Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection

1 minute ago, AJ_Radio said:

I missed out on Michael Jackson. Knew him from his Thriller music video, Billie Jean, Black or White, etc. But never got to play his game as a kid.

It wasn’t until Angry Video Game Nerd posted a video on the game that I was really aware of it. Have since played thru it a number of times. 

For a Sega Genesis game, it actually wasn’t that hard. They took all of Michael’s most popular songs and put them into the game. They even threw an animation in where the zombies dance with Michael. Always thought that was neat. 

Played all the Sonics. Mean Bean Machine was very difficult for kids. They took the characters from the old Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon. Was a big fan of the show, believe it or not. 

Played most of the Disney games. Watched Aladdin and The Lion King in theaters. I tell people that and they think I’m some old guy.

Ecco was pretty difficult. Never could finish it.

I found the opposite for MBM, I played that game so often that I could beat the game on the hardest difficulty really easily! Although if I played Columns instead, I was absolutely terrible at that one! Guess since I grew up on MBM, it came naturally for me! I always heard people complaining about Sonic Spinball too nowadays, but I never recalled ever having trouble with it!

Yeah, I forgot to mention that almost all those games I listed I beat many many times. :P The ones I couldn't finish were Ecco, James Pond, Beauty & the Beast, Valis III, and High Seas Havoc. The Havoc game was one of my favourite games to play, and I went back to it last year. I can easily get to the final boss, but even to this day I have never succeeded in beating it! One day though! 

Anyway to stay on topic, the last time I was this excited for a Genesis game getting re-released was when they released the Aladdin/Lion King collection! Total nostalgia overload!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I found the opposite for MBM, I played that game so often that I could beat the game on the hardest difficulty really easily! Although if I played Columns instead, I was absolutely terrible at that one! Guess since I grew up on MBM, it came naturally for me! I always heard people complaining about Sonic Spinball too nowadays, but I never recalled ever having trouble with it!

Yeah, I forgot to mention that almost all those games I listed I beat many many times. :P The ones I couldn't finish were Ecco, James Pond, Beauty & the Beast, Valis III, and High Seas Havoc. The Havoc game was one of my favourite games to play, and I went back to it last year. I can easily get to the final boss, but even to this day I have never succeeded in beating it! One day though! 

Anyway to stay on topic, the last time I was this excited for a Genesis game getting re-released was when they released the Aladdin/Lion King collection! Total nostalgia overload!

I recognized a lot of the characters in Mean Bean Machine. Game had soul and personality. Good sense of humor. 

I was always bad at Pinball. Had to use save states for both trophies in Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection and SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics for Sonic Spinball.

I’m waiting for a discount on the Aladdin/Lion King collection, if there isn’t one going right now. 

I don’t even care if the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle collection has a platinum or not, I’m still going to buy it. I’m hoping there is a little more variety to the actual trophy list.

3 hours ago, scorpafied said:

Time to get a vpn then so u can keep accessing everything

VPN will not help in that case, because Sony blocked all the transactions via the psn store, so vpn or not - it doesn't really matter, you just can't buy anything, you can't use your Visa card, you can't use PayPal, because it was blocked too.

4 hours ago, Helyx said:

Contra Hard Corps

The best Contra ever and one of my favourite games ever. I can't even tell how many hours I've spent playing this game on my Sega Mega Drive back in the 1994, those were the times.

• Like 1

Day 1 for me. I'll probably get a physical copy since that's an option and I have a feeling the game will be delisted in 5 years or sooner anyway.

That's a ton of games. I would like a 2003 series bundle as well someday.

TMNT 2000s Collection (they could come up with a better name than I just did)

TMNT

TMNT 2: Battle Nexus

TMNT 3: Mutant Nightmare

TMNT: Mutant Melee

• Like 2

On 3/10/2022 at 4:06 PM, Lord_Bane999 said:

So excited for this collection, really hope Konami does more of these collections so great to be able to play all the classic titles.

Would love to see a Gradius or Sports Collection next (Blades of Steel 2665.png)

On 3/10/2022 at 9:50 PM, Helyx said:

Gradius is awesome. 

Haven't seen a collection since PSP.

The (Konami) Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection for PS4 contains quite a few classic shooters, including Gradius I and II (by their alternate names Nemesis and Vulcan Venture). It also has Life Force, a spin-off of Gradius. It is regularly on sale for 75 to 80% off.

21 hours ago, Guardian_owl said:

The (Konami) Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection for PS4 contains quite a few classic shooters, including Gradius I and II (by their alternate names Nemesis and Vulcan Venture). It also has Life Force, a spin-off of Gradius. It is regularly on sale for 75 to 80% off.

Yes I own that one and the Contra and Castlevania collections just would prefer a more personalized one :)

On 3/13/2022 at 7:31 PM, ChiefMichigan said:

Day 1 for me. I'll probably get a physical copy since that's an option and I have a feeling the game will be delisted in 5 years or sooner anyway.

That's a ton of games. I would like a 2003 series bundle as well someday.

TMNT 2000s Collection (they could come up with a better name than I just did)

TMNT

TMNT 2: Battle Nexus

TMNT 3: Mutant Nightmare

TMNT: Mutant Melee

2003 collection would be amazing. Actually there are 7 games based on 2003 series:

TMNT (GC, PC, PS2, Xbox)

TMNT (GBA)

TMNT 2: Battle Nexus (GC, PC, PS2, Xbox)

TMNT 2: Battle Nexus (GBA)

TMNT 3: Mutant Nightmare (GC, PS2, Xbox)

TMNT 3: Mutant Nightmare (DS)

TMNT: Mutant Melee (GC, PC, PS2, Xbox)

• Like 2

On 3/15/2022 at 3:54 PM, kenseizenkai said:

2003 collection would be amazing. Actually there are 7 games based on 2003 series:

TMNT (GC, PC, PS2, Xbox)

TMNT (GBA)

TMNT 2: Battle Nexus (GC, PC, PS2, Xbox)

TMNT 2: Battle Nexus (GBA)

TMNT 3: Mutant Nightmare (GC, PS2, Xbox)

TMNT 3: Mutant Nightmare (DS)

TMNT: Mutant Melee (GC, PC, PS2, Xbox)

They should probably roll with the name changes over the years, and call it something like the "Ninja Hero" collection. :)

A bit like how these days you can:

Biohazard 7 : Resident Evil

or

Resident Evil 7 : Biohazard

• Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 11:31 AM, Jerry_Appleby said:

Even used to have the old Michael Jackson Moonwalker game, but the cartridge broke. Good times!

Have you ever played the arcade version?

I never really like the Genesis version because all I could think about is the arcade version. Have you ever played it? 3 Michael Jackson's in 3 player coop. I mean it's basically Diablo, but before we knew about Dungeon Crawlers and like Cannon Spike. and I mean well it has Golden Axe style summons where MIchael Jackson plays his music.

Such batshit crazy ideas but in a time when everything was awesome. I doubt it will ever get a re-release, which is a huge shame.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

On 3/16/2022 at 7:57 PM, enaysoft said:

I never really like the Genesis version because all I could think about is the arcade version. Have you ever played it? 3 Michael Jackson's in 3 player coop. I mean it's basically Diablo, but before we knew about Dungeon Crawlers and like Cannon Spike. and I mean well it has Golden Axe style summons where MIchael Jackson plays his music.

Such batshit crazy ideas but in a time when everything was awesome. I doubt it will ever get a re-release, which is a huge shame.

Damn that looks awesome! Those games have the best soundtracks! :D 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 7:57 PM, enaysoft said:

As much as I hate to admit it, I blame Michael Jackson himself for barring Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles from getting a badly needed re-release. There is some positive news that we may finally get these games. It's been far too long and I'd rather not play the older Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection to revisit these games unless I'm using an emulator. I was really bummed out when Sega Mega Drive & Genesis classics didn't have these games. Ecco the Dolphin was also missing from the collection.

There was a lot of articles discussing MJ's involvement with Sonic the Hedgehog 3, although from what I understand Jackson's name didn't appear in the credits.

Because of MJ's legendary status, his legacy and his music being under strict copyright, I honestly don't know if we'll see a re-release of this arcade game. That and the Sega Genesis Michael Jackson game in one bundle would be pretty awesome.

there was a 7eleven near a friend of mines house that had the arcade version of TMNT, we pumped so many quarters into that over the years over a slushy.  Man those were the days.  kids would never be allowed to go to the 7eleven and hang out now days.  We did whatever we wanted the whole neighborhood was our playground.