Maahniac

How grindy is it?

103 posts in this topic

On 3/19/2022 at 10:42 AM, SolidNinjaSnake said:

Probably about the same as I'm still on Chapter 3 as well. I was doing everything on Normal but then as you pretty much referred to, the multi-man ladder matches are a pain haha. So I did then start to go back through the Chapters to do a mix of Hard and Legendary, depending on the match type.

Does the kendo stick method work for legendary/hard mode for proving grounds?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TelliksOnhir said:

Does the kendo stick method work for legendary/hard mode for proving grounds?

 

It does, but the issue with Proving Grounds is all matches require you to get a certain amount of MFP from Match Actions, and the higher the difficulty the more you need to get. So if a Legend Difficulty match requires 90 MFP from Match Actions, you still have to play the match long enough to do those actions during the match match (Taunting the crowd, taunting your opponent, Landing a Sig and Finisher, etc)...and with it being on Legend, by the time you get the chance to put the Kendo Stick in play...you and your opponent are probably worn out enough to end the match naturally anyways. 

 

I don't think there's any real way to cheese Proving Grounds. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Viper said:

It does, but the issue with Proving Grounds is all matches require you to get a certain amount of MFP from Match Actions, and the higher the difficulty the more you need to get. So if a Legend Difficulty match requires 90 MFP from Match Actions, you still have to play the match long enough to do those actions during the match match (Taunting the crowd, taunting your opponent, Landing a Sig and Finisher, etc)...and with it being on Legend, by the time you get the chance to put the Kendo Stick in play...you and your opponent are probably worn out enough to end the match naturally anyways. 

 

I don't think there's any real way to cheese Proving Grounds. 

This is spot on. On legendary you usually need to do all but 1 of the match actions in order to meet the requirements and they're almost all damage based. So once you get the ones you need you'll be ready to actually win. 2k really went out of their way to make sure some of the overly difficult match types remain a pain in the ass on legendary difficulty. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know if you have to complete every match on legendary to eventually get that Stone Cold card or does the difficulty only matter for the tokens etc?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, PSwifty95 said:

Anyone know if you have to complete every match on legendary to eventually get that Stone Cold card or does the difficulty only matter for the tokens etc?

If I remember correctly the stone cold card is for chapter 5 which means you'd have to beat every match in chapter 5 on legendary to receive the necessary tokens to get that reward. Problem is that some of the match types they put in proving grounds aren't fun at all and are just extremely frustrating. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest patch has stopped the kendo stick method now. You can't seem to get any weapons at all now.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

The latest patch has stopped the kendo stick method now. You can't seem to get any weapons at all now.

Which is funny. Instead of improving the AI to realize they're holding a weapon, they just remove the weapons entirely. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Literally NO ONE has the platinum yet, that tells you something.

 

Can't believe this shit will be the hardest platinum since WWE'13. Fuck this shit.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fresquinho said:

Literally NO ONE has the platinum yet, that tells you something.

 

Can't believe this shit will be the hardest platinum since WWE'13. Fuck this shit.

Sry for my bad english, but i think no one can have the platinum at this point because of the daily challenges... i started my faction and i got the nwo pack again 😂 now i have this cards twice🙈

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, IchKummAusmOsten said:

Sry for my bad english, but i think no one can have the platinum at this point because of the daily challenges... i started my faction and i got the nwo pack again 1f602.png now i have this cards twice1f648.png


Are you saying you can get the nWo DLC contents (from the special nWo edition) from MyFaction without having to pay real money?

 

or maybe this is just content within MyFaction?

 

Sorry, I don’t have the game yet but would love nWo content without paying extra for it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, djb5f said:


Are you saying you can get the nWo DLC contents (from the special nWo edition) from MyFaction without having to pay real money?

 

or maybe this is just content within MyFaction?

 

Sorry, I don’t have the game yet but would love nWo content without paying extra for it.

i got the nwo 4 Life edition 🙂

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, IchKummAusmOsten said:

i got the nwo 4 Life edition 1f642.png


Yes, but you said you got the nWo cards twice somehow.  

 

Are you saying you can also earn that content through MyFaction without having to buy that edition?  Maybe it’s just the MyFaction versions of the nWo can be earned, not playable in other modes?
 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to exophase i have around 82-83 hours in this game, 2-3 hours were spent on showcase and 2 hours on exhibition and universe. That leaves 78 hours in MyFaction alone. Im basically almost done (some daily and evo challenges left). As of right now, in the current state of the game, if you want to get the 5 diamond cards challenge, you basically have to do all 500 wins on faction wars and do all chapter 4 and 5 of proving grounds matches on legendary difficulty. The best tip i can give is that you do the 500 wins first, as you will get an amethyst Samoa Joe and a diamond Randy Orton. Samoa Joe can stun in like 4 hits (press square + x + x + x and you will almost fill the stun bar) and is a submission machine and Randy has an abilty in which if you reverse once you fill your signature move bar by two bars, giving you full blue bar with just two reversals. Those two cards carried my ass in proving grounds, so I suggest you use them as soon as you have them.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, djb5f said:


Yes, but you said you got the nWo cards twice somehow.  

 

Are you saying you can also earn that content through MyFaction without having to buy that edition?  Maybe it’s just the MyFaction versions of the nWo can be earned, not playable in other modes?
 

 

I think you need the nwo edition for the nwo cards in myfaction.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IchKummAusmOsten said:

I think you need the nwo edition for the nwo cards in myfaction.


Makes sense!  That is what I would expect.

 

Just curious how you got 2 copies of the nWo packs, lol

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was an exploit in Faction Wars where people were using before the 1.06 patch, you would go out of the ring and grab a kendo stick and let the opponent grab it from you and hit you with it, causing an insta-DQ, and you would win. It would legitimately count towards your Faction Wars wins, but like I said, they patched it in the 1.06 update.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just finished getting 5 Diamond Superstars and thought I'd just share this in case anyone was wondering about just how much you have to complete, or potentially anyway due to the briefcase rewards RNG for giving out tokens. I got Sasha Banks and Stone Cold from Proving Grounds Chapters 4 and 5 respectively. The other three Diamond Superstars were actually from using the tokens in the Store!

 

Proving Grounds I had completed the first three chapters switching between difficulties, then the last two is when I started to do all matches on Legendary. Once I did them, I was then going through the previous chapters on Legendary. In the end, I only got all tokens for Chapters 1, 2, 4 and 5. Chapter 3 I was going to go through tomorrow, which I guess I don't need to now haha, but in the end, I only have 89/126 tokens for Chapter 3.

 

Faction Wars I was planning/expecting to have to go the full 500 wins, however in the end, I only ended up with 300 wins. Diamond Superstar Rewards is at 410, 455 and 500 wins. So I didn't even need them in the end!

 

Not sure if there's any more for Weekly Towers, but it looks like as of right now, you only get tokens from the Week 3 Tower? Either way, I have done all the matches in this mode, including the recent addition of Week 6.

 

So yeah, now I just have to wait a couple of weeks to get the final lifetime challenges! Just have Daily Challenges, Loyalty Rewards and 100 Weekly Tower Wins left.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From April 2, there will apparently be new rewards and also new suitcase rewards in FACTION WARS, which will certainly include the WWE tokens. So don't waste your energy and nerve on Proving Grounds-legendary difficulty to get 2 diamond cards. Because with the new WWE tokens you could easily buy the diamond cards in the token shop.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Benjiunkix said:

From April 2, there will apparently be new rewards and also new suitcase rewards in FACTION WARS, which will certainly include the WWE tokens. So don't waste your energy and nerve on Proving Grounds-legendary difficulty to get 2 diamond cards. Because with the new WWE tokens you could easily buy the diamond cards in the token shop.

Don't we get WWE tokens for faction wars anyway?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PSwifty95 said:

Don't we get WWE tokens for faction wars anyway?

No after 175 wins (I believe) you stop getting them

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TelliksOnhir said:

No after 175 wins (I believe) you stop getting them

Oh right so are they going to extend the rewards past 500 wins you think? I am only on 160 wins atm, no where near 500 unfortunately

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, PSwifty95 said:

Don't we get WWE tokens for faction wars anyway?


Yes, but it says that the current rewards will be available until the first of April. Then starting April 2, there will be apparently new rewards with WWE tokens, from Victory 1 to 500, all new rewards.

Edited by Benjiunkix
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.