Free Returnal Update Adds Co-op + Game Mode

Maxemole

41 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

Usually i fucking hate dlc releases but man... i can't wait! This game deserves so much more attention! So i am really glad they offer new content here and for free? This is dope! 

Will install it right away

Yes for free, that's so cool, I would have paid easily for new contents ! Such free contents is so rare nowadays...

• Like 2

I'm glad there are no co op trophies

but for someone who prefers to finish games in one go, I'll start to wait at least a year to buy Sony's games. once I move on, it's hard to go back to a game, I've yet to do the Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima updates

Edited by TalalHmd
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

I'm glad there are no co op trophies

but for someone prefers to finish games in one go, I'll start to wait at least year to buy Sony's games. once I' move on, it's hard to go back to a game, I've yet to do the Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima updates

I'm the same way. It's so dumb to add a NG+ with trophies months after release. Or like, a new difficulty level with trophies. Just put those things in the initial release. 

I suppose it's to make people hang onto their physical games longer? I dunno, I think digital has become so popular that it outweighs the used games business. 

But anyway, getting back into a game, especially a difficult one like Returnal, months or a year after release isn't something I'm fond of 

Edited by yowzagabowza
  • Like 2

Helped a dude go from 4 to end and also died on floor 8 to my rustyness but overall not bad so far.  Slightly worried about the last two trophies tho, what exactly do we have to do, is it the collectibles? 

Wish the tower had coop too. ?

• Like 1

Praise the Lords, I still have my save xD.

Anyone know if the loot drops works the same??? I went through platinum collecting only 3 weapons as per my guide so I have 1/3 chance in getting a Electropylon which should make it much easier....if drops are the same??? 

I spent 100s of hours on this and dunno if I have the patience to get gud again

Edited by Optinooby

38 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Praise the Lords, I still have my save xD.

Anyone know if the loot drops works the same??? I went through platinum collecting only 3 weapons as per my guide so I have 1/3 chance in getting a Electropylon which should make it much easier....if drops are the same??? 

I spent 100s of hours on this and dunno if I have the patience to get gud again

Drops are rng like the main game, you can get a good weapon early in the first floors or get only pistols haha. But you get a lot of health upgrades soon!

2 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

Drops are rng like the main game, you can get a good weapon early in the first floors or get only pistols haha. But you get a lot of health upgrades soon!

The main game though, in terms of weapons, ONLY drops what weapons you have scanned/found, so if you completely avoid certain weapons, then they NEVER drop from enemies.

The Artefacts/Consumable are little different, they usually all drop or do eventually with story progression. The weapon drop system is more unique.

So if drops work the same as the main game, does that mean ONLY 3 weapons have a chance to drop for me, as I only ever have 3 weapons that drop in the main game??

2 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

But can we even do everything needed for the platinum in co-op?

If you open the tutorial and go to co-op you'll see that house sequences are not available in co-op and if I remember correctly, you need these for the plat.

Yea you still ONLY get the weapons that you have scanned/picked up in the main game. What this means is that if you only scanned/picked up the pistol (story related) and NOTHING else, then you will only find the pistol in the DLC!!!

Probably doesn't mean that much, but I find it important because I have MUCH more chance to getting any OP weapons that I like!!! (I've only scanned the Pistol, Carbine and Electropylon Driver)

I had a go on this today, I really don't like that I can't play any other game for another 3 or so hours while doing the tower if I don't die. I can see players annoyance about the suspend cycle feature, but those players should also be able to see our annoyance in not being able to play anything else if we are doing well and if we do, then we lose all progress, then of course u have crashes and such.

Especially considering there are apparently 9 phases ;(

There are lots of cyphers and logs again, hope they are not needed for any trophy requirements ;(

Edited by Optinooby

Beat the third level and now on fourth (took 2 tries).  My question remains, what the hell do we need for the last two trophies?  The update is fun but don't wanna run around like a headless chicken for trophies.  Oh and I have 15/20 glyphs by now, I'm sure that unlock one of them.  Maybe the flowers? I only have 1 so far. 

Edited by Fr_0zt