How grindy is it?

Maahniac

20 hours ago, gatsby132star said:

You’re welcome. Just trying to save us from 10–20 minute matches! Be quick though this will be patched for sure. Good luck

Currently on 80 wins right now in faction wars. Just going to smash it to 100 before it gets patched and then casually try get as many wins as possible but don't think I'll win 500 faction wars for the 92 undertaker. Seems too much.

5 hours ago, PSwifty95 said:

Currently on 80 wins right now in faction wars. Just going to smash it to 100 before it gets patched and then casually try get as many wins as possible but don't think I'll win 500 faction wars for the 92 undertaker. Seems too much.

It looks like we almost got no choice unless you're lucky with briefcases rewards. 

We need 5 diamond cards in our collection to get a life time achiement. We get 3 from winning 500 matches and 2 more from buying them on the token market. 

Today i got to the ruby section and it cost me 850 tokens.  on 110 wins.

5 hours ago, MynraVJ said:

Nah, I just dropped. It's literally impossible to win 4v4 Money in the Bank

I tried again, I won

But seriously, the devs are crazy. I mean the AI is stupid af I was getting knocked down when I tried to grab the briefcase

I have about 50 medals, I hope to finish soon

3 hours ago, MynraVJ said:

I tried again, I won

But seriously, the devs are crazy. I mean the AI is stupid af I was getting knocked down when I tried to grab the briefcase

That sounds so bad a 4v4 money in the bank I'm not looking forward to that 

3 hours ago, MynraVJ said:

I tried again, I won

You can see how annoying and ridiculous the AI is in triple threat tornado tag matches. 

I'm right there in match 5 in tower 2 , considering therapy.

Chapter 1, Tower 5, Medals: 54

I think I'm going to give up. In this tower you have to complete an 8-Man Ladder Match (2v2v2v2) and another 8-Man Ladder Match (4v4)

It's not about the skill anymore, it's having to deal with the stupid AI.

18 hours ago, shlomaniac said:

It looks like we almost got no choice unless you're lucky with briefcases rewards. 

We need 5 diamond cards in our collection to get a life time achiement. We get 3 from winning 500 matches and 2 more from buying them on the token market. 

True, hadn't considered that. But I think they will add more diamond cards to the game over time which should be easier to obtain (hopefully) but this is just me wishful thinking. The game is fun, but these 4v4 matches are hell.. I cannot imagine winning 500 games of faction wars legit. Hopefully the DQ method doesn't get patched. I have reached 100 wins now, but I will probably just try to grind it out for 500 wins just in case.

1 hour ago, PSwifty95 said:

True, hadn't considered that. But I think they will add more diamond cards to the game over time which should be easier to obtain (hopefully) but this is just me wishful thinking. The game is fun, but these 4v4 matches are hell.. I cannot imagine winning 500 games of faction wars legit. Hopefully the DQ method doesn't get patched. I have reached 100 wins now, but I will probably just try to grind it out for 500 wins just in case.

I forgot to mention , the last 2 chapter in proving grounds have diamond sasha banks and diamond stone cold if you win both on legendary difficulty. Its way more stressful and long than 500 faction wars. 

For me , I cant understand the appeal of playing 4v4 and how they thought it's a good idea. 

I'm grinding the 500 wins with kendo method and asuka submission method. 30 sec to 1 minute matches.

I see people are having trouble with the faction wars I can help. I've hit 104 wins already and with my method you could probably get 10 wins in an hour. The kendo stick method is cool and all but my way is easier in my opinion. 

1) Hopefully your started pack is Raw and you have Becky lynch. If not play the game until you unlock a female character with high submission stats. 

2) When you have a good female character with high submission, also use the Stephanie mcmahon manager card if you have it, this will increase technical submission stats for your team. 

3) Now that you have a submission wrestler and optionally Stephanie mcmahon manager, make a faction with your submission wrestler and the 3 weakest cards you have. You want to do the 3 weakest cards because the game is going to match your card value with your opponent. Only giving the opponent a slight rating bump. So for instance, if you have a rating 77, 54, 61 and 58, the opponent will likely have a team of 80, 56, 63 and 61. 

4) Keep in mind it's important to use women because their submission defense is much worse than the men. 

5) Now what you want to do is before you start the match, select your weakest card to begin the match. This will make the game start the opponent with their weakest card as well.

6) As soon as the match begins, tag in your submission wrestler and begin working whatever body part their submission damages. If you do have Becky lynch from the starter pack and leveled her up to emerald she's a beast in faction wars. If you grab attack a grounded opponents arm and hit square it's an arm stomp that forever whatever reason the AI struggles countering. You'll turn the arm red after about 6 or 7 grab attacks on it. 

7) Becky's finisher is going to almost instantly tap anyone with a red arm, as long as it isn't their highest rated wrestler. If so you'll probably need 2 finishers to finish them unless your partner can stop the AI from breaking up the submission. 

8) There's a change when working the arm You'll get countered and they'll tag another person in but chances are it'll be another weak card and you can start the process again which is super quick. If no tag is made you can finish the match in under 2 minutes. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 7:30 AM, shlomaniac said:

hey mate am i missing something here as there is plenty of diamond cards you can buy from the token market? ?

1 hour ago, Woodzy_5 said:

hey mate am i missing something here as there is plenty of diamond cards you can buy from the token market? 1f914.png

Yes but its a huge grind and you'll get 500 wins anyways in that grind. 

Like i said I'm in the ruby tier in the token market and I'm broke (900 tokens). 

I need 17 more cards that cost 45 (765) to level up to amethyst.

Then 20 cards that cost 50 (1000) to level up to Diamond tier.

23 minutes ago, shlomaniac said:

Yes but its a huge grind and you'll get 500 wins anyways in that grind. 

Like i said I'm in the ruby tier in the token market and I'm broke (900 tokens). 

I need 17 more cards that cost 45 (765) to level up to amethyst.

Then 20 cards that cost 50 (1000) to level up to Diamond tier.

oh yes i see now lol yeah its going to be a grind but i feel like myfaction is definitely will be the quickest way to get it done especially while you can do the kendo stick trick 

21 minutes ago, Woodzy_5 said:

oh yes i see now lol yeah its going to be a grind but i feel like myfaction is definitely will be the quickest way to get it done especially while you can do the kendo stick trick 

Looking into faction wars a hit deeper, the token reward actually dies off eventually. I'm at 104 wins and I think there's only like a total of 3 more token rewards that equal only around 120 tokens or so. As you climb the faction war tower the rewards only become cards and my faction points. So there must be some updates coming because as it stands even getting all the tokens from faction wars and proving grounds by playing on legendary I still don't think you'd have enough to unlock the diamond tier in the token market. 

Edited by RuggedProGaming

5 hours ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

Just finished the 200 medals challenge, and now that I'm looking into the whole diamond card thing properly, I realise now just how much more of a grind it's going to be haha. 1f62d.png

How many multi person ladder matches have you had to do? I think I've done about 4 or 5 already. Currently just started chapter 3. They are the worst thing about the game. But hoping that more packs release with diamond cards and faction wars rewards. Because currently the card packs suck ass. No reason for anyone to even buy. Unsure why 2k would do that. 

10 hours ago, RuggedProGaming said:

How many multi person ladder matches have you had to do? I think I've done about 4 or 5 already. Currently just started chapter 3. They are the worst thing about the game. But hoping that more packs release with diamond cards and faction wars rewards. Because currently the card packs suck ass. No reason for anyone to even buy. Unsure why 2k would do that. 

Probably about the same as I'm still on Chapter 3 as well. I was doing everything on Normal but then as you pretty much referred to, the multi-man ladder matches are a pain haha. So I did then start to go back through the Chapters to do a mix of Hard and Legendary, depending on the match type.

8 hours ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

Probably about the same as I'm still on Chapter 3 as well. I was doing everything on Normal but then as you pretty much referred to, the multi-man ladder matches are a pain haha. So I did then start to go back through the Chapters to do a mix of Hard and Legendary, depending on the match type.

I've been doing the same. Looking at what legendary matches are doable to decrease the amount of new matches I'd have to do. If it wasn't for those ladder matches I would look forward to completing the entire proving grounds for fun but anytime I have to do a 8 man ladder match with 4 teams I change into a raging person of hate. I refuse to do any more of those that aren't necessary for the platinum. So as soon as I hit 200 medals I'm done with proving grounds unfortunately. 

• Like 1

The loading times to enter MyFaction are ridiculous. I've waited 5 minutes (4 theme songs+booker t) like an idiot. 

And I thought 30 seconds wait in FIFA 22 UT was too much... 2K is terrible. 

I'm 100% certain 99% of non trophy hunters will not enter that mode again after 1 long wait.

Edit: after i won a match i got an error so i had to go back to the main menu and load the mode again. I'm now waiting more than 5 minutes... I'm very close to not playing the game until its patched. Svr2011 loaded faster.

Edited by shlomaniac
Fck 2k
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Woodzy_5 said:

hey guys just wondering how everyone is going with their myfactions wins so far? its a bit of a grind im upto 332 i can see the end in sight though lol

It's getting the amethyst and diamond cards that are going to be a pain in the ass. The win total is time consuming but is easily doable. Getting those higher tier cards however are going to require beating some ridiculously insane match types on legendary. 

7 hours ago, RuggedProGaming said:

It's getting the amethyst and diamond cards that are going to be a pain in the ass. The win total is time consuming but is easily doable. Getting those higher tier cards however are going to require beating some ridiculously insane match types on legendary. 

im going to get the 3 legendary cards from myfaction and the rest from the proving grounds i reckon same as amethyst cards i only need 6 more