Going For The Platinum

So I'm finally starting my chase for the platinum trophy. I'm stubborn so I plan to use the PS4 controller rather than keyboard, because if nothing else I want to improve my thumb speed and accuracy for other games haha

Is there a list of top players or tutorial videos I can learn about the game from? Pretty much planning to eat/sleep/breathe this game until i have the platinum trophy even if it takes a year. Basically the more resources, the easier it should be. 

Also if anyone here has strategy tips I'd love to hear them. 

Messed around w zone 1 last night as Cadence and cleared it after a few tries but I don't it gets a billion times harder. 

• Like 4

Just to update, I have most of the "easier" trophies done. 

7 of 9 characters completed, working on Bolt then Aria last. 

I've seen one damn green bat so far. 

Haven't done the 6000 gold

Need to get a 2nd controller for 2 can tango. 

Those are really the only "easy" ones left. 

Edited by GodKaio-Ken
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well you have to listen to the music for audio cues when to move, each floor has a song being played once the song ends a trapdoor will take you away to the next floor, some people tend to use the song ending for a free and safe exit, if you didn't kill the miniboss before the song ends the Necrodancer will lock you up forcing you to kill the miniboss in a closed space to escape. Dancing to the beat will successfully grant you an increased amount of gold per kill, at some point you may have a leprechaun spawn, the leprechaun has the lucky charm which increases all the floor loot each floor to tier two and grants you bat protection which makes it, so bats can't attack you unless they are cornered, and you are in their way. Most new players try to get their hands on a long range weapon which allows you to poke the monsters one tile away, it can be useful in case you drop a beat, while if it was the one tile dagger that would be an unavoidable hit. Once you complete three floors you have to fight a boss, the bosses are randomized, so it's different every time, if you successfully defeat the boss without taking any damage and without dropping the beat you get a "Flawless Victory" which spawns in three chests near the exit, black chest tends to have armor, weapons and footwear, the purple chest tends to have spells, rings and scrolls, and the orange chest tends to have food, torches and charms. Choose wisely as you can only open one chest, then the other chest despawn. Bosses will progressively become more difficult the further you go into the crypt, you may notice the beat bars at the bottom of the screen aren't disappearing straight away that means you are going offbeat, depending on how fast the song is the beat will become more and more strict on how much you can go offbeat before ultimately dropping the beat, beware of what your character can and can't do as the lack of knowledge can end your run entirely, RNG plays a big role in this game, sometimes the RNG is so bad you can literally lose everything because of it. Good luck, you're gonna need it...

Edited by Kimura Takahashi

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2022 at 3:14 PM, saiyanbloodstyle said:

Good luck on that, i saw on a video that this is the hardest ever platinum to earn, is that true? Got to be up there as some of the hardest still.

Yes, it is the toughest platinum on PSN and the most difficult game to 100%. For the most part there are only two big roadblock trophies which is getting your first clear with the toughest character in the game and do low% runs in the all character's mode, The toughest character in the game is Coda which is unlocked once you get your first clear in the all character's mode, despite the all character's mode being very easy Coda is nowhere near the same difficult as the all character's mode, Three of the toughest characters in the game are combined all into one when playing as Coda, so you are permitted to the one tile dagger, can't take any hits without protection items, can't wait out songs, no standing still, no sloppy inputs, no missing beats, stepping in any amount of gold is an instant death, gold trapping, gold getting on the exit stairs, enemies that don't drop gold now drop gold, no losing track of your damage, no moving too early when an enemy is about to move, songs play twice as fast, the beat is twice as fast, offbeat is nonexisted, enemies react twice as fast and songs play at ridiculous speeds. Low% runs make it, so you can't pick up any items and can't activate any shrines. You are only permitted to use your starting loadout, which means one damage no matter what, no increased health, no armor unless they start with it, no headwear, no footwear unless they spawn with it, no torches, one tile dagger only, one free bomb for every character, and in order to get your health back up, you are only permitted to using your starting loadout, that means one damage no matter what, no increased health, no armour unless they start with it, no headwear, no footwear unless they spawn with it, no torches, one tile dagger only, one free bomb for every character and in order to get your health back up you have to rely on the Pixie fairies which only spawn on 4-3 which is the final floor in the game. Now combine that, but with the all character's modifications. All characters must be done in a row, without dying once, all in one sitting. So you're not doing one low% run you're doing nine low% runs with everyone in the game without dying once.

Edited by Kimura Takahashi