Patch 1.17 - Jacket trophy fixed?

BlackTorito

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-03-10 at 8:00 PM, BlackTorito said:

A new patch rolled out today, and from devs twitter it seems it “corrects” the new trophies.

I’ve loaded a jacket save though and no luck, maybe trying to acquire it again?

https://mobile.twitter.com/discoelysium/status/1501863903537606657

Is your jacket save a hardcore save? I loaded my jacket save witch was not a hardcore save. Activated hardcore and made a new save with it activated. Replayed the game and then loaded my jacket save without hardcore activated. Nothing popped. I closed the game and loaded my other jacket save where I previously activated hardcore and the trophy popped immediately.

12 hours ago, aCCzTaurin said:

Is your jacket save a hardcore save? I loaded my jacket save witch was not a hardcore save. Activated hardcore and made a new save with it activated. Replayed the game and then loaded my jacket save without hardcore activated. Nothing popped. I closed the game and loaded my other jacket save where I previously activated hardcore and the trophy popped immediately.

Hey, what do you mean with “replayed the game”?

My jacket save is not a hardcore one, sadly I overwrote it back when I beat the game. So you mean there is no need to fully complete the game again? I might try your method

On 2022-03-24 at 10:44 PM, BlackTorito said:

Hey, what do you mean with “replayed the game”?

My jacket save is not a hardcore one, sadly I overwrote it back when I beat the game. So you mean there is no need to fully complete the game again? I might try your method

I’m sorry I misunderstood your post. Yes I had to replay the full game. However the workaround didn’t work for me when I loaded my jacketsave that didn’t have HC activated.

• 1 month later...

@BlackTorito I got the jacket trophy recently as well.

According to the dev, the achievement guide on Steam is not correct. https://steamcommunity.com/app/632470/discussions/0/3203746811798411455/

Hey folks, this achievement requires the player to finish the game in hardcore mode and then start a new game, also in hardcore mode. If this isn't how it's working for you, please do let us know.

Basically the player needs to finish the hardcore mode and Kim will wear a new jacket once a new hardcore game is started. The trophy should pop when you meet Kim.

This is what I did to pop the trophy

1. Load an old hardcore save to watch the ending. (I hope this is not necessary if the game remembers that you have completed the hardcore mode before.)
  2. Start a new game in NORMAL mode (NOT hardcore). Once loaded, switch to HARDCORE mode.
  3. Go downstairs to meet Kim. The trophy popped after a few seconds.

Before this, I started a new game directly in HARDCORE mode which did not pop the trophy.

Hope this helps

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

1. Load an old hardcore save to watch the ending. (I hope this is not necessary if the game remembers that you have completed the hardcore mode before.)
  2. Start a new game in NORMAL mode (NOT hardcore). Once loaded, switch to HARDCORE mode.
  3. Go downstairs to meet Kim. The trophy popped after a few seconds.

I did exactly that and got the trophy. Unfortunately, step 1 is mandatory. I had a hardcore playthrough completed but Kim was in the orange jacket on a new game. After completing the hardcore again, I managed him to wear the black jacket. 

Edited by kalimullin