Free Returnal Update Adds Co-op + Game Mode

Maxemole

3 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Beat the third level and now on fourth (took 2 tries).  My question remains, what the hell do we need for the last two trophies?  The update is fun but don't wanna tun around like a headless chicken for trophies.  Oh and I have 14/20 glyphs by now, I'm sure that unlock one of them.  Maybe the flowers? I only have 1 so far. 

The 'Empty Embrace' trophy is for sure flower-related, given the trophy icon.

11 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Beat the third level and now on fourth (took 2 tries).  My question remains, what the hell do we need for the last two trophies?  The update is fun but don't wanna tun around like a headless chicken for trophies.  Oh and I have 14/20 glyphs by now, I'm sure that unlock one of them.  Maybe the flowers? I only have 1 so far. 

The gold trophy is the only one nobody has obtained yet, with the #1 on the Leaderboard last time I checked being in Phase 9, Room 5, I'm wondering if the gold trophy requires you to FULLY complete the tower, maybe it goes past 9.5, maybe 9.20 or all the way up to 10.

Definitely going to be a grind, especially if there is no chance to suspend at all. I can do Platinum in under 7 hours, this seems like it could be even longer ;(

Similar to Mortal Shell, when you know the game, the DLC ends up taking 3 times as long as the platinum ;(. I enjoyed that though, at least runs could be done within an hour and you could resume iirc.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

The gold trophy is the only one nobody has obtained yet, with the #1 on the Leaderboard last time I checked being in Phase 9, Room 5, I'm wondering if the gold trophy requires you to FULLY complete the tower, maybe it goes past 9.5, maybe 9.20 or all the way up to 10.

Definitely going to be a grind, especially if there is no chance to suspend at all. I can do Platinum in under 7 hours, this seems like it could be even longer ;(

Similar to Mortal Shell, when you know the game, the DLC ends up taking 3 times as long as the platinum ;(. I enjoyed that though, at least runs could be done within an hour and you could resume iirc.

Hmm. They have said it's an endless mode, however. Is it possible to complete?

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

No way in hell its something so BS like that.  It would kill the 100% of everyone but the 1% of players.  Not only is it difficult but the time it would take to reach level 10.... Its just too much. 

My money is on glyphs? 

25 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

No way in hell its something so BS like that.  It would kill the 100% of everyone but the 1% of players.  Not only is it difficult but the time it would take to reach level 10.... Its just too much. 

My money is on glyphs? 

Isn't this what was said about the game at launch?! XD.

I think your right though, looking at the PSblog post again, it does say that it never ends. That's crazy!!

The icon for the gold trophy is 2 characters back to back, like Selene and her soul I guess or something, I wonder if it's CooP related. Due to it being gold, if it was CooP related, maybe it's for finishing the Campaign in CooP but how would that even track

Sure we'll figure it out eventually

2 minutes ago, Teh_Zombz said:

ok i got it, you just need to beat phase 3 again after you've got the trophy with the flowers and visit the hospital for another ending

Phew xD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

Beat the third level and now on fourth (took 2 tries).  My question remains, what the hell do we need for the last two trophies?  The update is fun but don't wanna run around like a headless chicken for trophies.  Oh and I have 15/20 glyphs by now, I'm sure that unlock one of them.  Maybe the flowers? I only have 1 so far. 

Opening the door is definitely linked to the flowers. I have found three but there's still more. I'm guessing it's six cause that's how many sun fragments there were in the main game. 

I'm guessing the other one is linked to the ciphers. Has to be. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Teh_Zombz said:

ok i got it, you just need to beat phase 3 again after you've got the trophy with the flowers and visit the hospital for another ending

SIUUUUUU! 

???

Now we just need a flowers guide (if that's even possible). 

• Like 1

I think the gold is certainly linked to the flowers, as they allow to progress through the story. I lost at step 3-7 after 3 attempts, I will try it again to unlock everything :D 

What a pleasure to play this game again. The tower improved the gameplay from the main game, adding nice ideas (forcing you to switch your weapons, passing a certain level, adding the new disgorger which is massively powerful). Also the more you progress, the more ennemies there are between the rest phases... 

I also like the fact you discover new items after few attempts which help you to progress throughout the tower. 

6 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

So these flowers are they marked on the map? I've just started and got no clue what they are :P  

You can get them like the logs and the xenoglyphs, it's marked on the map. But often, it's quite visible and it allows you to progress in the story as well. 

• Like 1

Just got the Gold trophy. Can confirm the following;

• Had 19/20 glyphs (when i got it)
  • After finding the sixth flower, did the hosptial scene, i replayed the tower until Phase 3 and killed the boss.
  • Selene then said to revisit the hospital
  • Did sat in the bed, watch cinematics and got the trophy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, wardragon989 said:

Just got the Gold trophy. Can confirm the following;

• Had 19/20 glyphs (when i got it)
  • After finding the sixth flower, did the hosptial scene, i replayed the tower until Phase 3 and killed the boss.
  • Selene then said to revisit the hospital
  • Did sat in the bed, watch cinematics and got the trophy

Just got the second flower on phase 2, made it all the way to phase 5.  What's the trigger for them, do they always appear on 2, should I restart as soon as a get one, etc? Also have 19/20 glyphs, can't be arsed to get the last, if it isn't required. 

9 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Just got the second flower on phase 2, made it all the way to phase 5.  What's the trigger for them, do they always appear on 2, should I restart as soon as a get one, etc? Also have 19/20 glyphs, can't be arsed to get the last, if it isn't required. 

After I got my first flower and made it to phase 3 and died at 19/20 (fml)

I revisited the hospital again and got some new items to check out and got my second flower in phase 1 pretty early.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

After I got my first flower and made it to phase 3 and died at 19/20 (fml)

I revisited the hospital again and got some new items to check out and got my second flower in phase 1 pretty early.

Yeah, I did some of that just now.  I'll continue tomorrow, too much Returnal for today. ?

18 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

They keep spawning very obviously in the middle of rooms which are progressively further and further. Just restart as soon as you find one and do the first person sequences. All of them were before the third boss.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

Crazy that people will be back to 100% so quickly. Housemarque worked for MONTHS on this and people are done with it in a day! 

It's a good news the extra trophies don't take too long to get and are not related to online features. Also great it's free but I'm just pissed cause I sold my copy already even though I loved the game. Now I have to buy it again : /    At least  it's not a 150$ experience like AC Valhalla.

I'm almost sure it's +5 each room to get the 6 flowers.

I got my 5th flower on floor 15 phase 2

after killing the boss on floor 20 phase 2 the 6th flower was just before the teleport station to get into phase 3.

Edited by Deluziion90
  • Like 1