

Thanks!

I usually opt for higher frame rates in games. I had heard the same thing after looking it up and thought I’d give RT a go, and it’s pretty good actually. Haven’t tried higher FR because I simply haven’t needed to. I’d say fo with RT and you’ll be fine