Dawn of Ragnarok not part of the season pass/Gold edition

22 minutes ago, HedleyNEUK said:

What a whopper you are sir! I didn't say i'd been duped/conned but i did complain i felt it unjust that it wasn't included. I had naively presumed it would be included and was shocked when t wasn't, and vented some frustration. You're entitled to your opinion of course, but please don't change my words and make my post something it's not.

I made a wrong assumption, and that is on me though. From memory each Ubi game i've done 100% ive only needed the Gold Ed/Season Pass, and didn't notice this one was for season 1 only. Il learn from that and be more mindful in the future, and of course i appreciate the time you took to highlight some of these facts to me ;)

I mean no ill will in my reply, and wish you the best

Peace

Noted!

I read into the "What a disappointment!" and "What a joke" parts and probably took that more negatively than you meant it. But it still does read negatively, especially the third and fourth sentences. But I can understand that you were maybe a little raw from realizing that this game was different (as Ubisoft doesn't usually do two seasons of content for its games), so I apologize if my post came out a little more harshly than I meant it. 

And for what it's worth, the bolded part is not me screaming, just highlighting the most important bit.

I also wish you no ill will and am glad you are at least owning up to your incorrect assumption!

1 minute ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Noted!

I read into the "What a disappointment!" and "What a joke" parts and probably took that more negatively than you meant it. But it still does read negatively, especially the third and fourth sentences. But I can understand that you were maybe a little raw from realizing that this game was different (as Ubisoft doesn't usually do two seasons of content for its games), so I apologize if my post came out a little more harshly than I meant it. 

And for what it's worth, the bolded part is not me screaming, just highlighting the most important bit.

I also wish you no ill will and am glad you are at least owning up to your incorrect assumption!

Yeah, totally right buddy, it was a negative post. Weirdly im rarely a negative person but randomly decided to throw a post up :D

At the bottom of it my main sentiment is that im just gutted that i am not gonna be playing it tonight, as was really looking forward to it. I've massively enjoyed the whole 140 hour experience so far, and found the previous DLC really good! I was hoping Ragnarok was would have a similar feel to the Odyssey DLC which were superb in taking you away from the main world into another

Il get around to it but just can't justify £32.99 at the moment :)

Just happy to see some fan boys on here. I really like Valhalla and can’t wait to play the Season 1 content after getting this plat. I’ll happily buy this new expansion too when it goes on sale. I’m going to enjoy the 150-200 hrs I put towards getting this 100% completed. All of the negativity towards Ubisoft is white noise to me. 

• Like 2

It was always know ahead this was never going to be included. There also marketing it as a full expansion not just as add-on dlc. Also this basically a whole side game in ways tacked on as an expansion so its expected to be about another 35-40 hours for 100% map completion.

I mean people will complain it's not part of it but in the end those who want it will buy it day 1. Plus we get fly as a Raven.

7 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

It was always know ahead this was never going to be included. There also marketing it as a full expansion not just as add-on dlc. Also this basically a whole side game in ways tacked on as an expansion so its expected to be about another 35-40 hours for 100% map completion.

I mean people will complain it's not part of it but in the end those who want it will buy it day 1. Plus we get fly as a Raven.

I gotta say, the 35 to 40 hours is a bit of a stretch. And it's not your fault. I don't know why Ubisoft kept pushing that number. I think it took me around 20 hours to 100% the DLC.

8 hours ago, HedleyNEUK said:

Yeah, totally right buddy, it was a negative post. Weirdly im rarely a negative person but randomly decided to throw a post up :D

At the bottom of it my main sentiment is that im just gutted that i am not gonna be playing it tonight, as was really looking forward to it. I've massively enjoyed the whole 140 hour experience so far, and found the previous DLC really good! I was hoping Ragnarok was would have a similar feel to the Odyssey DLC which were superb in taking you away from the main world into another

Il get around to it but just can't justify £32.99 at the moment :)

Hey, it happens.

I mean, Ubisoft games tend to go on sale quite a lot. You may be able to wait like a month or two and get a good discount, if you so please.

Personally, I enjoyed Odyssey's FOA DLC more. DOR does transport you a little bit, but Odyssey's realms felt totally unique in a way DOR can't compete. But I hope you dig it!

Edited by Chaos_Bladez
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, HedleyNEUK said:

What a disappointment! :(

Go to download it today at launch as i always buy the Gold Edition's, and find its not a part of the Season Pass/Gold edition and that ts listed at £32.99

What a joke, im not normally one to bash Ubisoft, as im actually pretty much a fanboi and often object to the negative slating they get but man this is a crap decision. I understand business pretty well in my career, but this is the worst example of greed

Im an 100% completionist where possible  so will have to wait for a 50% sale or similar

Rant over

They specifically said when it was announced that it was separate from the season pass. The season pass content has been listed under the description of the pass and Ragnarok was never apart of it. Why would they include a $40 expansion in a $40 pass with two other $25 expansions? Sure it would be nice, but that's a bit much to expect $90 worth of expansions for less than half the price. You were already saving $10 with the first two.

9 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Like most of you, been an Assassin's Creed fan. So basically, when this is all done and done, Valhalla is going to have over 200 - 250 hours of content. Too bad most of that content is boring fluff.

PlayStation Access just released a video entitled, “7 Boring Chores We Inexplicably Love in Games.”  I immediately thought of Valhalla, for me personally. There’s something so relaxing, and fulfilling, like the constant striking off of a checklist, in attaining 100% in every region. From collecting all the wealth, to experiencing the diverse mysteries scattered throughout the world. At least there are fun raids to keep the action heavy in this game. I got drained towards the end of AC-Unity because most of the chests were either guarded by mundane guards or placed underground with inconspicuous access points you had to find.  Just to mark one of like 400 chests (I vaguely remember how many in Unity) 

My point is, yes Valhalla is grindy as hell, but I think the scenery, music, and diversity still keeps me immersed. 

However, on the opposite side of the coin, I can see players also asking themselves, “why the #%^* am I wasting my precious time with this?” Just depends on player’s styles and preferences. 

• Like 2

Speaking as intermediary as i can, without bashing Ubisoft (which is hard for me ever since they took chinese cash because they don't seem to care at all anymore) but i digress. 

season passes last a season.. and that season is as long as a publisher deems, hence why they're called season passes, it means they can expire.. as opposed to a full DLC edition. 

also with all the negativity they've faced they've had to ditch so many top level creatives, so making a new expansion was something they came up with after the game launched... because a new expansion is easier to do then a whole new game.

they plan the dlc, pay the devs to make it, season pass covers that... beyond that any dlc after that is outside of their initial plans and is expected to be paid for.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, kkulifay said:

PlayStation Access just released a video entitled, “7 Boring Chores We Inexplicably Love in Games.”  I immediately thought of Valhalla, for me personally. There’s something so relaxing, and fulfilling, like the constant striking off of a checklist, in attaining 100% in every region. From collecting all the wealth, to experiencing the diverse mysteries scattered throughout the world. At least there are fun raids to keep the action heavy in this game. I got drained towards the end of AC-Unity because most of the chests were either guarded by mundane guards or placed underground with inconspicuous access points you had to find.  Just to mark one of like 400 chests (I vaguely remember how many in Unity) 

My point is, yes Valhalla is grindy as hell, but I think the scenery, music, and diversity still keeps me immersed. 

However, on the opposite side of the coin, I can see players also asking themselves, “why the #%^* am I wasting my precious time with this?” Just depends on player’s styles and preferences. 

You obviously haven’t played many Assassin’s Creed games. 

Valhalla is a bloated slog. It has too many microtransactions. Too much DLC. Too much unnecessary padded content. The collectibles are horrible. The story isn’t even about Assassins, and it hasn’t been since Odyssey. 

Looking at Ghost of Tsushima as a potential buy sometime in the future, it does a better job at being Assassins Creed than Assassins Creed itself does. 

Finally, like everyone else has said, the Dawn of Ragnarok DLC is not part of the Season Pass nor the Gold Edition of the game. 

That’s basically $70 ($60 for the PS4 version) for the Standard Edition on the PS5 plus $39.99 for the Season Pass, and an additional $39.99 for the Dawn of Ragnarok expansion. That comes to $150 plus sales tax if you live where I live. 

Or..... you pay $99.99 for the Gold Edition of Valhalla plus $39.99 for the expansion. Totaling $140. Barely an improvement. 

That’s far too costly for the average person. Myself included.

So you can definitely see why a number of people are upset.

Edited by AJ_Radio
Added some more prices
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

You obviously haven’t played many Assassin’s Creed games. 

Valhalla is a bloated slog. It has too many microtransactions. Too much DLC. Too much unnecessary padded content. The collectibles are horrible. The story isn’t even about Assassins, and it hasn’t been since Odyssey. 

Looking at Ghost of Tsushima as a potential buy sometime in the future, it does a better job at being Assassins Creed than Assassins Creed itself does. 

Finally, like everyone else has said, the Dawn of Ragnarok DLC is not part of the Season Pass nor the Gold Edition of the game. 

That’s basically $70 ($60 for the PS4 version) for the Standard Edition on the PS5 plus $39.99 for the Season Pass, and an additional $39.99 for the Dawn of Ragnarok expansion. That comes to $150 plus sales tax if you live where I live. 

Or..... you pay $99.99 for the Gold Edition of Valhalla plus $39.99 for the expansion. Totaling $140. Barely an improvement. 

That’s far too costly for the average person. Myself included.

So you can definitely see why a number of people are upset.

Have you played it?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have played and plat almost every AC game. I certainly bought a lot of them but this is the last AC for me (unless the next trilogy is going to be set in Japan China Korea triangle). Actually I have not opened the gold edition of Valhalla it's still sitting on my shelf. I won't start the game before I know which is the last DLC. It's just too much for too little. 

This whole DLCs business was the main reason I gave up on getting the games when they come out. Often the DLCs/SPs stay priced high and rarely go on sale. And if they do, it's still pretty expensive and often cheaper to re-buy the base game bundled under Complete Edition/GOTY/whatever.

Plus PS Store is still crap and doesn't let you buy the Complete Edition if you already own the base game and you have to create a new account to do so.