“Time Played” is completely off

jord39912

Did it update the hours instantly for you guys or did it take some time? Because I just played a game for over an hour and it still isn't updating it for me

Edit: Okay it did update mine but it wasn't immediate. Took a while before it added it.

Edited by hydruxxo

15 minutes ago, TheRetroManiac said:

At this point, when the thing is working perfectly fine, just idle your console when you sleep and get the hours played up on the games that are not tracking because of this shitty bug it's almost like we have to do everything ourselves because I hate seeing stupid shit like 1 hour played it looks so dumb lol.

Sure. You can pay my electricity bill, if you like.

This Time Played thing isn't really that important, is it?

• Like 2

On 14/02/2023 at 2:47 PM, HusKy said:

Used to be pretty accurate for me, but the numbers from the last 2 weeks are 10% of what I actually played.

this.

Hogwarts says less than 1h despite my save file saying 23h.

Also it says i never played RDR 2. lol but its a messy feature thats almost pointless when numerous tracking sites exist

On 15/02/2023 at 8:47 AM, HusKy said:

Used to be pretty accurate for me, but the numbers from the last 2 weeks are 10% of what I actually played.

Ever since people have been getting their early PSVR2s and the sony apis and beta software updates have been getting released, the time played hasnt been counting at all so something has been broken

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

but its a messy feature thats almost pointless when numerous tracking sites exist

Yeah, I use PS Timetracker since last summer and I'm very happy with it (accurate tracking, sessions log, graphs, sends me weekly summaries) and use the data for a spreadsheet where I track my expenses and playtime across multiple systems, but still, I hope they'll fix console tracking. Having to relay on a third party site just to get accurate playtime feels rather archaic to me. Even the Switch tracks playtime correctly (if you only use one Switch per account).

45 minutes ago, IsoBlytee said:

Does it go down for everyone or is it individual?

Going by the thread here, it seems to go down for everyone at the same time, but not everyone notices it right away. It also partially catches up if you don't play for 24 hours, but is generally very erratic in the time window when the problem occurs. It's been every month for a few days, and since December or so the outages have gotten longer.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, mrmivo said:

Yeah, I use PS Timetracker since last summer and I'm very happy with it (accurate tracking, sessions log, graphs, sends me weekly summaries) and use the data for a spreadsheet where I track my expenses and playtime across multiple systems, but still, I hope they'll fix console tracking. Having to relay on a third party site just to get accurate playtime feels rather archaic to me. Even the Switch tracks playtime correctly (if you only use one Switch per account).

oh nice. thanks for that, ill check it out

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrmivo said:

Going by the thread here, it seems to go down for everyone at the same time, but not everyone notices it right away. It also partially catches up if you don't play for 24 hours, but is generally very erratic in the time window when the problem occurs. It's been every month for a few days, and since December or so the outages have gotten longer.

Thanks for the link! I signed up :)

It appears that I have 8k hours on psn, is that the sum of the Sony counter, the same of the profiles?

• Like 1

Who would have thought the 3DS still has the best playtime tracker on any home console/portable? The activity log was so good and most importantly it was always accurate. I could even track my average time played and compare across the copious amounts of Pokemon and Fire Emblem games I had played. 

It's never been as good since sadly. My PS5 doesn't even track my time played when I play on my PS4 and for the games I do play on PS5, the tracking is completely off. 

I wonder why they can't fix it? It is obvious that the time on their servers is correct. This can be seen in the annual summary. The problem is in different regions, all over the world.

I don't care... but it's better to remove this feature than to make it such a mess.

PS: I would love to be able to remove trophies,  but it will never happen...