Free Returnal Update Adds Co-op + Game Mode

Maxemole

Just now, JunkSkelington said:

Looks like an endless tower / horde mode situation.  Definitely hope there's new trophies, would love a reason to come back and play this.

It looks like the tower expands on the story too which is awesome. I'm especially pleased since Housemarque said they're working on a new IP next.  Hope they don't forget about Returnal!

Just now, N4phr0n said:

I'm really looking forward to returning to this game but I'm worried about trophies related to progress in that tower. Those could be super challenging and I really hate those game modes.

Yeah if there are trophies I'd expect them to be difficult. Personally I'm excited about challenging trophies but they're not for everyone for sure.

• Like 2

Just now, Fr_0zt said:

Love that they are adding coop but honestly don't want new trophies, the platinum was troublesome enough.  I just wanna go in a shoot fools with other people, maybe even help some get the platinum. 

I get what you mean, but at least this would be a separate set and not count towards the plat!

Just now, Zuntenshi said:

I'll take anything new for the game. And this looks really solid. Co-op is definitely a nice surprise. Just a shame you apparently can't co-op the new tower. But oh well.  

It would be neat if you unlocked co-op after getting to a certain floor!

• Like 1

Just now, Soraking1991 said:

When Housemarque tweeted a tease about possibly more Returnal content, I said to myself, "I'm sure they're waiting for me to start the game before they announce anything".

I started Returnal 2 days ago. You're welcome.

Your efforts are appreciated.

• Like 3

After reading the Blog article it sounds like the Tower will be the best part of the game in that it's not randomized.

I still haven't played this since I just got a PS5 a little bit ago and it's somehow still too expensive for me to buy. If they add co op trophies I'll probably just skip it entirely since I want that 100% and haven't played it yet anyway. Why the hell they felt the need to stick co op in this game I'll never know ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Wondering how they're going to patch the game to accommodate the coop mode, I mean to save progress from both players, I hope is not saved just for the host. 

According to the PlayStation Blog progress will be saved for the host like in Souls. Joining players will still keep any logs and such that they find, but game progression appears to be for the host only. 

• Like 2

Just now, Maxemole said:

According to the PlayStation Blog progress will be saved for the host like in Souls. Joining players will still keep any logs and such that they find, but game progression appears to be for the host only. 

Ok, :(  Thanks for answer