“Time Played” is completely off

jord39912

Working fine for me, just takes a while to update the hours which is still annoying of course considering it should be updating it immediately like it used to. Played Hogwarts Legacy for two hours last night and it added the hours by the time I checked it this morning.

Edited by hydruxxo

I've written off the time played stats ever being accurate... which sucks because I really enjoy looking at my gaming stats. Definitely seems to be a PS5 issue.

Being online doesn't seem to make any difference for me, my consoles are always online. I know several people have mentioned their stats eventually update, mine never do. Some games it seems to track every hour just fine, others it shows laughably small times. There's no consistency.

Even if this does get permanently fixed, it looks like a good portion of my stats will be inaccurate forever. What a bummer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hydruxxo said:

Is nobody else having this problem right now?

I stopped paying attention to it because it was sucking the fun out of the PS5 for me. I still use PS Timetracker instead and add times to a spreadsheet I built. I do wish they fixed PS5 time tracking for good as it would be the most convenient way of tracking), but it seems to have been getting progressively worse without any kind of acknowledgement by Sony.

2 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

Even if this does get permanently fixed, it looks like a good portion of my stats will be inaccurate forever. What a bummer.

It depends on how they fix it. We know Sony has accurate playtime data that differs from what the PS5 is tracking. The annual reports seem accurate, and you can request your data from Sony (under GDPR in the EU and something similar in the US) which includes playtime being tracked on Sony's backend. I feel the proper way to fix this would be to use that backend data instead of having two different systems for tracking playtime. This would retroactively correct the data shown on the PS5. 

Edited by mrmivo

Around 40h into Hogwarts Legacy and my timer has completely stopped going forward after the 8h mark. They should really fix that, such a cool functionality, wasted because of bad programming and complete lack of interest by Sony in fixing it. I really like knowing how much time Ive spent playing a game, and it bugs me that they gave us such a broken way to do it. I'd rather not have something if it's going to be useless, unreliable and broken like this...

Anyway, good thing there are sites like https://ps-timetracker.com that provide us with a workaround - one that really works, flawlessly, I might add.

Edited by Gildo1993
  • Like 3

I wonder what we, as a community, could do to get Sony's attention for this issue. We've been posting here and some of us spoke to customer support agents, but so far this didn't seem to yield results.

What could we do to get some traction?

• Like 4

I’m having the same problem as everyone else here. My games list isn’t updating and when it does it’s not showing any time played whatsoever. It’s just blank. 

Edited by Sgznq
  • Like 3

On 05/03/2023 at 5:12 PM, DaivRules said:

Every single one of you file a tech support request and get a support ticket number and post it here. With tech support, if there’s no ticket number, it’s not getting fixed. With enough ticket numbers for the same issue, it gets prioritized higher. 

Don’t spam customer service though. Be frank: “I have an issue with Time Played being incorrect and have X game showing Y hours and Z minutes, but the game time is actually Y+N hours and Z+M minutes. I’d like to get a support ticket started so it can be resolved.”

Just get one ticket number per person. 

That will get Tech Supports attention. 

Not sure why time played is so important to some..In most cases the in game save file will have play time...

But it seems fixed now. However the "Friends who Play" shows "no one plays this" for every game LOL