“Time Played” is completely off

jord39912

20 hours ago, Gerardus94 said:

I noticed some changes in my playtime too, it's a mess for me, yesterday i had 706 hours in Yu Gi Oh! Master Duel, today i have 622 & other games went up or down in playtime

My PS5 stack of Fortnite jumped from ~818 hours down to 61 hours which is just ludicrously inaccurate. Exophase is still tracking the correct time even after a profile sync, which I find interesting!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GraniteSnake said:

Exophase is still tracking the correct time even after a profile sync, which I find interesting!

That offers some hope that it may just be a display issue on the console. Maybe that is what it always been, which would explain why the annual recaps always had accurate times.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

On one my private profiles, Destiny 2 went from 500 plus  hours on ps5 to 79, and I can guarantee I've played 500 plus hours on it. It was 79 on both homescreen and profile but I know its wrong as got a screenshot from months ago where it said 519.

GT7 ps5 from 154 on homescreen to 102 on my profile. The in game save says 150 hours.

Jurassic World Evolution 2 PS5. 98 hours on menu, 28 on profile. Huge drop. Another game that I know had the hours in.

Dirt 5 ps5 version from 14 hours to less then one.

Assetto Corsa Competizione went from 27 to 24, F1 23 from 27 to 24. Both ps5 games.

On this profile Destiny 2 went from 27 to 20, again ps5 version. But I'm tired of checking anymore.

Looks like its any ps5 game ive played in the last week. *scrap that found one from 3 months ago, was 88 now 53... *

Either Sony should fix it properly or remove it, its never worked unlike Xbox and Steam.

Going back to PS3.... don't have to worry about broken play time tracking there. 

Edited by PNMotorsportUK
Further research on my profiles

I think they fixed the recent issue. My hours are back to where they were last week. Previously missing hours (from a year or two ago) are still missing, but the drastic changes from last week seem to have been reverted.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mrmivo said:

I think they fixed the recent issue. My hours are back to where they were last week. Previously missing hours (from a year or two ago) are still missing, but the drastic changes from last week seem to have been reverted.

Same for me, I'm surprised they did something.

Yep, the hours are gone again. I suppose the good news is that we've seen that they can make changes back and forth, and that they have different sets of data, so in theory they could fix all this for good. Maybe one day!

• Like 1

So who thinks this will be fixed? It does my OCD in when I look at my GT7 save and it says 150 hours yet on my profile it don't haha. (On my private profile it's 103 ps5 which is wrong and 6 for ps4 version which still don't add up)

And without my 542 hours on Destiny 2, with The Final Shape out tomorrow, would love it to be more accurate.... not 80. Again on my private account.

Not gonna hold my breath though....

8 hours ago, PNMotorsportUK said:

Update.

Say it quietly so not to scare it, but I think it might be fixed. I've now got 604 hours on Destiny 2 on private account. GT7 went to 177

Yup, seems to be fixed, every game that went down came back to the right played time before the last "fix".

Some have been fixed others are still wrong.

While most of the play time has been restored, some titles now have a higher play time than they did prior to the "fix".

Eg. Demon Souls now shows 57h played but when I check the game page in my library, it tells me 40h.

This feature is so broken that they should just scrap it, along with the played area on profile. 

• 3 weeks later...

Are Sony ever gonna fix this issue? It's been a complete mess forever. I've played numerous games on my PS4 recently and non of them are even registering as being played, never mind the total hours being accounted for. Why do they even have this on our systems if they can't even do the simple things right.

It’s crazy how an easy feature like doesn’t even work properly on a next gen console, such ashamed ! 

no tracking time on Toy Story 2 and 20 hours off on demon’s soul , rest seems okay

• Like 1