What would you rate Platinum difficulty compared to Shadow Warrior 1/2?

Quink666

Never played a Shadow Warrior game before and since i am a PSNow subscriber i figured i'd give this a go since the humor is right up my alley.

I will play this regardless of difficulty but i'd like to know how hard this platinum is compared to the two previous installments?

3 hours ago, Banana_Sausage47 said:

It's very easy. No difficulty trophies so everything can be done on easy. Only "hard" thing is making sure not to miss any upgrade points as currently there is no NG+ or even chapter select.

4 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Not hard at all as the difficulty trophies are gone. 3/10, doesn't get much easier for a non Ratalaika game. 

Just started this and man it's really fun to play and the main protagonist is hilarious. Will keep an eye on the upgrades, might even follow a video since there is no chapter select.

Two of the in game challenges that reward you with upgrade points are a bit glitchy the names for the challenges are Mr. Doctor and Run & Gun.

Mr Doctor requires you to heal 5000 health over the entire game and Run & Gun is kill 10 enemies during or soon after a wall run.

the POWERPYX guide suggests constantly checking to see if the number is going up and if it doesn't update then you can fix it by simply quitting out to the main menu and continuing from there, i can confirm this works.

As far as difficulty i agree its about 3/10 difficulty platinum if not a 2/10.

Edited by LoneGuitarist
  • Like 2

On 08/03/2022 at 10:49 PM, Quink666 said:

Just started this and man it's really fun to play and the main protagonist is hilarious. Will keep an eye on the upgrades, might even follow a video since there is no chapter select.

Wouldn't recommend doing this personally. I didn't use a guide for my first playthrough because trying to get the upgrades and all the missable combat related trophies just would have been too much to track, and would have got in the way of actually enjoying the game. My second playthrough going for upgrades only took only 5 hours with a guide.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Is the off-color humor from the original (1997) still around, or has it been toned down?

This is my first Shadow Warrior so i don't know about the humor in the earlier ones. But there is only two games that have had me laugh more then in this game and that is the two South Park games. I find most of the jokes in Shadow Warrior 3 to be great. It's a mix of vulgarity and childishness => Right up my alley.

• Like 2