This Game Keeps Making My PS5 Hard Crash

Kazduin

Anybody else experiencing this problem? I’m about 100% certain my PS5 isn’t overheating as I get no warnings and it only happens while playing this game. Everything else is fine. My PS5 is clean also. It shuts off without warning and always has to rebuild the database afterwards and then yells at me for not shutting my PS5 off properly 

Edited by Kazduin
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Kazduin said:

Anybody else experiencing this problem? I’m about 100% certain my PS5 isn’t overheating as I get no warnings and it only happens while playing this game. Everything else is fine. My PS5 is clean also. It shuts off without warning and always has to rebuild the database afterwards and then yells at me for not shutting my PS5 off properly 

This has been happening to me since I got mine in July of '21. It shut off twice playing this. I read there are about 3 reason the machine shuts off by itself. 

I had this problem with Horizon Forbidden West and Ghostrunner. I thought it was not overheating, but guess what. I completely dissasmbelled it (Thx to TronicsFix video) and found out, that my PSU is completely dusted. There was so much dust. So i cleaned it out, put back everything in and i have 0 issues now. 

I voided my warranty, so if you have warranty use it. Send it to Sony central and they will send you new one or they'll repair it. 

PS5 is much quieter and cooler. So it's worth a try. You can open it, take out fan (step 2 in this video, it wont void your warranty and its easy TronicsFix video) and look at your PSU if its dusty or not.

Edited by SteveHood
they -> they'll

On 3/10/2022 at 10:01 AM, pro_cow_tipper said:

Had a hard crash last night shortly after turning the game on, but the lights stayed on with no response.  Really thought my PS5 was bricked for like an hour.  PS troubleshooting told me to pull the power cord which was terrifying.

I was DOWN BADDDD lol

Still having horrible issues. Game crashes upon starting any sport race. Six attempts in a row… I did qualifying during the race + 10 min wait, full warm-up, then system crash as the race is loading. Cleared the cache and rebuilt the database and it is still happening. 

edit: seems to be working again. Got two straight wins (my first) since I had practiced so much, so I forgive them. 

Edited by pro_cow_tipper

My problem persists, cache cleared....buying cars of finishing an event that awards a car....crash...... this is a joke

EDIT: I have 2 PS5s, so i installed GT7 on my other PS5, and the problem is the same.

Edited by tomcat_csR