AFK methods

KosssteK

Hi. 
I would like to ask you guys what do you think about AFK methods for trophies that are borderline stupid when it comes to grinding? 
Of course im thinking about 50lvl and 322 races complete grind.
- Do you think it is ok to make some cheeky rubber band things to make it less of a chore?
- How is it perceived in the community?
- Do you think game developers should make trophies about skill (like in GT5 Vettel challange) or just time spent on the game (like 50lvl and 322 races)?
- Is it legal to do those AFK methods (online/offline)?

54 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Provided you're not physically messing with your save file/hacking your console or doing this in a public lobby, no-one cares if you AFK your trophies. Personally, I don't see the point of AFK'ing trophies but that's just me :).

Even if the trophy is basically grind for the next 100 hours one race?

You can't really AFK the 322 races, because that's in Sport mode, which is online multiplayer and if you get out of the track and get way far behind and/or are ghosting too much, you'll get a DNF which in the end doesn't count towards your 322 races.

For the level 50 one, it's up to you really. By the time you finish the offline 100% and get all the other online trophies, you'll comfortably be over level 40 and the last bit isn't really that bad...it's a grind I agree, but if you do it right, you can get ~40k XP per hour of driving compared to rubber banding AFK which gives you like ~60k XP for 24 hours, so do the math, which is more efficient.

In the end of the day it's always up to you. :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AttilaThe13th said:

You can't really AFK the 322 races, because that's in Sport mode, which is online multiplayer and if you get out of the track and get way far behind and/or are ghosting too much, you'll get a DNF which in the end doesn't count towards your 322 races.

For the level 50 one, it's up to you really. By the time you finish the offline 100% and get all the other online trophies, you'll comfortably be over level 40 and the last bit isn't really that bad...it's a grind I agree, but if you do it right, you can get ~40k XP per hour of driving compared to rubber banding AFK which gives you like ~60k XP for 24 hours, so do the math, which is more efficient.

In the end of the day it's always up to you. :)

@AttilaThe13th the best farming XP method is Blue Moon? Or you discover any other method that is better than this one?

3 hours ago, UserNameButcher said:

@AttilaThe13th the best farming XP method is Blue Moon? Or you discover any other method that is better than this one?

I myself use the Blue Moon method, because it gives me 375k credits and 8250xp if I get the clean win with the Xbow on N300. Many users hate it, because it's 15 laps of boredom that lasts 12 minutes, but I like it for the simplicity and length.

Some are doing Le Mans as well, but I just hate that track, especially with the chicanes, so Blue Moon for me. :)

200k XP fir me and I'm done. :D

3 hours ago, AttilaThe13th said:

I myself use the Blue Moon method, because it gives me 375k credits and 8250xp if I get the clean win with the Xbow on N300. Many users hate it, because it's 15 laps of boredom that lasts 12 minutes, but I like it for the simplicity and length.

Some are doing Le Mans as well, but I just hate that track, especially with the chicanes, so Blue Moon for me. :)

200k XP fir me and I'm done. :D

Really thank you, i did see one Blue Moon guide on Youtube but with the Mazda RX500 i'´ll take a look with KTM X-bow then, i don't mind we need to do and i still have a long way to go yet. I should be more than Level 40 when i'm done with everything in the game. Working in the wins since the tracks this week are really good.

Thank you again and i hope you get you Platinum pretty soon.

4 hours ago, UserNameButcher said:

Really thank you, i did see one Blue Moon guide on Youtube but with the Mazda RX500 i'´ll take a look with KTM X-bow then, i don't mind we need to do and i still have a long way to go yet. I should be more than Level 40 when i'm done with everything in the game. Working in the wins since the tracks this week are really good.

Thank you again and i hope you get you Platinum pretty soon.

You're very welcome and thanks! :)

I already posted this video several times on the forums, so here it is again. This is the guide I followed and it did wonders for me. The best of luck and have fun! :D

On 09/03/2022 at 10:24 PM, AttilaThe13th said:

Actually Blue Moon Bay gives ~40k per hour (8025xp per race) and AFK method ~15k per hour (3050 per race). And when you sleep you get 0 from driving and 15k from AFK, so from my math it is more efficient to AFK when sleeping/at work and driving.

When you get to 40 lvl you gathered 300k xp so to lvl 50 there is still 2kk to go. It is still 242 races to complete. 50 hours od blue moon bay. Thats a lot of racing the same track if you ask me. And getting this much xp racing online is impossible.

Edited by KosssteK

12 hours ago, AttilaThe13th said:

You're very welcome and thanks! :)

I already posted this video several times on the forums, so here it is again. This is the guide I followed and it did wonders for me. The best of luck and have fun! :D

Thanks for sending again, i just saved this on my playlist on Youtube. I´ll try this when i'm done with 91 wins and 322 races. After that i'll finish the Licenses and work in the final grind. 

4 hours ago, KosssteK said:

I used AFK method for both online and offline when I was sleeping and it has shorten my grind a lot but at the same time I haven't ruined anyones enjoyment of the game.

How did you grind the online, when i mean the online is 322 races because you get kicked after some time idle, has a way for that?

15 hours ago, damikiller2 said:

To level up I personally prefer the Nostalgic 1979 Race 2 (La Sarthe) with the Ferrari 330 P4 '67, 4950XP every 06:40-06:50 mins.

Thanks i'll take a look in this one as well. The only problem is the value of Ferrari 330 P4 '67 that cost 20.000.000 is missing like 12.000.000 for me, after i´ve this money i can try and test if its good as well. I'll do the KTM X-Bow first.

Thanks everyone.

1 hour ago, UserNameButcher said:

How did you grind the online, when i mean the online is 322 races because you get kicked after some time idle, has a way for that?

I used rubber band on the left stick to turn left and rubber band on R2 like 1/10 of power.
But then there was a problem accepting another match. So I made my own keyboard macro and I set it up to repeat itself. And that was really long process to set it up :P

I like Blue Moon Bay cause you can watch youtube and driving at the same time.

• 1 year later...
On 11. 3. 2022. at 1:46 PM, KosssteK said:

I used rubber band on the left stick to turn left and rubber band on R2 like 1/10 of power.
But then there was a problem accepting another match. So I made my own keyboard macro and I set it up to repeat itself. And that was really long process to set it up :P

I like Blue Moon Bay cause you can watch youtube and driving at the same time.

Do you happen to have the keyboard macro still, if so i would really appreciate if you could share it 

• 1 month later...