“Time Played” is completely off

jord39912

14 hours ago, Arzoden said:

How strange, mine works just fine for every game i have played until now.

Perhaps it was fixed with an update?

Well now I think it has been fixed. It seems to be working just fine now, at least for me. It was a period of about a month where it just barely tracked any of my games

• 1 month later...

You need to be online but even then it done not work 100% of the time over the last two day games I have played have stop showing up even if I try to re play the last game I played still won’t show. Most of the time it will ok to a point it some time stops showing amount of time played offer times it won’t show games played.

douse it make any difference if the game is on the on board ssd or  a m.2 as I mainly play all my ps5 of the m.2

• 1 month later...

This is still an issue. I don't know if any of my other times are wrong but Stray definitely is. When I first started it on release day it tracked just fine, saying 0.87 hours. I already finished it after multiple sessions and with playing other games in between and always completely closing the games when not playing. And the PS5 always tracked all games correctly in "last played". However, Stray's game time only increased to 0.89 hours, ingame counter says nearly 4 hours 42 minutes.

Really grinds my gears because I like such stats. But them being wrong is worse than not having them at all imho.

Since February I will open a game and play for let’s say 2 hours. I will close the game after 2 hours but my profile will say I last played the game 2 hours ago, and the total playtime counter will not update/increase.

I have tried everything under the sun to get this fixed. I have done multiple factory resets, I have gone into safe mode + cleared cache + rebuilt database.

I recently discovered there was a ‘Sync with PSN’ option when you go to Settings > Saved Data > Game Status. Every time I clicked that after I closed a game it would update my hours for me which was great. I had a power cut the other day and since then that button no longer works so now I have no way of tracking my playtime. 

most of you will say it doesn’t matter but I like to see my statistics on games etc and it really triggers my OCD. 

For Example I played Elden Ring for 30 minutes, closed the game and it says I played the game 30 minutes ago and that will not count towards my hours played. It should say ‘Played Just Now’

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

For me it's like with OP, I love stats in games. That is what hooked me on Steam back in the day and I was sad that there were no such option on PS4. So in 2020 I took matters into my own hands. Now this may sound crazy, but I downloaded an app to my phone, called Toggl tracer, in where I track my playtime. I make a "project" for a game and then I start a timer when I play and stop when I'm done. This allows me to see what games I have spent most time per month or per year.

As for the PS5 feature, I take it as a pretty good estimate of the game time. I have seen it be +- 1 or 2 hours according to my own statistics. But still I hope it could be more accurate and that it would give an opportunity to see total game time per week, month or a year.

Am I way too into stats? Naah, cant be, right..

This feature needs a fix for sure, some days works fine and some days it doesn't,  the last few days the tracker has not increased the hours played of almost any of my games (im always online btw), i have seen complains about this since the launch of the ps5, i guess sony doesn't mind fixing this.

It's definitely a nice feature, but I just don't care about it anymore. It's broken af. There are other websites that track your total time much better, though I rather have it simple on Playstation.

I noticed my Ghost of Tsushima (physical) froze at 103h. Then I download the PS+ version to play the DLC and it opened a new PS4 tab for the same game (not even a "special" Director's Cut label) with +20h.

On the other hand, I have +1400h on Gems of War. Sony doesn't miss any minute in that fucker ?

26 minutes ago, xVeintiocho2o2 said:

Mine is frozen and won't increase anymore, even left my system on all night. Just started happening this week, not just me?

Plucking my nerves

Same situation here. In my case "time played" stopped counting since Monday night (my timezone).

Seems like the PS5 time tracker definitely undercounts time spent in a game.

My profile shows about 13 fewer hours played in Horizon Forbidden West compared to the time tracked when I make a manual save file. The exact same thing happened in Immortals Fenyx Rising. And I've got the platinum in Wytchwood, but my profile indicates I only played that game for 4 hours. There's no way I completed it that fast, it was probably more like 12-15 hours.

Steam's tracking is the most accurate by far, I wish everyone did it that way. Even time tracking on Nintendo Switch in increments of 5 hours is more accurate than what PS5 is tracking right now.

15 minutes ago, KingRyzin said:

Appearing offline makes it not track as well, just adding that

That makes sense, I'm always appearing offline and the counters are all over the place. 

It's not that big of a deal to me honestly, I can live without it, although I like stats like that. It's kinda sad that in 2022 such things are... Well, not shocking. Maybe they should be, despite their insignificance. 

Mine stopped completely tracking atm, I plated thymesia over the week and it says I played 1hour, plated in 1 hour right, also started stray for about 2 hours and the game doesn't even appear in my played games many hours after closing it.

OCD hitting hard right now |: 

Edited by Clichezor

Five days have passed, my PS5 still isn’t counting my time played but my day one PS4 IS counting. I know this because I’m currently self-boosting headshot kills on H1Z1: Battle Royale for this account on PS5 versus my United States alt. account on PS4, I can see the hours rising after every session viewing my alt. account’s games history on PS5 but no increase for me. I’m stuck at 8 hours on the EU version and 3 hours on the NA version, FYI.