Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection

Haven't played some of these at all because I never owned the systems, and others like Hyperstone Heist and Arcade Game I haven't played in so many years! The excitement is real!

The biggest part is that they are doing a physical version, which is bloody brilliant!

Cowabunga! ?

• Like 1

I remember playing my fair share of these at a cousin's house when I was a kid and loving every second of them. Probably among the first games I remember playing on a Nintendo system at the time. It's so nice seeing retro collections like these get released for modern audiences. All these retro games have an undeniable amount of charm into them, at least in my eyes.

Wiil buy for a fair price later down the road. :D

Edited by Honor_Hand
  • Like 4

I played the Game Boy version while the Pokémon generational gaps... Dude, this is so freaking awesome!

Would like to see the NGC versions remake or having a port too. The music is hitting me, and I can recall so vividly those hard 8-bits shuriken strikes, wow... 

Im honestly in the minority that actually loved the first nes tmnt game. It had its issues but i loved the core gameplay and would have loved to see a sequel that used the core style and ironed out its more janky issues but i wouldn't blame them for just coping the arcade game for the later nes installments since it was so huge at the time(i didn't play it until the gamecube where it was an unlockable in one of the gcn games)

1980s and 1990s era kids can finally rejoice about something.

Sadly I missed out on the old TMNT of the 1980s because I was much too young. I managed to catch the tail end of it. We had a local Chuck E Cheese joint back in the 1990s. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time was one of the arcade cabinets there, along with The Simpsons Arcade.

Immediate buy for me. Can't wait for this to come out.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Hyperstone Heist on Sega Genesis was my childhood! 

PIIIIIZZZZZZAAAAAAA POOOOOOOWWWWWWWWEEEEEEERRRR! :D 

I'm definitely gonna get physical for this!

I cannot tell you how refreshing it is to hear somebody else talk about old but classic Sega Genesis that wasn't just Sonic the Hedgehog. Holy shit. Everyone on this website either grew up on the arcade cabinets, the Super Nintendo or the PlayStation 1. Never a Sega console.

Thank you.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Hyperstone Heist on Sega Genesis was my childhood! 

PIIIIIZZZZZZAAAAAAA POOOOOOOWWWWWWWWEEEEEEERRRR! :D 

I'm definitely gonna get physical for this!

Hyperstone Heist was one of my most played SEGA Genesis games growing up, this might be the first one I play out of the entire collection when I buy it. I feel like we're getting nice and spoiled for Turtles games this year, first Shredder's Revenge and now this!

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I cannot tell you how refreshing it is to hear somebody else talk about old but classic Sega Genesis that wasn't just Sonic the Hedgehog. Holy shit. Everyone on this website either grew up on the arcade cabinets, the Super Nintendo or the PlayStation 1. Never a Sega console.

Thank you.

I bought my Megadrive II bundled with TMNT HH. Loved it. I was a Sega kid too

Edited by Klart
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Thank you.

Haha no worries, I find there's not too many Sega guys, most people grew up on Nintendo.

I grew up on Sega Genesis before getting N64, so I played that thing like a good 8 years of my childhood! My first game ever was Sonic 2 (of course it was :P ), but I used to log so many hours on it, with my favourites being Mean Bean Machine, Sonic Spinball, TMNT, NBA Jam, a bunch of Disney games (Aladdin, Lion King, Beauty & The Beast, & Jungle Book) as well as Desert/Jungle Strike, Jurassic Park, James Pond, Ecco and more!! The Genesis is still hooked up at my brother's house so whenever I visit him we play all the classics! Even used to have the old Michael Jackson Moonwalker game, but the cartridge broke. Good times!

Still had never succeeded in finishing Ecco and a bunch of the other games though...

14 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Hyperstone Heist was one of my most played SEGA Genesis games growing up, this might be the first one I play out of the entire collection when I buy it. I feel like we're getting nice and spoiled for Turtles games this year, first Shredder's Revenge and now this!

Yeah I used to play this almost every day as a kid! I never actually knew how to do any of the special moves though, I would always just mash random buttons and hope it worked lol.

I love when classic games from my childhood get added to Playstation! I got both Sega Genesis compilations (PS3 & PS4), and there's no chance I'd miss this one! Especially since I've never experienced any of the other TMNT games from back then! I imagine the game will run very similar to the Castlevania Anniversary Collection, so even if there's something we never beat as kids, we can always rewind if needed to get through it! I just hope the trophy list has a plat this time though!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Haha no worries, I find there's not too many Sega guys, most people grew up on Nintendo.

I grew up on Sega Genesis before getting N64, so I played that thing like a good 8 years of my childhood! My first game ever was Sonic 2 (of course it was :P ), but I used to log so many hours on it, with my favourites being Mean Bean Machine, Sonic Spinball, TMNT, NBA Jam, a bunch of Disney games (Aladdin, Lion King, Beauty & The Beast, & Jungle Book) as well as Desert/Jungle Strike, Jurassic Park, James Pond, Ecco and more!! The Genesis is still hooked up at my brother's house so whenever I visit him we play all the classics! Even used to have the old Michael Jackson Moonwalker game, but the cartridge broke. Good times!

Still had never succeeded in finishing Ecco and a bunch of the other games though...

I missed out on Michael Jackson. Knew him from his Thriller music video, Billie Jean, Black or White, etc. But never got to play his game as a kid.

It wasn’t until Angry Video Game Nerd posted a video on the game that I was really aware of it. Have since played thru it a number of times. 

For a Sega Genesis game, it actually wasn’t that hard. They took all of Michael’s most popular songs and put them into the game. They even threw an animation in where the zombies dance with Michael. Always thought that was neat. 

Played all the Sonics. Mean Bean Machine was very difficult for kids. They took the characters from the old Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon. Was a big fan of the show, believe it or not. 

Played most of the Disney games. Watched Aladdin and The Lion King in theaters. I tell people that and they think I’m some old guy.

Ecco was pretty difficult. Never could finish it.

• Like 2