Having completed Free Edition makes full game trophies harder?

I'd like to get started on this game to get it off my backlog, and most people seem to argue that one might as well complete the Free Edition first as progress carries over to the full version. From what I gather, some trophies will auto-pop, and others require you to do certain tasks one more time to get the game to check if you're eligible for the trophies. But I'm wondering about the added difficulty of working towards all those A++ trophies, since I would assume you keep the online ranks from the Free Edition. Will the AI bots still be pushovers at that point?

• 8 months later...

I can see this is an older post, but I had the same thoughts myself when going for this. I knocked all these out as the characters rotated in on the free version so I would just have to get 1 A++ match in the full version for each one respectively. If you are using the bots you should be fine, I finished them out with no issues even though the bots were at the highest rank with little trouble. Hope this helps! 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

To be honest, this still seems rather daunting. I've been putting this off for so long but been doing a bunch of sparring matches in the Free Edition as well as a couple of ranked matches with bots. I fear I might not be able to get A++ with higher level bots, because this game is just a mess. The targeting and lock-on system is bad.

I'm curious about whether I could perhaps boot up the retail edition on my PS5, where I don't have a Free Edition save file, get the A++ trophies out of the way, then delete that save file and work on the other trophies in the Free Edition, then start a new save file with the retail edition where I import the FE save data. Unless the save import is a one time opportunity that's registered via online servers and cannot be triggered again if you start over.