“Time Played” is completely off

jord39912

5 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Last week i played FF Crisis Core and it tracked perfectly. This week i played Elden Ring and it tracked only 6 hours instead of 40.

The ps5 version wasn't tracked at all, neither Plague tales i'm playing atm

I'm experiencing the exact same thing, I should be around 40 hours on Forspoken and it has been stuck at 6 hours played on my profile. Honestly my times are way off pretty much all the time, this is really frustrating.

1 hour ago, Numbius said:

It is updated every 24-28h, as long as you don't open the game again in all that time.
On ps4 time tracker is updated correctly.

We're talking about the time played tracker on PS5, not PS4. It's stopped tracking on PS5 altogether since around last Wednesday/Thursday.

Also as for your first sentence, I don't think that's accurate either. I play Genshin once a day for about an hour and it hasn't updated the hours at all for the past week.

Edited by hydruxxo

6 hours ago, hydruxxo said:

We're talking about the time played tracker on PS5, not PS4. It's stopped tracking on PS5 altogether since around last Wednesday/Thursday.

Also as for your first sentence, I don't think that's accurate either. I play Genshin once a day for about an hour and it hasn't updated the hours at all for the past week.

Maybe I have not explained myself well.

On PS5, since Wednesday, time tracker updates after 24-28 hours. But you can't play any game again in that time so it can be updated.

I played Dead Space, it updated after 26h.

I hope they finally fix it soon.

6 hours ago, Numbius said:

Maybe I have not explained myself well.

On PS5, since Wednesday, time tracker updates after 24-28 hours. But you can't play any game again in that time so it can be updated.

I played Dead Space, it updated after 26h.

I hope they finally fix it soon.

I can second this, the playtime for DiRT 5 did appear after about a day or so and I haven't touched it since, but the session I did on Doom Eternal last night has not tracked yet.

1 hour ago, CameronM1tchell said:

I can second this, the playtime for DiRT 5 did appear after about a day or so and I haven't touched it since, but the session I did on Doom Eternal last night has not tracked yet.

Same here. My most recent games weren't tracking at all but then the following day it has a time played showing now. It's still wrong though.

2 hours ago, CameronM1tchell said:

Still an inconvenience, i come off at around midnight so it kind of sucks having to wait until midnight to play and track or wait and play the next day 

It's still broken for me, it usually fixes itself after a few days but now it's close to 2 weeks that this feature is broken. The time only gets updated after 24 hours of not launching the game(as others have mentioned) and even then it's still inaccurate. 

Edited by Real_Colinio
Typos

I recently adquire a PS5 and still no time tracked in Astro Playroom, Demon's Souls and Hogwarts Legacy, OlliOlliWorld is tracked but mostly play on PS4, I don't know if when I play on PS5 in the PS4 version of the game is tracked.

I'm talking about the time tracked showed in exophase, I don't know if within the PS5 we can check this stat.

Edited by Steven-Spiegel

3 hours ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

I recently adquire a PS5 and still no time tracked in Astro Playroom, Demon's Souls and Hogwarts Legacy, OlliOlliWorld is tracked but mostly play on PS4, I don't know if when I play on PS5 in the PS4 version of the game is tracked.

I'm talking about the time tracked showed in exophase, I don't know if within the PS5 we can check this stat.

ps4 just tracks fine the playtime (can be viewed on exophase and ps5), must be something to do with the UI of the PS5 that nearly every month messed up. i hope after the huge ps5 update it will run hopefully better the playtime feature.

Hint:
if the playtime tracker brokes on ps5 when you guys notice in future, better playing the ps4 games on a ps4 [NOT on a Ps5] for accurate tracking, just my 2 cents :)

Edited by Infernofeuer1
edit

11 hours ago, FresHOnline_ said:

They need to fix this ASAP it's so annoying I've got 97% on GT7 says I've only played 29 hours it just looks stupid it's really annoying. 

Agreed. This has to be the longest Sony has taken to fix this issue out of the many times it has occured since the PS5 lauched with "time played" displayed on profile's played games. NOT GOOD.

Just yesterday I unlocked the platinum trophy for Minecraft (PS4) playing on my PS5. It takes 30+ hours to live 100 in-game days for Passing the Time but the game on my profile from a PS5 has only counted the 2.32 hours spent self-boosting the minigame trophies from Expansions 2+5 (exclusive to the Legacy Console Edition) on my PS4, bruh...

Edited by Dry

27 minutes ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

I think we should embrace this bug.

Think how impressed people will be when they see you've got a plat in an hour on a game that would usually take 20 hours. 1f609.png

Probably more likely they'll think you cheated rather than be impressed haha.

Hopefully they fix it in the next couple days. I don't expect this to ever get permanently fixed but I just want it to get sorted out soon. This is definitely the longest this bug has gone on when it has happened. Been close to two weeks.

13 minutes ago, hydruxxo said:

Probably more likely they'll think you cheated rather than be impressed haha.

Hopefully they fix it in the next couple days. I don't expect this to ever get permanently fixed but I just want it to get sorted out soon. This is definitely the longest this bug has gone on when it has happened. Been close to two weeks.

If they're wanting to display your time played more prominently in the next firmware update, then surely they've got to fix it sometime before March.

Though as it's Sony, I wouldn't hold my breath on that. I'm sure I remember a time on PS3 where noone could sync their trophies for months.

4 hours ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

If they're wanting to display your time played more prominently in the next firmware update, then surely they've got to fix it sometime before March.

Though as it's Sony, I wouldn't hold my breath on that. I'm sure I remember a time on PS3 where noone could sync their trophies for months.

Its kinda of embarrassing if they release that firmware where it show's the played time for each game on main menu but they don't fix the counter itself, let's see how it goes.

Definitely make sure you guys all contact support about the hours tracker on PS5 not working if you have a few minutes to do so over text chat on their site.

I've talked to them a few times over the last week and even got a case number + a few agents who said they'd escalate it to engineers, but I basically have to go into detail to tell them about it every time because I don't think it's something that many people are contacting them about. The more people we can get to tell support about it, the more of a chance it gets their attention and gets bumped up in priority. It's basically the only thing we can do other than wait so it's worth a shot.

Edited by hydruxxo
  • Like 3